Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I'd be totally on board for taking on SPS. He's not actually that fast like some are suggesting but he's got better than average vision, can take or dish out a tackle, better than average overhead mark. I don't see him succeeding as a wing or defender. In my mind he has to go through inside mid and half forward. I like him there more than a guy like Narkle because of his defensive game.

Unfortunately for us, Carlton are playing him through those positions now so I expect him to start clicking. He also doesn't have a contract for next year so Carlton won't be eager to get money off the books.

Ok its only a highlights package but he at the very least he has time with ball in hand and has great foot skills. I don't know what the deal is with him at the Blues but I remember seeing him live at the G vs the Tigers years ago and he was playing mid. He's got something.

Ok its only a highlights package but he at the very least he has time with ball in hand and has great foot skills. I don't know what the deal is with him at the Blues but I remember seeing him live at the G vs the Tigers years ago and he was playing mid. He's got something.

As an outside observer, his performances fell away the second Teague squeezed him out of the middle in favour of more time for Murphy and curnow.

SPS isn't going to suddenly become a star, but he does offer some clean touch and classiness that we lack.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say a top side with a juicy draft hand wanted Wingard from us. Even if it was just a late first rounder with some later or future picks involved.

Let's say we sent Chad to the Dogs for pick 17 (again, not formally proposing, just showing an example of a scenario).
Then a later pick to Carlton for SPS (in return for our generous trade of Pittonet).

We lose Chad Wingard.
Gain SPS who could fill that position and pick 17

Draft haul: 2, 17, 21, 23 plus SPS who is only 23 years old. May be some immediate pain letting Wingard go, but we take a calculated risk on a young, former high draft pick and take a very strong hand into a deep draft pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t improve our side one bit…pass

i beg to differ.
If he plays mid/forward (50/50) and is getting taps from Reeves out of the middle it’s a game changer and brings guys like Kosi, Jekka and Callow right back into contention as lead up players.
Jags and Mitchell have another offload option.
Cousins, Shiels, Breust etc either don’t play or (Breust) can stay deep forward.
He also provides flexibility to release guys like Impey and Hardwick to be more offensive and give the side different looks during the game.
For the right price he is a must have IMO and worth any risk as there isn’t really an issue to make a sideways trade to change up the dynamics of the side.

i beg to differ.
If he plays mid/forward (50/50) and is getting taps from Reeves out of the middle it’s a game changer and brings guys like Kosi, Jekka and Callow right back into contention as lead up players.
Jags and Mitchell have another offload option.
Cousins, Shiels, Breust etc either don’t play or (Breust) can stay deep forward.
He also provides flexibility to release guys like Impey and Hardwick to be more offensive and give the side different looks during the game.
For the right price he is a must have IMO and worth any risk as there isn’t really an issue to make a sideways trade to change up the dynamics of the side.

Agreed.

What we don't have is that mid who can turn on a dime and hit a short kick to a lead up player, whether that be 40 metres from goal or 60 metres. For example, Dylan Moore would thrive if we had a mid who could pull the trigger on that short lead up kick from a centre clearance. Titch, JOM and Worps are generally bomb long and hope midfielders when we win possession from the guts.

Mitchell, Ceglar, pick 22 to Carlton for pick 4 (have a feeling that's where they'll finish) and a later pick.

Keeping those two on our books will dramatically increase their trade value. We need to hit the minimum cal for it isn't a bad idea.
Carlton dramatically overrate their list, and will feel this trade will push them into contendership

I would be looking at some of the Suns depth players who still have upside and can fill a position of need and won’t cost much trade wise.

Fiorini (inside/outside midfielder)
Ainsworth (small forward)
Sharp (outside midfielder)

I would be looking at some of the Suns depth players who still have upside and can fill a position of need and won’t cost much trade wise.

Fiorini (inside/outside midfielder)
Ainsworth (small forward)
Sharp (outside midfielder)
Great post - well thought out , and players that can instantly improve our side.

Pick 3 for Package??? Surely not again.

"Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have prioritised a key forward to partner Ben King in this year’s trade period and would be willing to offload their prized draft asset to bring the right player in. "

I'll take pick 3 for TO'B (sorry TO'B! :( )

"Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have prioritised a key forward to partner Ben King in this year’s trade period and would be willing to offload their prized draft asset to bring the right player in. "

I'll take pick 3 for TO'B (sorry TO'B! :( )

look, if we are going to be serious and they want "experienced" talent, offer gunston.
Yes I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back