Discussion 2021 Pre-Season Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full Match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
*Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon (Eagles Highlights) (Dockers Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)

*still waiting for match videos.

1614428467803.png

Last edited:
Docherty 27 possesions, only surpassed by Sinclair with 28 possessions ......so he got enough of the ball :whitecheck: .....he'll tidy up his disposals in the season proper .... :padlock:

Spot on mate. Had 7 clangers as well at only 70%, usually he’s much better than that. He cleans that up from last night and that’s an easy SC ton. Looked to be mopping up which I loved.

Only watched a little of the game and saw Doch turn it over for a goal twice in the time span, he had 7 clangers last night which would of hurt his score massively don't think that's going to be a regular occurrence.

Yep, take out 3-4 of those howlers and that's a 110 game.

pretty good. Still to be picked up and price could be interesting.

True intresting on price.

I didn't see the game.

But Curnow inj .

Oscar played forward last night and rucked. .

He could also go back.

FFS FF won't let me see he's last year avg .

I reckon he was trying a bit too hard to precision kick and in doing so ended up misdirecting a few kicks and turning it over.

He made a hell of a lot of skill errors tbh.

Production was very good though - still a good choice at his price and potential upside.

Anyone able to get Cripps heat map from tonight?
Time fwd will decide if he stays or not.
25 cba’s suggests more mid but don’t want him fwd.
He’s no Bont or Fyfe. Don’t think he has the fwd craft in his game.
Can;t seem to find any heat maps for the game but the 'telstra tracker' has him at 73% offensive half for the game so yeah probably played forward a s**t load

I turned Walsh and Cripps into Doch and Zilliams after last night. I might still take 1 of Walsh or Cripps to have 3 Blues players, but I definitely don't want 4.

Zilliams just looks like a lock at his price. You're getting a goalscoring midfielder in DEF for $460k.
Doch is Doch. Great history a few years ago, but he's also underpriced from last season. If you remove the injury affected game, he averaged closer to 100.

Gotta find the value since we're paying a premium for cash cows.

*I still think Cripps and Walsh are value, I just gotta see who I prefer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I turned Walsh and Cripps into Doch and Zilliams after last night. I might still take 1 of Walsh or Cripps to have 3 Blues players, but I definitely don't want 4.

Zilliams just looks like a lock at his price. You're getting a goalscoring midfielder in DEF for $460k.
Doch is Doch. Great history a few years ago, but he's also underpriced from last season. If you remove the injury affected game, he averaged closer to 100.

Cripps is a shocking forward .

It's not the Cripps show anymore .

Interesting what he will avg this year.

Walsh disposal must have been shocking last night apparently had the most CBA and only scored a 61

Walsh disposal must have been shocking last night apparently had the most CBA and only scored a 61

I thought his game was a lot better than 61. Needs to learn how to win the contested ball. Felt he was reacting to the Saints mids who were getting first use for most of the night.

He wasn’t doing much with the ball in hand but still very early days

I can't see him averaging more than Doc so I think for $50k less I would rather have Docherty in my team and spend the extra money elsewhere

Did midfielders get less scaling because there was more goals kicked?
34 goals is a lot for an afl game these days.
Obviously if its the midfielder kicking the goal they will get the points.
just thinking out loud.
Yep for sure.

In low scoring games, a really big ground ball get/contested handball would be scored very well. In a high scoring match, especially a shootout where it's close and each goal means something, goals simply have to be scored better.

If all matches this weekend are how they were last night, there may be a huge shift in SC scoring.

Goalscoring mids and quick players who pass, run and then get it back might be the focus. Instead of Oliver, take Petracca who will get more goals. Make sure you have Danger, Bont, Dusty, etc who will burst from stoppages, rack em up, but also kick goals. Might need a CHF like Jezza who will get on the end of down the field kicks, but also kick goals.

It's going to be interesting...

Yep for sure.

In low scoring games, a really big ground ball get/contested handball would be scored very well. In a high scoring match, especially a shootout where it's close and each goal means something, goals simply have to be scored better.

If all matches this weekend are how they were last night, there may be a huge shift in SC scoring.

Goalscoring mids and quick players who pass, run and then get it back might be the focus. Instead of Oliver, take Petracca who will get more goals. Make sure you have Danger, Bont, Dusty, etc who will burst from stoppages, rack em up, but also kick goals. Might need a CHF like Jezza who will get on the end of down the field kicks, but also kick goals.

It's going to be interesting...

Good points, b. Could throw Butters & Heeney in that lot as well.

Last edited:
Think there's way too much stock going into last nights game, Carlton and Saints are both structured towards an offensive game style and quick ball movement, coaches adjusted at half time and the scoring reduced dramatically as well as the players got tired.

There will be plenty of teams who are much more defensively minded and will try slog out a win even with the new rules in play. Do I see scoring improving across the board? Yes. Do I see games going over 200 points on the regular? No. Will coaches adjust to try and stop bleeding and slow the game down? Of course.

I am not worried at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back