2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! Lost by 4 points against the top of the table Subi. Unreal effort from the Peel boys including the Freo youngsters to get back in it (and almost winning) after being smashed in the first half.

edit - think tackling might be high on Justin's priority list... Crowden 8 tackles, O'Driscoll 7, Western 6

Last edited:

After the whole Naughton thing we should probably just have a blanket rule that we draft every Peel boy who comes up. Hough and Polson come on down.

Wow! Lost by 4 points against the top of the table Subi. Unreal effort from the Peel boys including the Freo youngsters to get back in it (and almost winning) after being smashed in the first half.

edit - think tackling might be high on Justin's priority list... Crowden 8 tackles, O'Driscoll 7, Western 6
You’re joking. Last I checked was down 45 points close to half time.
That’s seriously impressive.

Just a sneaky prediction from me..

I reckon Peel will push the better teams next year and at least make the GF. Possibly win it.

Looking at our Squad there will be some serious talent outside our 22 who'll make Peel a serious contender next year.

The likes of Acres, Wilson, Blakely and Crowden are more than handy wafl players who will play mostly at Peel next year.

I reckon Peel will push the better teams next year and at least make the GF. Possibly win it.

Looking at our Squad there will be some serious talent outside our 22 who'll make Peel a serious contender next year.

The likes of Acres, Wilson, Blakely and Crowden are more than handy wafl players who will play mostly at Peel next year.
As with every season, it will depend a lot on injuries - if we can keep the majority of the squad fit Peel will be very strong. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't Peel only allowed to play 11-12 of our players.

That's not enough to make up for the overall ****ness of the rest of their squad imo.

This seems as good a place as any to ask but does if anyone know if the WAFL have provided a public explanation as to why their historical stats on their website don't work properly anymore? (Yes, I know its been at least a year).

As the stato's amongst us probably already know all the links are still functional, but they're empty for all matches before 2012 inclusive.

(I don't know when the WAFL started doing live scores, but it was well before that. There was a game I went to when Tim Ruffles kicked 5 for Perth that I used to keep banging on about for years afterwards and I would link to the stats: gone. That game would have been in 2009)

This seems as good a place as any to ask but does if anyone know if the WAFL have provided a public explanation as to why their historical stats on their website don't work properly anymore? (Yes, I know its been at least a year).

As the stato's amongst us probably already know all the links are still functional, but they're empty for all matches before 2012 inclusive.

(I don't know when the WAFL started doing live scores, but it was well before that. There was a game I went to when Tim Ruffles kicked 5 for Perth that I used to keep banging on about for years afterwards and I would link to the stats: gone. That game would have been in 2009)

The website has been absolute dogshit for a couple of years now. As you say, stats missing, impossible to find anything.

If those experienced guys are motivated to go hard at Peel then I agree. But I do have a question mark there. Career-wise they are in god's waiting room.

What I really want to see is the likes of Valente, O'Driscoll, Western, Frederick and Meek beasting it up.

Hey guys, I come in peace. Great draft haul, sets you up really well for those ambitious goals you've set for the next half decade or so.

Wasn't sure how closely you guys follow the Peel colts, but has anyone seen much of Hough? He seems like an interesting prospect and would love the opinion of someone who may have watched him live. Cheers. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back