Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Remember we weren't expecting anything for Smith and scored a pick in the 40s. We'll absolutely get something for a departing TOB, but we won't have any idea on the range until it's announced.

Remember we weren't expecting anything for Smith and scored a pick in the 40s. We'll absolutely get something for a departing TOB, but we won't have any idea on the range until it's announced.
Was that the Brockman pick? that would be awesome if it was

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
from my PoV

i would be happy to trade any or all of TOB, Hanrahan, Titch and Howe

TOB i would hope we can get a 2nd round compo pick for losing him to another club via FA
Hanrahan we might get a player swap or 3rd rounder?
Titch if we do trade i would hope for a 1st rounder and pick swaps or something more?
Howe could fetch a 2nd rounder potentially?

we could also keep them if no decent trades are offered?

View attachment 1247369
Doesn’t give numbers but he is also older than Chol. Me personally, I am hopeful of higher but expecting third round at best with the understanding it might actually be nothing
Unlikely to be nothing, they factor alot of things including a weighting on age.

At 25 a player will get 12 points, at 26 10 points and so on....
They get awarded a point total between 0-100 for the AVG dollars per year.
Then afterwards the players total is weighted against the comp AVG and what percentile the player ends up in creates the compo.

Chol is likely going to end up in band 4 the top 50% but the AVG wage was $363,430 in 2020 and that was decreasing from previous years.

O'Brien is likely going to end up band 4 also but worst case is band 5 which is top 70% he is unlikely to earn less than that.

Best case scenario for us is O'Brien gets a front ended 2 year deal with a trigger for a 3rd on alot less money. (Remember the Vickery deal)
They don't consider the trigger when calculating the AVG wage.

We wont get compo for Tim. Money will be too low and length of term. He'd be 2 years max with them.
Unless it's changed length of contract isn't consider, which has always bewildered me.

Minimum contact length is 2 years to be selected as a FA and than they just use the AVG

danielG

All Australian
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unless it's changed length of contract isn't consider, which has always bewildered me.

Minimum contact length is 2 years to be selected as a FA and than they just use the AVG
Matty Rendell reckons he's hearing Mac Andrew might go at two to GWS....Also said Collingwood will make finals and Darcy Moore would win the brownlow next year if he played in the ruck...He needs to stop getting on the sauce before speaking on live radio.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Matty Rendell reckons he's hearing Mac Andrew might go at two to GWS....Also said Collingwood will make finals and Darcy Moore would win the brownlow next year if he played in the ruck...He needs to stop getting on the sauce before speaking on live radio.

North: Horne-Francis
GWS: Andrew
Gold Coast: Daicos (bid not matched)
Adelaide: Darcy (bid not matched)
Hawthorn: CALLAGHAN

You're telling me there's a chance?

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It's a race to the bottom between Rendell and Bucky, sadly.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
halfback dasher says this is incorrect. We are not meeting with him.

Not fussed at all if this is true. Would much rather focus on Callow next year, especially as a key defender. Brander is a former pick 13 who just hasn’t come on and doesn’t handle physical pressure too well - let Carlton keep stockpiling other clubs rejects

perrdan86

Team Captain
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lakers - Man Utd - Rams - Yankees
Not fussed at all if this is true. Would much rather focus on Callow next year, especially as a key defender. Brander is a former pick 13 who just hasn’t come on and doesn’t handle physical pressure too well - let Carlton keep stockpiling other clubs rejects

I dont think he has been too bad. His stats have improved every year basically and he's been played on a wing where most WC fans said they should have developed him up forward. 195cm, they take a little longer to develop the big lads.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree. Would love to get games into Callow next year.

Hawk the Talk

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Someone needs to get into the ear of TOBs management and get them to shop him to Adelaide. If we could get the two Adelaide clubs both interested in Timmeh (I mean he almost was Mark of the year) then maybe the market drives up his value and we get more

Almost! So Tim O’Brien

bigmaxi

All Australian
Nov 11, 2006
hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roosters
Agree. Would love to get games into Callow next year.
Question. Do we give Callow an opportunity next year as a forward with Hale coaching the forward line or send him back to develop as a KPD ? I think a year forward with a full preseason if it doesn’t work out try him back at BH in the second half of the season? Thoughts?

Question. Do we give Callow an opportunity next year as a forward with Hale coaching the forward line or send him back to develop as a KPD ? I think a year forward with a full preseason if it doesn’t work out try him back at BH in the second half of the season? Thoughts?
I'm definitely keen on seeing him as a big KPD, first and foremost...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back