Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

That doesn't make sense.
We need to consider losing JOM who was one of our best this year.
But he is not worth much.

So why would we consider losing him them?

Read my post again - I said DEPENDING on what currency we got back. I was then being realistic about Jaeger's value to other clubs. I was replying to a post that was discussing the merits of our club trading experienced players in the 25-30 year old bracket.

If any side was to offer us a first rounder for either one of them then I would happily take it. My post was suggesting that I don't see it happening for Jaeger however. Let's be realistic - of course our better players are valuable to us - but to another side they would look at Jaeger's relative age and injury history and most likely wouldn't be offering a first rounder for him.

I was responding to a post that suggested the Bulldogs should piss away a first round pick on a ruckman who is absolutey on his last legs. Casboult was a stupid option I’ll admit - but honestly if I was a Bulldogs supporter and the list management folk gave away a first round pick on a ruckman who is turning 33 and isn’t even the first choice ruck at his club any more I’d be incensed.

When we got Lake it cost us pick 43 and a 6 pick upgrade for the Bulldogs in the second round. Lake played for 3 years and was still one of the dominant players in his position. Same can not be said for McEvoy, as good as he was.
Looks like Casboult will be playing with Park Orchards next year if he doesn't get picked up.

View attachment 1247211
RoughandLove is on fire with the early mail

Surprising considering we already have Hardwick, Impey, Sicily, Day, Jiath, Scrimshaw and Morris that could play that role. You could even argue DGB and Frost can do it.

Greaves replacement?

Surprising considering we already have Hardwick, Impey, Sicily, Day, Jiath, Scrimshaw and Morris that could play that role. You could even argue DGB and Frost can do it.

Greaves replacement?
Surely Box Hill can do their own recruiting

Could we have a gentlemen's agreement where GWS trade Coniglio to us for our Pick 5, then we trade him back immediately for their pick 2 and pay half his salary :think:
For the the AFL the Tax Office would immediately be investigating this for fraud. You can trade a player and then trade back for him thats nuts

At this point I'd probably be content with snagging Lynch and Brander, trading TOB for whatever we can get, then taking 3 picks inside the top 25 into draft night.

Gunston and Sicily will be like new recruits next season anyway. Could almost say the same for Will Day.

At this point I'd probably be content with snagging Lynch and Brander, trading TOB for whatever we can get, then taking 3 picks inside the top 25 into draft night.

Gunston and Sicily will be like new recruits next season anyway. Could almost say the same for Will Day.

Content with that absolutely. I'd love that 4th pick inside 25 though.

TOB is a free agent we can hope for a start of third round pick 43*

Wouldnt be a trade period if we didnt punt a future 4th rounder for someone!

But totally agree, i'd be happy with that. Youd think if we brang in Lynch, Cegs would have left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TOB is a free agent we can hope for a start of third round pick 43*

I would be happy with that. I can't see anyone offering more than that in a trade, if he wants to leave and we got that I wouldn't be upset.

I would be happy with that. I can't see anyone offering more than that in a trade, if he wants to leave and we got that I wouldn't be upset.
picks 35+ or 40+ for TOB or Ollie wouldn't be great, but it is what it is. Just then need to package them together for something a little higher if we can.

Hope to see something good for Howe

I think its fair, good pick we can package for something better.

24+43 on points is equal to pick 14. Get pick 17 off the dogs, makes sense if we're only taking 3 picks to the draft.

Pick 6 for Mitchell would be a great outcome.

Wouldn't accept anything less.

I'm hearing that Sydney may demand more than pick 16 for out of contract Jordan Dawson.

Titch not OOC for 6 is completely reasonable in that case. And would probably be the minimum we'd accept.
I’m saying I want a second pick for Mitchell 2 first rounders even if a second goes back. Nothing less would suffice.

I think its fair, good pick we can package for something better.

24+43 on points is equal to pick 14. Get pick 17 off the dogs, makes sense if we're only taking 3 picks to the draft.
I'll be happy with our off season if we can get Mac Andrew at pick 5, and and snag Wanganeen Milerra with one of our two 2nds (would probably need to get Dogs first for that to happen). Those two would add some real class and X factor to our team. I had a look at Mac's highlights again. Add some strength and with the proper development this guy could be special in a role that will be critical for teams moving forward. Would love to get a classy ready made mid, but I like what the above two guys offer.

I'll be happy with our off season if we can get Mac Andrew at pick 5, and and snag Wanganeen Milerra with one of our two 2nds (would probably need to get Dogs first for that to happen). Those two would add some real class and X factor to our team. I had a look at Mac's highlights again. Add some strength and with the proper development this guy could be special in a role that will be critical for teams moving forward. Would love to get a classy ready made mid, but I like what the above two guys offer.

Mac Andrew, Sonsie & Wanganeen-Milera :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back