Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

If Oliver was being drafted this year he wouldn't be on any radar, bolted from nowhere.
He was being spoken about at this time of the year though. He wasn’t a complete Smokey.

It reminds me on how they made it hard for Tim Kelly to be traded.

Not Hawthorn related but this could be funnier :

The Cats have the oldest list in the competition but are looking to keep the squad together to have another genuine crack at a premiership next season.

News Corp can reveal first-choice ruckman Rhys Stanley has signed a two-year contract extension and speedy goalkicker Gary Rohan has agreed to a one-year deal to play on.

Korio Flavour extra strong Kool-aid!

His pinch hitting would do more than Big Boy is likely to in 2022. No club is going to swap a first rounder for a 32-33 year old ruckman who is on his last legs.
Never said they would. I'm just questioning the choice of Casboult.

Dogs are in the window now and in need of a no. 1 ruck. Casboult and English are not cut out for it.

Left field idea: We swap pick 5 with GWS for pick 2 and offer to pay 50%+ of Cogs salary while he's at GWS. There may not be a salary cap at GWS, but if their hypothetically was what would something like this be worth to a team like GWS?

Our cap space is a commodity very few clubs have this year. I desperstely hope we can use this to our advantage somehow!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, FWIW the most recent news on Wicks was that him re-signing was a formality. Who knows in modern footy though? Certainly not counting my eggs before they hatch.

Interesting, cheers for that. I didn't pay much attention to him this year, but did rate him a few seasons ago. Would be a certainty to be offered a contract if the move didn't come to pass, right?

what’s keeping the wicks stuff alive, other than the fact he hasn’t signed obviously, is that the news on him was a precursor to a number of signings the swans announced at once. He wasn’t one of them when many believed it was a formality.

also of note- dylan Stephens had articles written about how he would be squeezed out, yet he ended up being one of those re-signings.

so yes… things can change very quickly. Anyone not signed before trade period obviously has questions marks, though the questions change player to player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left field idea: We swap pick 5 with GWS for pick 2 and offer to pay 50%+ of Cogs salary while he's at GWS. There may not be a salary cap at GWS, but if their hypothetically was what would something like this be worth to a team like GWS?

Our cap space is a commodity very few clubs have this year. I desperstely hope we can use this to our advantage somehow!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
Pretty sure you can't trade/sell player payments with the player not making up pay of the trade.

I'm curious if the manner in which Melbourne dominated teams in the finals will open up trade period.

Port, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs and Richmond(Tarrant) seemingly see themselves as in the window, contending. After watching the Dees, they would have to be thinking what can we do to bridge the gap.

Do Brisbane enquire about Big Boy or Gunston? Maybe the Dogs enquire about Ceglar?

Perhaps Port or Richmond ask about Mitchell or O'Meara. Maybe even Wingard for the Tigers.

Dees were blessed by a lack of injuries this year, and that may not last, but right now if you are in the window you must be thinking that we need something more.

Come on this is a piss take right?

I was responding to a post that suggested the Bulldogs should piss away a first round pick on a ruckman who is absolutey on his last legs. Casboult was a stupid option I’ll admit - but honestly if I was a Bulldogs supporter and the list management folk gave away a first round pick on a ruckman who is turning 33 and isn’t even the first choice ruck at his club any more I’d be incensed.

When we got Lake it cost us pick 43 and a 6 pick upgrade for the Bulldogs in the second round. Lake played for 3 years and was still one of the dominant players in his position. Same can not be said for McEvoy, as good as he was.

Herald Sun news regarding Jordan Clark's trade to Freo.

Currently Freo holds picks 8, 27 and 81.

------
Talks are ongoing with the Dockers, with Geelong adamant that Clark’s trade value is worth somewhere in between picks 8 and 27.

The Dockers have scope to shuffle choices, with pick 6 also in the mix from the Blues.

Brisbane has picks 14 and 18, could potentially get involved in a swap with Fremantle, while Hawthorn (picks 5, 21 and 24) and Richmond (7, 15 and 26) also have scope to negotiate.

I quite like Clark and have suggested Hawthorn trade for him.

But if Geelong are going to insist that a decent second round pick isn't nearly enough for a bloke who was kicked out of the backline, just to stagnate outside their best 22 for two seasons, it was never worth thinking about.

I quite like Clark and have suggested Hawthorn trade for him.

But if Geelong are going to insist that a decent second round pick isn't nearly enough for a bloke who was kicked out of the backline, just to stagnate outside their best 22 for two seasons, it was never worth thinking about.
I thought Freo’s pick 27 could easily make it work. But knowing Geelong, they will play hardball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back