Player Sponsorship 2021 Player Sponsor Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven’t quite got a full deck of applicants yet, but to hopefully avoid this running into Christmas it’s time to get started. Posters wishing to join in the fun of sponsoring a player will go on the end of the draft order as and when they indicate their wish to participate.

I’ve used a random number generator to provide the draft order and unlike the AFL have run a completely uncompromised draft

So here goes, the 2021 WCE player sponsor draft order :

1. Dylan82 - Liam Ryan
2. Barrybran - Alex Witherden
3. The Stid - Liam Duggan
4. BeornJ - Jackson Nelson
5. AsterixTheGaul - Bailey Williams
6. KBLT - Jake Waterman
7. omgfridge - Tom Cole
8. Breva_ - Jarrod Brander Josh Rotham
9. Carbine Chaos - Brayden Ainsworth
10. El_ahrairah - Isiah Winder
11. THE A5 - Zane Trew
12. bUCKET__ - Parris Laurie
13. Dark Sharks - Jarrod Brander
14. SloppyJoe - Oscar Allen
15. WCEswift - Jeremy McGovern
16. AxialMat - Nic Naitanui
17. MWPP - Jack Darling
18. Reminiscence - Dom Sheed
19. Monocle - Xavier O’Neill
20. KO_KO - Jarrod Cameron
21. CM9000 - Nathan Vardy
22. Hap Hapablap - Tom Barrass
23. Falco - Jack Petruccelle
24. flyinghi64 - Josh Kennedy
25. Sandyjihna - Tim Kelly
26. flamingEMBERS - Luke Edwards
27. KERRPOW - Zac Langdon
28. Wedgetailed Westerner - Elliot Yeo
29. Ishmael_ - Brendan Ah Chee
30. bzparkes - Luke Shuey
31. Doughboy - Brad Sheppard
32. WCE_phil - Shannon Hurn
33. RookiePick - Andrew Gaff
34. WCErevival - Jack Redden
35. matt_bas - Willie Rioli
36. squashface - Harry Edwards
37. Keys - Jamaine Jones
38. xenxen - Jamie Cripps

Last edited:
Players selected/available are:

1. Brendan Ah Chee (R) - Ishmael
2. Brayden Ainsworth - Carbine Chaos
3. Oscar Allen - SloppyJoe
4. Tom Barrass - Hap Hapablap
5. Jarrod Brander - Dark Sharks
6. Jarrod Cameron - KO_KO
7. Tom Cole - omgfridge
8. Jamie Cripps - xenxen
9. Jack Darling - MWPP
10. Liam Duggan - The Stid
11. Harry Edwards - squashface
12. Luke Edwards - flaming EMBERS
13. Luke Foley
14. Andrew Gaff - RookiePick
15. Shannon Hurn - WCE_phil
16. Mark Hutchings (R)
17. Callum Jamieson
18. Ben Johnson
19. Jamaine Jones (R) - Jamaine Jones
20. Tim Kelly - Sandyjihna
21. Josh Kennedy - flyinghigh64
22. Zac Langdon - KERRPOW
23. Jeremy McGovern - WCEswift
24. Nic Naitanui - AxialMat
25. Jackson Nelson - BeornJ
26. Xavier O’Neill - Monocle
27. Jack Petruccelle - Falco
28. Jack Redden - WCErevival
29. Willie Rioli matt_bas
30. Josh Rotham - Breva_
31. Liam Ryan - Dylan82
32. Dom Sheed - Reminiscence
33. Brad Sheppard - Doughboy
34. Luke Shuey - bzparkes
35. Zane Trew (R) - THE A5
36. Nathan Vardy - CM9000
37. Daniel Venables (R)
38. Jake Waterman - KBLT
39. Bailey Williams - AsterixTheGaul
40. Isiah Winder - El_ahrairah
41. Alex Witherden - Barrybran
42. Elliot Yeo - Wedgetailed Westerner

Last edited:
Rules

1. The draft officially kicks off at 12.00 noon Today (December 15)
  2. Participants are given 24 hours to choose a player from the moment the person before them picks otherwise it rolls over to the next person.
  3. People who have missed their chance can still come back at any time and take their pick at any time provided there are still players available
  4. Be courteous, once you have taken your pick message the person after you and let them know it's their pick
  5. You can only choose a player from what's available, if you miss out on the player you wanted then make the most of whats left and throw your efforts into being the best damn sponsor for the person you can pick.
  6. Once you have selected your player you can't change your mind and pick someone else so please choose wisely
  7. As always there will be standby's, if it gets to the end of the draft and there are players still available due to missed pick at which point they will go live until all players are picked
  8. Once you have selected your player feel free to head over to the nest and start posting in your players thread which should already be there. PM me if it isn't and I will create one for you
  9. There are 42 Eagles players with one or more players potentially to be added to the squad through the Super Special Supplementary Draft or as a Cat B rookie. A sponsor will have to be found if and when any such players are recruited
  10. Willie Rioli remains on our list and as such can still be selected
  11. If you don't think you can make your pick when it's your turn, PM me with a preference list of who you would like. That way we can make a selection for you and keep the draft rolling.

Finally, don’t * about when it’s your turn. Be mindful that other posters would like to get to their pick so please do all you can to keep the draft moving - a quick draft is a good draft

Good luck

Dylan82 as of midday today you are on the clock for the first selection in this years draft. You can kick things off before then if you wish but your 24 hour window won’t commence until midday

Finally, don’t fu** about when it’s your turn. Be mindful that other posters would like to get to their pick so please do all you can to keep the draft moving - a quick draft is a good draft
Dark Sharks

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the back of a high pick last year this random number generator has me feeling like an expansion club.

So my track record hasn't been the best with player sponsorship - the last two seasons have seen Ah Chee and Venables delisted, managing just a single game between them under my guidance. Indeed the highlight has been the mulligan of amateur league top-up, Moai-lookalike and school teacher Nic Reid getting a debut.

Unfortunately, on the field Reid showed that he had more in common with the statues of Rapa Nui than just his physical appearance - and was also delisted at the end of the season.

So with the full squad of options in front of me, I felt hesitation in who I should select.

And then it became clear, the answer was already right in front of me...

Ryan-Reid.png
(Plus pick 1 for jumper no.1 just seems right).

Pick 1. Liam Ryan
LiamRyanWSU.jpg

Not that one - this one.

Flyin' Ryan with his amazing highlights reel - however that alone sells him short as a player.

Let's get some perspective here of the talent we are dealing with:
  • second youngest member of the 2020 All-Australian Team (only H.Andrews is younger)
  • with the exception of E.Hipwood (who plays as a key full forward) nobody younger has scored more than Ryan's tally of 76 goals over the past three seasons
  • top ten in the competition for average score involvements per game in 2020. The next highest Eagle for that statistic was Darling who came in 50th. Among those who managed at least 10 matches that season, just four players who have played less than 100 matches overall ranked inside the top 30 for score involvements per game: Ryan, H.McCluggage, S.Bolton and Z.Butters.
All from someone who has played just 55 games - if anything screams impending breakout this is it.

Plus he flattened Maynard in the Grand Final.

A natural footballer with a prodigious amount of ability. The combination that he currently provides of being a marking presence up forward and creative facilitator higher up the ground is an absolute nightmare of a match-up for opponents.

His three seasons to date have been a wildly successful work in progress:
  1. positional awareness and backing his own ability to take the game on
  2. defensive pressure, accountability and impact as a forward at ground level
  3. link-up play and creative vision / execution to set up team-mates
  4. ???...
In his last month of football we saw a glimpse of the next gear as he doubled both his contested and effective possessions per game whilst maintaining the level of impact up forward.

His development to date has been nothing short of spectacular. As I have mentioned previously elsewhere some of the things he has done recently have given me thought to Andrew McLeod during his early years as a forward before moving into the midfield. The connection that he appears to be forging with Kelly in particularly looks very promising.

2021 will be the year that Ryan is no longer seen as "that player who takes hangers". Instead by its conclusion he will be seen as one of the top players in the competition - who also is capable of taking high flying marks.

And I'll be cheering him all the way as his sponsor.

RyanBEAr15-landscape.jpg

Credits to 12Chill for the highlight video and Jiggyman for the gifs.

Barrybran you're up.

Last edited:
On the back of a high pick last year this random number generator has me feeling like an expansion club.

So my track record hasn't been the best with player sponsorship - the last two seasons have seen Ah Chee and Venables delisted, managing just a single game between them under my guidance. Indeed the highlight has been the mulligan of amateur league top-up, Moai-lookalike and school teacher Nic Reid getting a debut.

Unfortunately, on the field Reid showed that he had more in common with the statues of Rapa Nui than just his physical appearance - and was also delisted at the end of the season.

So with the full squad of options in front of me, I felt hesitation in who I should select.

And then it became clear, the answer was already right in front of me...

View attachment 1028671
(Plus pick 1 for jumper no.1 just seems right).

Pick 1. Liam Ryan
View attachment 1028722

Not that one - this one.

Flyin' Ryan with his amazing highlights reel - however that alone sells him short as a player.

Let's get some perspective here of the talent we are dealing with:
  • second youngest member of the 2020 All-Australian Team (only H.Andrews is younger)
  • with the exception of E.Hipwood (who plays as a key full forward) nobody younger has scored more than Ryan's tally of 75 goals over the past three seasons
  • top ten in the competition for average score involvements per game in 2020. The next highest Eagle for that statistic was Darling who came in 50th. Among those who managed at least 10 matches that season, just four players who have played less than 100 matches overall ranked inside the top 30 for score involvements per game: Ryan, H.McCluggage, S.Bolton and Z.Butters.
All from someone who has played just 55 games - if anything screams impending breakout this is it.

Plus he flattened Maynard in the Grand Final.

A natural footballer with a prodigious amount of ability. The combination that he currently provides of being a marking presence up forward and creative facilitator higher up the ground is an absolute nightmare of a match-up for opponents.

His three seasons to date have been a wildly successful work in progress:
  1. positional awareness and backing his own ability to take the game on
  2. defensive pressure, accountability and impact as a forward at ground level
  3. link-up play and creative vision / execution to set up team-mates
  4. ???...
In his last month of football we saw a glimpse of the next gear as he doubled both his contested and effective possessions per game whilst maintaining the level of impact up forward.

His development to date has been nothing short of spectacular. As I have mentioned previously elsewhere some of the things he has done recently have given me thought to Andrew McLeod during his early years as a forward before moving into the midfield. The connection that he appears to be forging with Kelly in particularly looks very promising.

2021 will be the year that Ryan is no longer seen as "that player who takes hangers". Instead by its conclusion he will be seen as one of the top players in the competition - who also is capable of taking high flying marks.

And I'll be cheering him all the way as his sponsor.

View attachment 1028719

Credits to 12Chill for the highlight video and Jiggyman for the gifs.

Barrybran you're up.

Liam Ryan? You monster!

Looks like the random number generator hates you all seeing as I've landed at #2 but I'm going to do Alex Witherden and in turn, all of you, proud.

Some say the next selector has been Brayden Ainsworth's personal trainer and kicking coach the past couple of seasons. All we know is he's.... The Stid.

With the Third pick in the 2021 player sponsor draft I pick our new midfield bull and future Premiership captain, Liam Duggan. E254401C-E8D9-4196-BD41-8A9458564291.jpeg
Duggo is coming off his best season for the club under my sponsorship so
it’s only fitting that I continue to oversee his transition into the midfield.
F0D5FC89-FF97-48D4-9659-5F3EA311A5AE.jpeg

Oppo mids will be sh**ting themselves at thought of Duggo joining Yeo in the midfield this year, especially Natalie.
Our very own Fulton Reed & Dean Portman - The Bash Brothers C7A09364-82C3-4C16-AB46-FDA518535334.gif BE10F583-4D23-48AB-A006-4CEADD04ACC0.jpeg
9BABA79C-BBB6-4471-82FC-10FD255266E5.jpeg

Oh, and did I mention that he’s really really ridiculously good looking?
63CA4905-E01E-4A81-8F6E-70E70AF6EB13.jpeg

Enjoy some of Duggos finest moments of the 2020 season

Sorrynot sorry El_ahrairah

and Barrybran if I was Braydens personal trainer he would look like this 2015A6A0-EF6B-46AB-A0E8-F6DEE31E26CD.jpeg

You’re up BeornJ

I choose the Gorgeous Jackson Nelson.
nelson smile.jpg

Don't let that boyish smile fool you, this guy is a stone cold killer.

Check out some of his highlights.... here he is weaving through traffic, fending off two players, then hitting a player lace out...

Here he is destroying the ball in air, then laughing in the face of his opponent

And finally here he is storming down the wing, his glorious hair blowing in the breeze...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back