2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres, Banfield, O'Driscoll, Watson, Crowden, Western, Giro, Meek all listed for Peel this weekend.

Out: Conca, Duman, Hughes???

edit - are they limited to 8 Fremantle players? If so, perhaps they are trying to qualify additional players for finals?

Last edited:
Acres, Banfield, O'Driscoll, Watson, Crowden, Western, Giro, Meek all listed for Peel this weekend.

edit - are they limited to 8 Fremantle players? If so, perhaps they are trying to qualify additional players for finals?
Pretty sure they are allowed 13 - and no way they make finals.

The final 5 are set and not mathematically possible for anyone else incl. Peel.

An article on Watson in the West discussing his delisting and indicating that he plans on playing the last couple of games to try and impress to get on an AFL list.

There was an article on Conca saying his swan song was the WAFL game last week. Talk about low key exit. Duman and Bewley have checked out.

I like Watson’s attitude. He played a terrible game on the weekend but with his attitude I hope he finds himself another suitor.

The final 5 are set and not mathematically possible for anyone else incl. Peel.

An article on Watson in the West discussing his delisting and indicating that he plans on playing the last couple of games to try and impress to get on an AFL list.

There was an article on Conca saying his swan song was the WAFL game last week. Talk about low key exit. Duman and Bewley have checked out.

I like Watson’s attitude. He played a terrible game on the weekend but with his attitude I hope he finds himself another suitor.
Watson is decent. I hope he does a Sam Collins.

NOD, Western and Meek. Young players looking for experience.
Watson and Giro. Creating value for a second chance.
Crowden, Acres and Banfield? Banfield has been injured a bit, so makes some sense to get another game in. Would we be entertaining trades for the other two? Who would want Acres?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's insane how Peel have a list that's full of AFL reserve players and still can't finish top 2 nearly every year. Yeah we won two flags early on, but we've seen fu** all since then.
You do realise that half the team has been injured the whole year + a few covid trips throughout where Peel had basically no Freo players

The Peel team is terrible without Freo players and we have probably had an average of 4/5 in the team throughout the year, mostly very young kids or old players who are past it.

Tobe Watson 1.1

Trying to prove himself as a forward?

They have had a fairly large injury crisis too and are then topped up with amateur players
My point was there is a reason why we have struggled the last few years. Also the WAFL bought in a bunch of changes to make super hard for us to win.

Mind you I thought it was a bit dodgy when we had the likes of Bennell and Balic sitting in the stand but taking up of the named players in Peel reserves just so they qualify for finals.

Crowden had a good game by the look of the stats. Found plenty of it and 5 tackles. Only 2 inside 50 though and no score so must've been playing a bit of a quarterback type role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back