Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This may come off as mud slinging, but could be something to do with bulldogs culture too. They've had multiple indigenous players consider them as a destination recently, only for them to not go there. He's the lone indigenous kid on that list. Beveridge plays favourites, is quite bipolar with his team management.

There's a number of reasons he might be upset.

Or it might be complete BS and come completely from Fevola saying he thinks the dogs should have taken him to Perth when in fact we couldn’t because we could only take essential staff and players.

Or maybe he hasn’t played because he turned up pre season with an awful fitness base, off not playing ANY footy last year and has missed half the VFL games through injury and concussion and NOW hasn’t played for four weeks.

You are right in saying Bevo is bipolar in selection at times but he backs players most times in before he scrubs them, Schache being a perfect example as nearly every dog fan knows he is a scared bust but Bevo again tried him against he tigers and he again pooped himself.

IF JUH had a fitness base he would already be in the team, but watch him at VFL level, he isn’t even close yet.

The biggest issue he has is Mia Fevola and when she trades him in for the next AFL player.

Excuse the intrusion

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Or it might be complete BS and come completely from Fevola saying he thinks the dogs should have taken him to Perth when in fact we couldn’t because we could only take essential staff and players.

Or maybe he hasn’t played because he turned up pre season with an awful fitness base, off not playing ANY footy last year and has missed half the VFL games through injury and concussion and NOW hasn’t played for four weeks.

You are right in saying Bevo is bipolar in selection at times but he backs players most times in before he scrubs them, Schache being a perfect example as nearly every dog fan knows he is a scared bust but Bevo again tried him against he tigers and he again pooped himself.

IF JUH had a fitness base he would already be in the team, but watch him at VFL level, he isn’t even close yet.

The biggest issue he has is Mia Fevola and when she trades him in for the next AFL player.

Excuse the intrusion

Can you just give us Lipinski and be on your way. Thaaaaks.

Excuse the intrusion

I agree that Mia Fevola could be a genuine issue. Daniel Rioli hasn't been the same player since they were together.

The Kendall Jenner of the AFL.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I agree that Mia Fevola could be a genuine issue. Daniel Rioli hasn't been the same player since they were together.

The Kendall Jenner of the AFL.
Personally think that it is complete BS and the sort of rubbish that girl cops on social media is an absolute disgrace.

Daniel Rioli was never a superstar and his struggles sit squarely on his shoulders.

Personally think that it is complete BS and the sort of rubbish that girl cops on social media is an absolute disgrace.

Daniel Rioli was never a superstar and his struggles sit squarely on his shoulders.

Not very fair to say it's squarely his fault if his form is poor, and it's due to suffering from poor mental health.

Also I'm not advocating people going out of their way to talk s**t to this girl on social media, but I also have very little sympathy when it happens. Cry me a river that a girl going out of her way for limelight and attention is getting some of it negatively - that's been a part of celebrity for time immemorial.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not very fair to say it's squarely his fault if his form is poor, and it's due to suffering from poor mental health.

Also I'm not advocating people going out of their way to talk sh*t to this girl on social media, but I also have very little sympathy when it happens. Cry me a river that a girl going out of her way for limelight and attention is getting some of it negatively - that's been a part of celebrity for time immemorial.
Stinker of a post

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Also I'm not advocating people going out of their way to talk sh*t to this girl on social media, but I also have very little sympathy when it happens. Cry me a river that a girl going out of her way for limelight and attention is getting some of it negatively - that's been a part of celebrity for time immemorial.
Absolute Shocking Post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has recovered from the ACL was about to play his first game back in the VFL against Casey but lockdown happened
Seemed to fall out of favour last year, and then managed to squeeze back in to the side, albeit seemingly a different role.

Now with the acquisition of Treloar and progression of a few others, you'd think it would be even harder for him to crack into the side.

We were keen last year pre-ACL. Wonder if there is still interest. Can't imagine the trade cost would be much at all

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Seemed to fall out of favour last year, and then managed to squeeze back in to the side, albeit seemingly a different role.

Now with the acquisition of Treloar and progression of a few others, you'd think it would be even harder for him to crack into the side.

We were keen last year pre-ACL. Wonder if there is still interest. Can't imagine the trade cost would be much at all
If you guy’s were still interested I agree the cost wouldn’t be much

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Nah he will slide back into the ones pretty easily I think.

Our bottom 6 are not great and he is extremely popular around the club I’d be very surprised if we let him go.

I’d imagine Lipinksi and Richards would be the ones we would let go although I’d keep Richards myself.

Excuse the ignorance as I haven’t watched the Hawks much this year but if your midfield is the issue how does letting OMeara and or Mitchell help?

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Our bottom 6 are not great and he is extremely popular around the club I’d be very surprised if we let him go.

I’d imagine Lipinksi and Richards would be the ones we would let go although I’d keep Richards myself.

Excuse the ignorance as I haven’t watched the Hawks much this year but if your midfield is the issue how does letting OMeara and or Mitchell help?
Our issue in the middle is that our four main movers (Worpel, JOM, Titch, & Shiels) are all incredibly similar and often clash with eachother in that space. It's unlikely that we'll be contending in the next two years which theoretically includes the prime of both of their careers, given they both have some trade value (and the rest of our list doesn't) we have to consider moving them on if it can help our rebuild.

I am curious: I've been a fan of Lipinski from what I've seen of him, but from what you and the other Doggies posters here have eluded to it seems that ya'll wouldn't miss him too much- what's the knock on him?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Our issue in the middle is that our four main movers (Worpel, JOM, Titch, & Shiels) are all incredibly similar and often clash with eachother in that space. It's unlikely that we'll be contending in the next two years which theoretically includes the prime of both of their careers, given they both have some trade value (and the rest of our list doesn't) we have to consider moving them on if it can help our rebuild.

I am curious: I've been a fan of Lipinski from what I've seen of him, but from what you and the other Doggies posters here have eluded to it seems that ya'll wouldn't miss him too much- what's the knock on him?

Lipi is a nice footballer with good skills but is far too soft to play inside and far too slow to play outside.

The kid can find the footy all day but when it’s his time to go he is found wanting and don’t expect ANY defensive pressure from him.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lipi is a nice footballer with good skills but is far too soft to play inside and far too slow to play outside.

The kid can find the footy all day but when it’s his time to go he is found wanting and don’t expect ANY defensive pressure from him.
Much appreciated. If he does find his way onto our list I'm hoping that's something that can be improved somehow.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
I've really liked what I've seen from Brad Close this season. Lightning quick hands, good decision maker, great pressure. Geelong can offer a spot in the 22 for a side that will contend in the near future but surely their cap is tight. Definitely a 'wishlist' player for me along with Clark. Not as keen on Narkle as others but he's obviously worth of a list spot.

This is what I keep asking myself

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons

We've got too many players whose primary strength is winning a ball at the bottom of a pack and not enough players who can put themselves in good positions to receive that next handball and then execute to get the ball to a team mate away from the stoppage. Or outside runners who can get distance on their opponents and kick well. It's as much a problem of mix as it is talent.

So if we lost Mitchell but brought in a lesser player that suits our list needs better, we'll still have O'Meara and Worpel as clearance players diving into packs and probably function better as a unit.

The suggestion is that they're too similar.

The other suggestion is trade them out for assets to hit the draft, which you could do for Mitchell for example (get a first rounder plus), then bring in McLean for far less.....and he's 3 years younger

I'd also say that the midfield has had its struggles, but we'd be much better with a competent forward line.

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
I've really liked what I've seen from Brad Close this season. Lightning quick hands, good decision maker, great pressure. Geelong can offer a spot in the 22 for a side that will contend in the near future but surely their cap is tight. Definitely a 'wishlist' player for me along with Clark. Not as keen on Narkle as others but he's obviously worth of a list spot.
Spot on regards Close. He could be a very special player if he's nurtured correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back