Opinion 2021 player jumper numbers

While generally true, I think Mat Walker got 33 as a draftee. Doesn't have the long history like the numbers 3,5,15,etc. But pretty significant recent history.
Apart from 34, it was the highest number available though. And that's how they give them out

Lance picioane played some cracking games for the hawks....just a lot of games that weren’t at that standard....ummm is the answer Jon hassle? 😂
Scott Wade for his services to Australian cricket?

Russell Shields was ok.

One other note, does someone get Scully's 21 jumper? A late upgrade or we just keep it vacant for a year?

From memory, when Danny Jacobs retired before the start of the year, X.Ellis made a late switch from 32 to 8.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
One other note, does someone get Scully's 21 jumper? A late upgrade or we just keep it vacant for a year?

From memory, when Danny Jacobs retired before the start of the year, X.Ellis made a late switch from 32 to 8.

Moore to 21 would be awesome but not convinced we'll see any movement on jumper numbers this late.

F**k me you got BB being capt for 1 whole season
Can't re-allocate jumper mid season so we have to assume BB plays out the whole year, even if it means we play him CHB/FF or any other place that he shouldn't be played in, that negatively impacts the side.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't re-allocate jumper mid season so we have to assume BB plays out the whole year, even if it means we play him CHB/FF or any other place that he shouldn't be played in, that negatively impacts the side.
F**k me you got BB being capt for just 1 season.:rolleyes:

^ this is what l meant ^

Sorry, to clarify, are you saying he'll be Captain for more than 1 year?
If he’s not burdened with playing ruck each week and he can be used as a utility, he may well be.

He’s looking super fit at the moment.

If he’s not burdened with playing ruck each week and he can be used as a utility, he may well be.

He’s looking super fit at the moment.
I agree with this.

I don't think it's good for the side unless the slimming down has afforded him an increase in speed, but I agree that what you said is likely correct.

In fairness, I think BB @ CHB will work better this year than it did last year (2020), as will Cegs in the ruck.

Last edited:

Coathanger

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2006
Cairns
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Yankees,Virginia Cavaliers
If we're serious then BB rucking and resting forward(always good of a goal or two a game) is where he is best suited.
If Hartigan & DGB go alright he won't required down back.
Gee's he'd clunk marks & kick more goals than Timmy & Lewis combined.

Back