2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Presumably we could have taken him in the mid season draft. Now we need to spend a reasonable draft pick on him or watch him become an afl quality kpp at another club. We have no idea.
I think he had played nearly solely as a defender until the last 4 weeks or so but I could be wrong. He seems to have done brilliantly as a forward in recent times. Gaskin would know more than me but I think at the time the midseason draft was held he had not played forward.

He will go at PIck 20. It's a formality now that somehow we will just miss out on getting him. That's just how things seem to work for us. I think Motlop's around 25 in most of the mocks.
My friend, it came out we only get him if bid on after 40

Just to clarify, we are talking about Jackson Callow, the forward that got drafted by Hawthorn but despite them being not very good (arguably worse than us) hasn't played a game yet? Still not sure what the obsession is with him?

I suspect that if we want Schlensog, we can probably have him with a rookie pick. I would warn though; most of his goals for the season have come in two games, one of which which was yesterday's against a very depleted Peel Thunder team with basically no key position defenders to match up on him (or Mason Shaw or Jimmy Miller who would have taken first dibs), in an inexperienced midfield (not to mention a ruckman who is not even eligible to be drafted yet) that was always going to be caned but a vastly more experienced and superior midfield. I would want to see more than just that before suggesting we take him with a rookie pick.
To be fair hawthorn have about 4/5 kpfs that would be walk up starts for us right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel are useless without Freo players

got 4 today and getting belted by WCE, worst part is I think WCE have less AFL listed players?
WCE Ressies are pretty much Ainsworth, O'Neill, H Brayshaw, Williams and Winder + a dozen amateur players...and they're flogging Peel.

Was anyone there?? I was checking the scores while watching Lions v WCE and they were gorn!! They must have done one hell of a Lazarus!
Inspiring final speech by Cam Shepherd...

"Ok guys, just a reminder we are playing West Coast"... well either that or more likely...

"* * * * you ******* useless bastards better ******* pick it up in the final quarter you ******* pieces of s**t"

Geez, Michael Randall's numbers from the weekend are impressive. I know he's trained with us and filled in in our intra club games, any hope for an AFL rookie listing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back