Discussion 2021 Pre-Season Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full Match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
*Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon (Eagles Highlights) (Dockers Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)

*still waiting for match videos.

1614428467803.png

Last edited:
Cripps is only 523k and blokes are talking like he is a 700k+ player.

Actually my bad everyone is right and Cripps is cooked who won’t score 100 more than 5 times this season and don’t touch him or get him out right now!

;)
I don't think anyone is acting like he costs $700k. If he was that price then no one in their right mind would be considering him. The question is whether he represents decent value or will even be a keeper as his $523k price tag. If the Cripps of old was to return he'd be fantastic value, but he's $523k for a reason ... he only averaged 97.5 last season and that's certainly not a mid keeper's score. Worse still he's only averaged 101 over his past 29 games in which he's reached 100 just 14 times and 120+ on only 7 occasions. That's not what you want from a mid keeper either.

I know this is only a practice match and largely meaningless to senior players, but it was still an opportunity for Cripps to show he's back in form. The only opportunity we get to confirm that before committing to our final teams. He hasn't done that so to include him means you have to take a giant, evidence free, leap of faith that he's just taking it easy tonight and will return to his previous best in round 1.

Some will take that risk, others won't. I'm still undecided.

I don't think anyone is acting like he costs $700k. If he was that price then no one in their right mind would be considering him. The question is whether he represents decent value or will even be a keeper as his $523k price tag. If the Cripps of old was to return he'd be fantastic value, but he's $523k for a reason ... he only averaged 97.5 last season and that's certainly not a mid keeper's score. Worse still he's only averaged 101 over his past 29 games in which he's reached 100 just 14 times and 120+ on only 7 occasions. That's not what you want from a mid keeper either.

I know this is only a practice match and largely meaningless to senior players, but it was still an opportunity for Cripps to show he's back in form. The only opportunity we get to confirm that before committing to our final teams. He hasn't done that so to include him means you have to take a giant, evidence free, leap of faith that he's just taking it easy tonight and will return to his previous best in round 1.

Some will take that risk, others won't. I'm still undecided.
Pretty easy if you have that much doubt and dont touch him.

It is not rocket science and take someone else in the same price range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Brad Hill? These new rules/free flowing game really suits his game and looks to be running out the game extremely well. Priced the same as Tom Green, currently have Green at M5 but boy is Hill tempting me at the moment.

Thoughts on Brad Hill? These new rules/free flowing game really suits his game and looks to be running out the game extremely well. Priced the same as Tom Green, currently have Green at M5 but boy is Hill tempting me at the moment.

Small sample but new rules looks to suit outside players and also enables teams to get the ball into their better ball users easier. Wonder if this will affect the Bulls like Cripps/Fyfe etc negatively. Need to see more games.

Will hold his spot for R1 ....what he's done has been clean & classy, just want Dow to get more possies
Lock him in. He’ll earn you money like a term deposit.

Like him, seems like all the stars are aligning for him. Am tossing him and Green up as well. Wish we knew his sc score from the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back