Discussion 2021 Player X v Y v Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpkin vs Cerra
Both confirmed full time mids.
Simpkin was a full time mid last year as well, he just couldn't handle the attention, got very soft every time he got tagged. To be fair, he didn't have much help, but will that improve this year?

Cerra

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
LDU
1613985727004.png

versus

Josh Daicos for an extra $10k
1613985846568.png

LDU
View attachment 1063125

versus

View attachment 1063137

not keen on either at their price points - can't see either being a SP this year so at best you are speculating over a M8 spot - for me I would want someone proven around the 105 mark over a full season for any M8 picks (Sloane, Taranto, Cunners etc)

if one of these two happen to go crazy then I'll pick them up in-season.

LDU
View attachment 1063125

versus

View attachment 1063137
Out of those 2, it's Daicos for me. He will get minutes playing as an inside mid as well this season. Wing, inside mid, resting forward, he'll do it all, serious talent. But in saying that, I don't think he'll average above 100, around 90-95 is more realistic, and that's a decent jump.

I would take Taranto for another $10k, at least he has a 100+ averaging season in the bag, where he won the BnF (in the year they made a GF, which says a lot)

Other options around $400k-$450k you can take on other lines by utilizing DPP

Back your gut but

Assuming you have Gawn, Grundy, Flynn:
Who is your other C option on another line?
(Thinking: You might not have the option to loop G&G if Flynn plays.)
More X + Y + Z, I guess, hope that's OK.

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Out of those 2, it's Daicos for me. He will get minutes playing as an inside mid as well this season. Wing, inside mid, resting forward, he'll do it all, serious talent. But in saying that, I don't think he'll average above 100, around 90-95 is more realistic, and that's a decent jump.

I would take Taranto for another $10k, at least he has a 100+ averaging season in the bag, where he won the BnF (in the year they made a GF, which says a lot)

Other options around $400k-$450k you can take on other lines by utilizing DPP

Back your gut but
Daicos is in my team at the moment. LDU in a lot of teams and looks like being a future star but I reckon Daicos will score better this year and is a safer pick. Every chance I swap him out for Tom Green and the extra $$ if Green looks like a lock in the GWS side

I think I'm taking a donut at R3, even if Flynn plays round 1. Not paying all that for Gawn and Grundy if I can't C and VC them. Might lose a cash cow, but hopefully other lines make up for it. We'll see but

Need to have a Macrae, Lloyd, Danger, etc type on the other lines but

I've got Lloyd as well as Jelly for a cheeky VC, Tracc also in the mix, especially when G&G play each other. Dusty always goes massive round 1 as well, averages 130 against Carlton in recent times.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Macrae is the safest Bulldog mid, will get the most minutes and won't go forward. You can bank on Bont/Dunks/Bailey Smith spending time forward but not Macrae.

That makes sense to me. But bevo is crazy. Had there been any comments from the club on who might spend time forward? Or on the wing?

Id imagine that Treloar isn’t too likely to play forward either.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That makes sense to me. But bevo is crazy. Had there been any comments from the club on who might spend time forward? Or on the wing?

Id imagine that Treloar isn’t too likely to play forward either.
Not much out of the Dogs at all this pre season. From what I can tell they’ll all take there turn rotating through the mid, wing and forward line.
I’ll watch the stream of the Hawks game tomorrow morning and that might tell us something.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Jordan Clark vs Hayden Young?

Not much out of the Dogs at all this pre season. From what I can tell they’ll all take there turn rotating through the mid, wing and forward line.
I’ll watch the stream of the Hawks game tomorrow morning and that might tell us something.

It won't tell us much - with Treloar out for the moment we don't get to see how they all might be deployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back