Training 2021 Practice Matches

Remove this Banner Ad

So we seem to have 3 lined up at the moment, all at the Hangar:

March 20 vs Box Hille, no time specified
April 3 vs Sandringham, 11 am
April 9 vs Frankston, 6 pm

Obviously the first two are designed to turn into double headers against Hawthorne and St. Kilda, the third is the day after we play Sydney so probably to allow for time for the emergencies that didn't play not to catch a red eye back and get a run.

Based on what my team for Hawthorne looks like, something like this for the first praccy:

FB: Martin Gleeson - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Cody Brand
HB: Mason Redman? - Zachary Reid - Lachlan Johnson
MF: Tom Cutler - Matthew Guelfi - Kurt Aylett?
HF: Archie Perkins - Cian McBride - Tom Hird
FF: Nick Bryan - Josh Eyre - Danny Younan
OB: Andrew Phillips - Joe Atley - Kyle Dunkley
IC: VFL tryouts

So it'd fit well against Box Hille size wise.

Hartley - Bryan/Phillips
Grainger-Barrass - Eyre
Howe? - McBride

Zerk-Thatcher - Jeka
Reid - Brooksby/Reeves
Brand - Nash

Okay, apparently there's a Praccy tomorrow night against Richmond. No idea the time or whether it's Punt Road or Tullamarine

Hird, Reid, Perkins, Eyre, Zerk, Gleeson, Cutler, Waterman, Bryan and Cutler playing according to Scooter05, but I thought I saw Brand in one of the photo's he put up.

We're up 18-8 according his twitter, number 66 with 2 (not sure who that is) and Eyre with 1.

Hird, Reid, Perkins, Eyre, Zerk, Gleeson, Cutler, Waterman, Bryan and Cutler playing according to Scooter05, but I thought I saw Brand in one of the photo's he put up.

We're up 18-8 according his twitter, number 66 with 2 (not sure who that is) and Eyre with 1.
Johnson and Redman also playing as is Brand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've lost quite a few players since 2019 I've heard, so it's not overly surprising that we're struggling.
Team list for reference -

Team list for reference -

So we're missing a few of our most experienced blokes in Aylett (I think he's still going around), Younan, Atley who also happen to be our core. Not concerned by this at all

Okay, from what I can gather we'll have the following AFL listed players available for Box Hille:

Gleeson, Cutler, Perkins, Bryan, Stringer? (for a half), Zerk-Thatcher, Reid, Phillips, Guelfi, Johnson, Brand, McBride?, Hird

Don't know what's happened to Irish but never seems to play nor get mentioned

Okay, from what I can gather we'll have the following AFL listed players available for Box Hille:

Gleeson, Cutler, Perkins, Bryan, Stringer? (for a half), Zerk-Thatcher, Reid, Phillips, Guelfi, Johnson, Brand, McBride?, Hird

Don't know what's happened to Irish but never seems to play nor get mentioned

He's been in a moon boot. Don't think he's a chance.

He's been in a moon boot. Don't think he's a chance.
Moon boot can mean gone, never to be seen again but also sometimes a player is in a moon boot one week and playing the next

Remove this Banner Ad

Back