Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jamarra Ugle-Hagen...

rumours feed the BF Nation and any club getting this kid out of the Kennel would be considered opportunist and bold.
What does it cost?
For Hawthorn is it a future first and this year’s second?
We can afford the pick exchange if we nail our first and a second Rd pick.
What if there was a Hawks player traded for an improved draft hand?

Imagine the melts getting Ugle-Hagen and DGB out of the same draft!

If Clarko is the man moving forward then he would be looking back at the Buddy/Rough combo as inspiration to get a look at this kid via trade.
If there was a time to strike and pay slightly overs to get it done with the dogs it’s now if there is some substance to the rumours.

Jekka in the wings to play CHF/CHB, Kosi FF. Possibly Lewis as the second ruck to Reeves. Throw Callow in as a possible FB/FF option and the future looks pretty bright in the KPp department over the next few years.
I’ll leave a couple of the older boys out for shits and giggles..

Hardwick Frost Impey
Sicily DGB Day
CJ Worpel Morrison
Wingard Jekka Mitchell
Brockman Kosi Ugle-Hayden

Reeves Jager Scrimshaw

Moore Newcombe Phillips *
Howe/S.Mitchell/Bramble/Downie/Saunders/2021 draft pick

EMG Lewis Callow Maginness

Throw in a SPS or go all in for Josh Kelly and it gets even more interesting.
Fev gets on radio , has a whinge on his behalf and all of sudden he wants out .

Even if he did , would we really want someone who has cracked it halfway through their first season and wants out ?

Aint happening and no thanks ....

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who is to say he wanted to go to the dogs in the first place. What is his go to prior to being the number one pick? He may have had his heart set on an interstate team or whatever but was tied to the dogs regardless.
It would be no different to a guy like Wingard in his draft saying he wants to stay in SA or someone wanting to move back to their home state 12-24 months after getting drafted.
The Dogs academy assisted in his development and I’m sure that there is gratitude for that but if you had your choice of workplace and could change your circumstances to better suit your needs you would.
I think it gets lost sometimes that playing football is a job and that the same workplace standards still apply.

We have FA chance to get him. I did t say Hawthorn would try. Simply asking for opinions. If another club can get it done or not is yet to be seen but there will be speculation until the end of the season regardless.

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Talking about JUH is a complete waste of time. Not going to happen.

Would pies be interested in Lewis? Probably would prefer eg CCJ but they need a key forward and he’d be better than what they have. Maynard and some pick swaps would be a interesting deal.

Dogs need some forward class - have to offer wingard to them.

Hope cegs has a few more good games to increase his trade value as would give us some currency to pick up a piece. I’d be having a swing at a kpd like jack Payne at lions (but recently signed up).

Suns are a rabble. What about Ben Ainsworth - was a no4 pick in 2016 but playing reserves as a medium term breust/wingard replacement? And also winger like sharp (also playing reserves)?

I think all players at gc are ready for the taking they are a basket case. Make some big offers
Player managers will be taking quite a few calls.

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Brodie will go for a future fourth, similar to Wright. Has underperformed but cheap midfield depth with a reasonable ceiling is certainly something we could use.
On this. Apparently he's on good coin. I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing players on fat contracts being traded along with further draft capital to incentivise a team into taking them on. As an example, we agree to take Hannebury and his remaining years along with a second rounder for a fourth rounder. Will happen eventually. Full nba style. Might be impeded by not being able to trade players against their will.

I bring it up because really they should send us something for the cap space given they would likely delist him if they could

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I feel sorry for the suns. After today’s performance they dont Look like they will ever challenge for a flag.

on second thoughts though...time to look at their list and find another 2-3 Jack Scrimshaw types to add to our list build
No amount of draft assistance will help them. I really don't get why AFL players don't like being there?! It's much better weather and you can enjoy some anonymity. Your coin in property goes much further too! Bizarre.

Fetnarr

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No amount of draft assistance will help them. I really don't get why AFL players don't like being there?! It's much better weather and you can enjoy some anonymity. Your coin in property goes much further too! Bizarre.

Crowds are shite, no atmosphere. Everyone who lives on the GC that loves footy has another team they support, most have adopted the Suns as their second team and want them to do well but really don’t give a toss how they go!

Compare that to playing in front of 50,000 at the G every second week, especially when you consider their career span and you can see why it might not be that enticing.

Make your coin in Melbourne then retire to the better weather and beaches afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And you are here because....

If the kid wants out and there is an opportunity there then what’s wrong with a future first that is every chance of being a top 5 pick and a pick that is probably going to be 22 to get a start?

At the start of my post is “what is it worth”?

Why not come back with what you believe to be acceptable for a player that may want out of a club who is a top line talent.

I bet it’s not the pick 1.
The Dogs had a points investment to draft the player so if that is matched or better with picks that are close to the original value then what is the issue?

Your “lol and seriously” just smacks of being a flog with nothing to contribute.

You have him marked immediately mate

I doubt very much any deal would get JUH from the dogs at the end of this year even if he asks for a trade. I’d imagine it’s a Dunkley case again and we just dig out heels in and say no.

BUT let’s imagine he does want out abs we do move him the Hawks are just not a team I see having what we need which is another ruck, KPB or quality small forward or at least two Top 5 picks to trade in to get that. He cost us a number one pick. We will want that and plenty of interest or we keep him.

I have some small info and Juh Isn’t happy with himself as much as anything not being able to sting games together, he has not asked to leave. It all started from Fev opening his yap and the media jumping on that. We actually have JUH firmly in our hands if you look at it because even if he plays hard ball and doesn’t resign he most likely ends up at the Suns for free end of next year and I doubt Mia will be happy with that.

the only team I see that have the assets we would entertain is Richmond with their picks and players like Bolton, Chol and Ashbury

PS if you watch JUH play he isn’t even close to a senior spot and I personally have some concerns he may not be what many expect long term. Smells of Jake Stringer attitude for mine. Thinks he deserves a spot and doesn’t work hard enough. Turned u too pre season so far behind everyone else.

Hope that is a decent answer you can take as it’s meant

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who is to say he wanted to go to the dogs in the first place. What is his go to prior to being the number one pick? He may have had his heart set on an interstate team or whatever but was tied to the dogs regardless.
It would be no different to a guy like Wingard in his draft saying he wants to stay in SA or someone wanting to move back to their home state 12-24 months after getting drafted.
The Dogs academy assisted in his development and I’m sure that there is gratitude for that but if you had your choice of workplace and could change your circumstances to better suit your needs you would.
I think it gets lost sometimes that playing football is a job and that the same workplace standards still apply.

We have FA chance to get him. I did t say Hawthorn would try. Simply asking for opinions. If another club can get it done or not is yet to be seen but there will be speculation until the end of the season regardless.

And there will be speculation by the Essendon media until he resigns as Juh is an Essendon fan apparently and that means we wants to play for them 🤷🏼‍♂️

Id let him go to the Suns for free in 2023 than tease him to that sh!t for ten 1st rounders.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And you are here because....

If the kid wants out and there is an opportunity there then what’s wrong with a future first that is every chance of being a top 5 pick and a pick that is probably going to be 22 to get a start?

At the start of my post is “what is it worth”?

Why not come back with what you believe to be acceptable for a player that may want out of a club who is a top line talent.

I bet it’s not the pick 1.
The Dogs had a points investment to draft the player so if that is matched or better with picks that are close to the original value then what is the issue?

Your “lol and seriously” just smacks of being a flog with nothing to contribute.
Jamarra is a supreme talent who unfortunately leading into this week had missed 6 weeks of footy due to concussion, bye round and a league wide Covid break. He will get his chance over the next few weeks and will be a 10 + year player for the dogs. Bruce is 30 next year and there will be a spot for him in the future. Absolutely absurd that we would ever entertain the idea of trading a Victorian kid to another Victorian club. Him and Naughton will be a ridiculous combination. And trading the Number one pick for a future first and a pick in the 20s is absolutely ridiculous.

Particularly when we already know how much untapped talent Jamarra has. He’s already the most talented player on our list. Why would we give that up just because he’s currently not getting a game in a side that’s sitting 2nd on the ladder?

I feel sorry for the suns. After today’s performance they dont Look like they will ever challenge for a flag.

on second thoughts though...time to look at their list and find another 2-3 Jack Scrimshaw types to add to our list build
Fiorini, Sharp, Brodie, Flanders, Ainsworth and a couple of others all worth having a chat to.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep need to look at Gold Coast to raid them for some depth. Good clubs too where blokes aren't getting games like WB and Geelong. You see the emergencies and blokes not getting games for those clubs and marvel at their depth. Reminds me of us in 13 and 14 when genuinely good players couldn't get a look in. That's what you need.

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Fiorini, Sharp, Brodie, Flanders, Ainsworth and a couple of others all worth having a chat to.
Yep. But assume gcs want players back rather than more picks? (Although may not have a choice - but think most guys are contracted).
Carlton and pies are a mess -do wonder who we could poach from Carlton - have had a lot of picks who’ve done not much. Eg Lochie O’Brien or stocker

Why would the dogs ever entertain that trade ? A second rounder and a future first for the kid who was drafted at pick 1 under six months ago lol? Seriously ?
He's probably frantic, wondering how the hell he is ever going to learn to handball where he is. It would be a real concern for anyone with integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back