Ultimate Glory 2021 Peter Crimmins Medal - Congrats Tom Mitchell!

Who wins the PCM?

• Tom Mitchell

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • Chad Wingard

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Jaeger O’Meara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blake Hardwick

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dylan Moore

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FactsNotBS

If you can't say anything nice...
Aug 21, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Always Hawthorn. Just kidding GC.
Likely due to his defensive issues. Hasn’t ever fared well in the pcm voting.

The way the votes are decided with Newman allowed 3,2,1 and Frost and Hardwick polling so well I think Scrim may have been left with 1s. Other line coaches choosing their guys and Clarko choosing mids. Newie rates Scrim defensively…thats for sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see Frosty get a good placing, extremely underrated by fans but obviously highly rated internally. My GOAT.

He carries you guys so hard lol

Peter Crimmins Medal Top 10
Tom Mitchell – 161

Blake Hardwick – 126

Jaeger O’Meara – 121

Dylan Moore – 101

Chad Wingard – 100

Sam Frost – 95

Daniel Howe – 83

Changkuoth Jiath – 79

Liam Shiels & James Worpel – 74

Luke Breust - 73

Other awards:

Best First Year Player – Jacob Koschitzke

Most Promising Player – Changkuoth Jiath

Most Consistent Player – Sam Frost

Best Clubman – Ben McEvoy

Given they were the four players pictured in the PCM banner on the hawks website this arvo, I'll know where to look next year ahead of time! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Good to see Frosty get a good placing, extremely underrated by fans but obviously highly rated internally. My GOAT.

He carries you guys so hard lol

Frost often looked like a baby giraffe on roller-skates most of last season, but has now evolved into an integral part of our defensive structure in recent times...

Last edited:
Its the coaches votes. This is where players like gibson thrived. Why because they followed instructions to the best of their ability. They played the role they were assigned during the week. What the count shows is Moore followed instructions most games along with Howe who infamously kicked it across ground in the Geelong game earlier this year. Kudos to the top 10 on their efforts in whats been a trying year

Congrats Tom Mitchell on winning his 3rd medal

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thinking about the voting, 4 coaches award the votes and every player can be awarded votes so 4 x 1 x 22 means you had a very good year, beating your man each week. Titch averaged double that. Are the weekly results published?

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really really strange that Scrimshaw finished outside the top 10. To the naked eye, watching the Hawks this year, it felt he had a more consistent season then both Shiels and Worpel , in fact I'd put him ahead of frost as well.
Honestly I had him in out top 5 players for the year, maybe even top 3

Very weird result....

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The way the votes are decided with Newman allowed 3,2,1 and Frost and Hardwick polling so well I think Scrim may have been left with 1s. Other line coaches choosing their guys and Clarko choosing mids. Newie rates Scrim defensively…thats for sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So what you are saying is, the coaches rate 10 players, on average ahead of him due to coaches voting on only the line they coach and Clarko floating across the team but favouring mids? Amd that among defenders, the two main ones ahead of him are superior defensively, even though their offensive output is often lower?

an implication of the way you described the voting process as by coaching line is that Tom Mitchell received A shed load of 4 vote performances and almost never anything lower than a 3. He averaged 7.3 votes per game. What a freak! But does that stack up? 🤔

it also means that the highest tally you can get from only your line coaches is 88 if you get 22 4 vote games. And 4 votes are restricted to players who perform exceptional performances so shouldn’t be handed out four times a week. Yet we have 6 players who have more than 88 votes. Both Hardwick and omeara average over 6 votes a game. As did chad. Don’t think that is possible unless coaches are voting across lines.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Howe who infamously kicked it across ground in the Geelong game earlier this year.

I've changed my thinking on this. At the time I was convinced Howe just made the wrong decision and Clarko covered for it. I'm convinced now it was bad coaching. We had Geelong on the ropes. That ball HAD to hit the top of the square.

Anyway, no harm done in the scheme of things. Geelong still blew it come September and Howe had a career best season. Happy ending!

Back