Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
We've got too many players whose primary strength is winning a ball at the bottom of a pack and not enough players who can put themselves in good positions to receive that next handball and then execute to get the ball to a team mate away from the stoppage. Or outside runners who can get distance on their opponents and kick well. It's as much a problem of mix as it is talent.

So if we lost Mitchell but brought in a lesser player that suits our list needs better, we'll still have O'Meara and Worpel as clearance players diving into packs and probably function better as a unit.

Cousins gets to good areas but his kicking then destroys it. We definitely need class in a midfield of good, honest hard workers.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Cousins gets to good areas but his kicking then destroys it. We definitely need class in a midfield of good, honest hard workers.
Kicking efficiency was 75% last year and I actually thought he looked very promising. It's plummeted to 55% this year and it hasn't been easy to watch, especially the last 2 games. The more I've seen of Cousins this year, the more I've seen his ceiling as depth in a good team, unfortunately.

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We're pretty stacked in the HBF stocks but I really like Ed Richards as a player. I think he could become a high energy, half forward who pushes up to the wing. He has pace and we need and injection of that. I'd be willing to give up a third or future third for him.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Appreciate the ability to have a decent conversation with opposition fans and not be abused for an opinion like you can be in some forums.. cough cough bummers.

Cheers. Nothing but respect for your mob.

I think there is a general respect between our two clubs. You took the torch from us in the 2016 semi final in a convincing manner. We are forever grateful for Brian Lake. You guys beat Sydney in a grand final which we all appreciate.

Enjoy life at the top of the table.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Serious hypothetical… what would Mitchell Lewis be worth on the market?

could see north needing a player like him to pay overs

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Serious hypothetical… what would Mitchell Lewis be worth on the market?

could see north needing a player like him to pay overs

If Callow comes on then it could be worth exploring. Personally would rather move on TOB and keep Kosi, Lewis, Jeka and Callow together for a year fighting it out for essentially 2 spots in the starting line up.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
What about Charlie Constable from Geelong. Killing it in the VFL and is a BIG midfielder at 192 cm. Unsigned for 2022. Anyone else think he is worth a look?

Eldo, presented a challenge.....so......

Hawks enter trade week with Picks 2, 21, 22, 56, 66, 75(currently)

Hawthorn trade Tom Mitchell(paying 350k of his salary) and Pick 22 to Richmond for Pick 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones.

Hawthorn now hold Picks 2, 15, 21, 26, 56, 66, 75

Hawthorn trade Jon Ceglar and 56 to Brisbane for Pick 49 and 53.

Hawthorn now holds Picks 2, 21, 26, 49, 53, 66, 76

Hawthorn trade Mitchell Lewis and Pick 26 to the Suns for Pick 19.

Hawthorn now holds Picks 2, 15, 19, 21, 49, 53, 66, 76

Hawthorn trade picks 19, 21 and 53(pick 4 equiv) to Bulldogs for Pick 17, Toby McLean and future 2nd(allowing them to match a bid on Darcy as early as pick 4).

Hawthorn now holds Picks 2, 15, 17, 49, 66, 76

Hawthorn trade Picks 17, 49 and future 3rd to Port for 14 and Kane Farrell.

Hawthorn land Callum-Coleman Jones Kane Farrell, walk Narkle through to the PSD and take Picks 2, 14, 15, 66 76 and Dogs future 2nd to the draft.

CCJ
Farrell
Narkle
McLean
Callaghan(2)
Rachelle(14)
McDonald(15)

Would be a fair off-season eh, eldorado. Now where's my prize?

Hawthorn trade Tom Mitchell(paying 350k of his salary) and Pick 22 to Richmond for Pick 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones.

Hawthorn trade picks 19, 21 and 53(pick 4 equiv) to Bulldogs for Pick 17, Toby McLean and future 2nd(allowing them to match a bid on Darcy at pick 6).

Hawthorn land Callum-Coleman Jones Kane Farrell, walk Narkle through to the PSD and take Picks 2, 14, 15, 66 76 and Dogs future 2nd to the draft.

CCJ
Farrell
Narkle
McLean
Callaghan(2)
Rachelle(14)
McDonald(15)

tl;dr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd want to do a lot better than that to trade Mitchell and pay $350K of his salary.
CCJ’s star is on the rise. Clubs will be lining up for him at seasons end.

Remember, folks, mods can't read every post, so if you have a good scenario, ensure you tag me into the post so I can check it out...

Look at the likes...he's loving the idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, folks, mods can't read every post, so if you have a good scenario, ensure you tag me into the post so I can check it out...
Eldorado is a smelly man

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Hawthorn trade picks 19, 21 and 53(pick 4 equiv) to Bulldogs for Pick 17, Toby McLean and future 2nd(allowing them to match a bid on Darcy as early as pick 4).

CCJ
Farrell
Narkle
McLean
Callaghan(2)
Rachelle(14)
McDonald(15)

So Toby McLean for a downgrade to our first pick and pick 53 basically? And then we lose those picks to get Darcy who we will get anyway

Seems fair to me. Might as well chuck in B Smith while we at it mate

Deal

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
So Toby McLean for a downgrade to our first pick and pick 53 basically? And then we lose those picks to get Darcy who we will get anyway

Deal
To be fair, you're probably the only one that made it that far into his trade scenario ;)

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Deal
Say the second rounder is pick 32. It values McLean at pick 39. Given he is coming off an ACL and was being pushed out of position before the injury and was just playing ok. I’m not sure you could ask for much more.

Honestly pick 53 should just get it done.

Deal

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Say the second rounder is pick 32. It values McLean at pick 39. Given he is coming off an ACL and was being pushed out of position before the injury and was just playing ok. I’m not sure you could ask for much more.

Honestly pick 53 should just get it done.

Slightly incorrect mate

McLean was working his way back into form and has taken his spot back before injury. He was firmly best 22 when he did his knee.

He is extremely popular at the club and when he comes back he will play through the mid rotation.

I would think it would take a well overs offer for us to release him when we have players such as Lipinski, Wallis and Jong that should moved onto before him.

Time will tell but I’d think the players we have with some use to others that may move are Lipinksi, Richards.

You can have Schache for free. In fact I will drive him to Waverley myself and drop him off

brad sue well

Team Captain
Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They are the type of player we should chase if we are looking for ready made footballers that's for sure. Young and full of potential, filling immediate holes in our list.

Narkle, Pat Lipinski, Jarrod Brander, Jordan Clark, Adam Cerra, Sam Petrevski-Seaton are others mentioned in these threads also.

Time will tell which way the club approaches trade period though.

I just feel these two are out of the side as the team is strong rather than a glaring deficiency. I think Collier-Dawkins in particular has so much to offer as ruck rover perhaps, I think he will turn into something solid at worst. I can never read how much players are worth, it seems players are worth 2 first rounders (not these two) or a 4th round only, in a sense. Richards could be one of those funky defenders turned forward who can do all the hard stuff, even be a target to bring it to ground as a last resort. Look, I am sure McKenzie reads this stuff so we can get the welcomes going. ;)

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

CCJ
Farrell
Narkle
McLean
Callaghan(2)
Rachelle(14)
McDonald(15)

Too pragmatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back