News 2021 Player Numbers

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Haven't heard anything concrete from the club yet and have seen conflicting reports of our new guys sporting numbers at training.

Anyone got the good oil?

Zac, Saad, Fog, Corey, Jack and Luke + any further changes - surprised the club hasn't put something up around this already.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
If Newnes is vacating #32 would have to be for the #16 he wore for many years at the Saints.
Was publicised with Kreuzer hanging the #8 in TDK's locker as passing the baton to the young gun.
Saad has a history in #42 and indicated would keep it. Nothing stated but think Williams' social media handle still includes #29
Just a feeling, but thinking Simmo would like to "gift" his #6 to the player of his choice rather than wait for a "random" to take it in the future.
Candidates to me include Willo, Newman and Marchy. Defenders all, or a young gun he may have had plenty to do with. Just a stab, but Marchy for a change of fortune getting on the park sounds right. The other perhaps is Cuningham after a few seasons with Simmo.

With TDK potentially moving up, would leave Fogarty in 12, with Durdin and Carroll given options from the remaining followed by Parks and any late addition
from there.

Sep 11, 2008
Up high
AFL Club
Carlton
Prediction or fact, eso? Would be surprised if we rested Simmo's 6 but not Kreuz' (unless he personally wanted it passed on).
Prediction. Bullish about Williams in #16.
#29 for Durdin to follow in the steps of the superstars... Bartlett, Gaz Junior, Harvey, Beaumont....
We had a policy for yonks that we rested the numbers of premiership players only. Sadly that's not so relevant of late but still Judd is the only recent exception I can think of.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Not a fan of changing numbers. Just f****** stick to the one you got when you arrived.
Maybe except if they give you #57 when you first rock up as a rookie.

I'd still love to see Gibbo get #6, the number he wore at Willi when he won the two JJ Listons...if he wants it. For mine, he's earned it after being rewarded with a spot on the senior list.

Not a fan though of 'resting' a number....just can't see the point of it.

For mine:

#6 Gibbo
#8 Carroll
#16 Williams
#26 Fogarty
#29 Durdin
#37 Parks
#42 Saad

Maybe except if they give you #57 when you first rock up as a rookie.

I'd still love to see Gibbo get #6, the number he wore at Willi when he won the two JJ Listons...if he wants it. For mine, he's earned it after being rewarded with a spot on the senior list.

Not a fan though of 'resting' a number....just can't see the point of it.

For mine:

#6 Gibbo
#8 Carroll
#16 Williams
#26 Fogarty
#29 Durdin
#37 Parks
#42 Saad
Rookie numbers shouldn’t count if they are that high. Once on the main list, take the number and make it yours.

Also not a fan of resting numbers.

Back