2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wonder if it is worth redrafting Luke Strnadica in the midseason if we need another ruck/forward. We let him go during the Ross Lyon era didn't we? Anyone rate him now?

We could do worse, but I don’t think we need a ruck/forward, more a tall forward, if he can prove himself in that position I’d be all for it but EF need him in the ruck not fwd.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Sturt is man beast.
Schofield was pretty solid down back.
Noddy & western need some game time in the seniors to get some confidence & noddy for some match fitness as well.
Blakely, I don't know how but continuing to go backwards.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We could do worse, but I don’t think we need a ruck/forward, more a tall forward forward, if he can prove himself in that position I’d be all for it but EF need him in the ruck not fwd.

Need both imo. Probably 2-3 talls short on the list.

Four ruck options is the right amount for an AFL list, especially if one of them is a guy like Lobb who’s going to play as a forward most of the time. We have only two other rucks on the list.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sturt is man beast.
Schofield was pretty solid down back.
Noddy & western need some game time in the seniors to get some confidence & noddy for some match fitness as well.
Blakely, I don't know how but continuing to go backwards.

Schofield was terrible considering his rep and only just out of AFL.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Why are people so shocked at Schofield being terrible, he's been a bog ordinary player for years, he slotted into a system at West Coast with a great defense as a patch player but he has been an average player for years.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
That campaigner Margetts tried his best to get the toast over the line ffs I can’t get away from that flog even at the Wafl.
Yeah it was pretty bad mate. Good work by your demons. 11 different goal scorers is impressive. Although one of your players could have got one of the West Coast players suspended ffs ;)

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was right in front of me, did not look malicious. It was a shepherd slightly off the ball and they clashed heads. Both players went down but Brandon came off worse.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
lol Freo Sturt WAFL highlights video...

Lol yeah I noticed this myself... must have been a shocker of a game outside of Sturt’s 5 goals? Also whoever wrote the thumbnail description doesn’t know the difference between WAFL and AFLW

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol yeah I noticed this myself... must have been a shocker of a game outside of Sturt’s 5 goals?
Nah it was fine. There were only 6 Freo players playing and for 3 of them it was their senior debut. It was also a debut for Peel's ruck and one other player. Western did a lightning handball that led to a goal, and launched one of his own from just inside 50, made a couple of costly mistakes but you could see how his speed will be a major weapon once he settles in. Thomas has some silky skills and wasn't bad apart from one very costly mistake. NOD was a bit of a liability but he'll be better next week. They should have added Western's goal to the highlights but from a Peel perspective it was the Sturt show.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
It was right in front of me, did not look malicious. It was a shepherd slightly off the ball and they clashed heads. Both players went down but Brandon came off worse.

Ah k, a Peel person I know made it sound more sinister than that when he was telling me about it.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nah it was fine. There were only 6 Freo players playing and for 3 of them it was their senior debut. It was also a debut for Peel's ruck and one other player. Western did a lightning handball that led to a goal, and launched one of his own from just inside 50, made a couple of costly mistakes but you could see how his speed will be a major weapon once he settles in. Thomas has some silky skills and wasn't bad apart from one very costly mistake. NOD was a bit of a liability but he'll be better next week. They should have added Western's goal to the highlights but from a Peel perspective it was the Sturt show.
Agree. I know all the South Fremantle nuffies will jump on me for saying it, but I think East Fremantle will be a good side this year. They were pretty close to making finals last year and seem to have recruited well:

Ex AFL players in Kommer, Snadden, Eardley, Boekhurst, Marsh, Strnadica, Tucker, Schoenfeld, Jansen, Dixon, O'Reilly, and English.

I also think Bill Monaghan is a pretty fair coach.

Nobody over the age of 30.

Come at me gaskin ;)

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
I wonder if Schoenfield will have another
shot at AFL? But even with 43 touches there was nothing in them that particularly stood out but that’s an incredible amount of possessions.

Back