Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know that a really good poster said we have some interest in Brodie and Fiorini, both of who I think are really just depth players and no better than a Cousins or Howe, but I really hope we have interest in Ben Ainsworth.

I think there is definitely levels to get out of that kid in the right environment.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Port Adelaide have been pretty open about wanting/needing another elite midfielder. In their flag window right now. IF Titch is happy to move to a contender to benefit both himself and us I do wonder exactly what they'd be willing to give up.

Somebody mentioned that they heard we'd kept an eye on Jarrod Lienert as a tall defender. Kane Farrells name pops up a lot due to his elite ball use (which we need). Port currently have a selection around 13. Pretending the ladder stayed the same, is Mitchell and a future or current 3rd (if we acquired one) for 13 and Farrell about as little as we'd like to accept for a trade involving our Brownlow medalist?

It would give us 2, 13, 21, 22 and Farrell. Port get Mitchell and possibly a pick around the late 30's/early 40's.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Port Adelaide have been pretty open about wanting/needing another elite midfielder. In their flag window right now. IF Titch is happy to move to a contender to benefit both himself and us I do wonder exactly what they'd be willing to give up.

Somebody mentioned that they heard we'd kept an eye on Jarrod Lienert as a tall defender. Kane Farrells name pops up a lot due to his elite ball use (which we need). Port currently have a selection around 13. Pretending the ladder stayed the same, is Mitchell and a future or current 3rd (if we acquired one) for 13 and Farrell about as little as we'd like to accept for a trade involving our Brownlow medalist?

It would give us 2, 13, 21, 22 and Farrell. Port get Mitchell and possibly a pick around the late 30's/early 40's.

Their 2020 first rounder
Their 2020 third rounder
Their 2021 first rounder

For Mitchell
Our 2021 second rounder

Their first rounders will be picks in the teens. Our second rounder will likely be a low 20's, excluding any Academy/etc players.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geez this guy can play.
Check out his stats for today. So composed with the footy and is just a footballers footballer.
B020656E-A3B5-4C9F-A0E8-88EB215E59EF.png

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maynard and Hardwick to play locks on the smalls, our quartet (Sicily, Day, CJ and Scrimshaw) provide run and intercepting. Makes full back an easy job.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maynard and Hardwick to play locks on the smalls, our quartet (Sicily, Day, CJ and Scrimshaw) provide run and intercepting. Makes full back an easy job.
Still got to fit in Impey, Frost, Hartigan and DGB. Better to focus on other areas, especially given he would cost a fair bit.

Maybe a Hartigan replacement in a couple of years but that’s about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Super duper random, but we'll be coming up against an in form midfielder this Sunday I'd be asking the question to if I was in charge of list management and recruitment.

Essendons midfield depth already looks strong with rumours of Adam Cerra and Josh Kelly circulating as fresh additions. 191cm Kyle Langford would offer our midfield something it doesn't possess, which is height and versatility. He's also been deployed as a centre half forward at times.

Wouldn't overpay, but I think he'd suit us as a needs-based acquisition.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Super duper random, but we'll be coming up against an in form midfielder this Sunday I'd be asking the question to if I was in charge of list management and recruitment.

Essendons midfield depth already looks strong with rumours of Adam Cerra and Josh Kelly circulating as fresh additions. 191cm Kyle Langford would offer our midfield something it doesn't possess, which is height and versatility. He's also been deployed as a centre half forward at times.

Genuinely, I view Langford on par with Howe. I don't think he's a bad player by any means, I just think his only real point of difference is a few cm which I think we'll address through draft as opposed to trade.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

He’s a forward. Dons have been crying out for a big body mid and have tried to turn Langford into one. He just can’t do it. Plays ok as a forward. But we have enough developing forwards that he wouldn’t be worth it.

He won’t make it as a midfielder. He’s extremely limited as one.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
What about Charlie Constable from Geelong. Killing it in the VFL and is a BIG midfielder at 192 cm. Unsigned for 2022. Anyone else think he is worth a look?

Depends who leaves at the end of the season. If we move on a few senior midfielders then I think we could do a lot worse than pick him up for a junk pick/PSD/DFA.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jamarra Ugle-Hagen...

rumours feed the BF Nation and any club getting this kid out of the Kennel would be considered opportunist and bold.
What does it cost?
For Hawthorn is it a future first and this year’s second?
We can afford the pick exchange if we nail our first and a second Rd pick.
What if there was a Hawks player traded for an improved draft hand?

Imagine the melts getting Ugle-Hagen and DGB out of the same draft!

If Clarko is the man moving forward then he would be looking back at the Buddy/Rough combo as inspiration to get a look at this kid via trade.
If there was a time to strike and pay slightly overs to get it done with the dogs it’s now if there is some substance to the rumours.

Jekka in the wings to play CHF/CHB, Kosi FF. Possibly Lewis as the second ruck to Reeves. Throw Callow in as a possible FB/FF option and the future looks pretty bright in the KPp department over the next few years.
I’ll leave a couple of the older boys out for shits and giggles..

Hardwick Frost Impey
Sicily DGB Day
CJ Worpel Morrison
Wingard Jekka Mitchell
Brockman Kosi Ugle-Hayden

Reeves Jager Scrimshaw

Moore Newcombe Phillips *
Howe/S.Mitchell/Bramble/Downie/Saunders/2021 draft pick

EMG Lewis Callow Maginness

Throw in a SPS or go all in for Josh Kelly and it gets even more interesting.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jamarra Ugle-Hagen...

rumours feed the BF Nation and any club getting this kid out of the Kennel would be considered opportunist and bold.
What does it cost?
For Hawthorn is it a future first and this year’s second?
We can afford the pick exchange if we nail our first and a second Rd pick.
What if there was a Hawks player traded for an improved draft hand?

Imagine the melts getting Ugle-Hagen and DGB out of the same draft!

If Clarko is the man moving forward then he would be looking back at the Buddy/Rough combo as inspiration to get a look at this kid via trade.
If there was a time to strike and pay slightly overs to get it done with the dogs it’s now if there is some substance to the rumours.

Jekka in the wings to play CHF/CHB, Kosi FF. Possibly Lewis as the second ruck to Reeves. Throw Callow in as a possible FB/FF option and the future looks pretty bright in the KPp department over the next few years.
I’ll leave a couple of the older boys out for shits and giggles..

Hardwick Frost Impey
Sicily DGB Day
CJ Worpel Morrison
Wingard Jekka Mitchell
Brockman Kosi Ugle-Hayden

Reeves Jager Scrimshaw

Moore Newcombe Phillips *
Howe/S.Mitchell/Bramble/Downie/Saunders/2021 draft pick

EMG Lewis Callow Maginness

Throw in a SPS or go all in for Josh Kelly and it gets even more interesting.
Why would the dogs ever entertain that trade ? A second rounder and a future first for the kid who was drafted at pick 1 under six months ago lol? Seriously ?

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why would the dogs ever entertain that trade ? A second rounder and a future first for the kid who was drafted at pick 1 under six months ago lol? Seriously ?
And you are here because....

If the kid wants out and there is an opportunity there then what’s wrong with a future first that is every chance of being a top 5 pick and a pick that is probably going to be 22 to get a start?

At the start of my post is “what is it worth”?

Why not come back with what you believe to be acceptable for a player that may want out of a club who is a top line talent.

I bet it’s not the pick 1.
The Dogs had a points investment to draft the player so if that is matched or better with picks that are close to the original value then what is the issue?

Your “lol and seriously” just smacks of being a flog with nothing to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back