Discussion 2021 Pre-Season Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full Match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
*Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon (Eagles Highlights) (Dockers Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)

*still waiting for match videos.

1614428467803.png

Last edited:
So is the consensus:

Zilliams: If you think the body holds, must pick
Cripps: Spent time fwd due to absences, general squeeze on mid points due to goalfest
Walsh: Had a dirty night on the disposal, he's going to have those days.
Dow: Enough there to persevere with (role ok, CBAs OK, reasonable JS and hopefully 75-odd avg)
Hunter Clark: Bit of a sleeper
Jack Steele: Pricey, but will give output
Docherty: Seen in very few sides, probably deserves higher ownership %
Hunter: Acquitted himself OK, but Ryder return in the offing and Pittonet a lower tier first ruck - Hunter offers nothing over Flynn

So is the consensus:

Cripps: Spent time fwd due to absences, general squeeze on mid points due to goalfest
Dow: Enough there to persevere with (role ok, CBAs OK, reasonable JS and hopefully 75-odd avg)
Hunter: Acquitted himself OK, but Ryder return in the offing and Pittonet a lower tier first ruck - Hunter offers nothing over Flynn

Yeh, pretty much all of that

SK Webster not worth bothering with
Higgo sneaky 420k POD?
Highmore held his own, still half a chance

So is the consensus:

I didn't see the game.

50/50s on Cripps.
At this stage.

So is the consensus:

The question is do I pick both Doch and Williams....hmmm not sure.

Thing with Cripps is I have him at M4 in my side.

Only option I'm bullish on at his price is Simpkin at $500,000. I'd love to have him in my side but have Green instead at M5.

There just isn't anyone else at Cripps price range with his upside so he is staying in my team.

Worse case scenario he is a bust and I trade him to Simpkin end of round 2 and Simpkin goes on to average 110.

Tim Kelly?

I moved Cripps to Gaff ( 3 year 107 avg).

But Cripps could easy go 108.

POD Serong at M5

I also wouldn't mind having different players I've never had before .
I remember reading some tips from a previous winner of SC that the 'boring' premos are often the best.

He'd always pick Priddis, would get you 100 each week, occasional 120, but very little variance and ultra reliable.

I think Gaff fits that pretty well, although probably more prone to a down game than Priddis, he's still ultra reliable and will ton up each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember reading some tips from a previous winner of SC that the 'boring' premos are often the best.

He'd always pick Priddis, would get you 100 each week, occasional 120, but very little variance and ultra reliable.

I think Gaff fits that pretty well, although probably more prone to a down game than Priddis, he's still ultra reliable and will ton up each week.
Who likes to be boring though, half the fun is riding your speculative picks who have never averaged over 80 in a season to become a 100+ avg keeper.

He's only in 4% of teams.

Soild option .

Gaff will love these new rules too. Quite capable of playing along the wing and through the guts all day, bloke is a running machine.

Oli Henry. Not seeing him mentioned a lot on here so hoping he becomes a POD rookie like Grian Miers was for me two years ago.

His brother was a decent cash cow back in his rookie year, played 21 games, 61 season ave, made 200k before Geelong's bye. Hopefully it runs in the family.

His brother was a decent cash cow back in his rookie year, played 21 games, 61 season ave, made 200k before Geelong's bye. Hopefully it runs in the family.

Ollie is a deadset gun, he'll have a licence to play up the ground too, will get his 10-15 and 5 marks or so, should bob up for a goal as well here and there. He's locked for me.

Oli Henry. Not seeing him mentioned a lot on here so hoping he becomes a POD rookie like Grian Miers was for me two years ago.

I'm still mad about Miers.

His immediate family didn't even pick the bastard.

You and Gryan himself were probably the only owners.

I'm still mad about Miers.

His immediate family didn't even pick the bastard.

You and Gryan himself were probably the only owners.

And I only picked him because I remember watching him dominate the TAC cup grand final and after a years apprenticeship in the VFL thought he was primed to make an instant impact.

Literally the only thing I did right in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back