Discussion 2021 Pre-Season Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full Match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
*Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon (Eagles Highlights) (Dockers Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)

*still waiting for match videos.

1614428467803.png

Last edited:
Watching Parish with interest in the first few games of the season proper. Insider with outside run, smart, good de and kicks goals. If Truck plays him majority ft mid then he's a great chance to jump 15 or 20 ppg. Break out season awaits him
Check out his scores .....probably more relevant as Fantasy player

Check out his scores .....probably more relevant as Fantasy player
imho he should attend every bounce or ball up/throw up we have. He's a great in and under clearance player with upside elsewhere, like hitting targets and kicking goals when given the chance. What say you JT_the_Man

imho he should attend every bounce or ball up/throw up we have. He's a great in and under clearance player with upside elsewhere, like hitting targets and kicking goals when given the chance. What say you JT_the_Man
Agree with most of this. Him and Draper have a great connection at the centre bounces, but he is still prone to butchering the ball a bit (was the only noticeable flaw in his game against Geelong) which probably makes him more fantasy relevant. If he tidies up his kicking he’ll be a great POD.

I owned Parish last year up forward and I can say without a doubt he has some of the cleanest hands I’ve seen across the league. His work in tight and in the guts was above both Shiel and McGrath imo and second to only Zerrett.
Frustrated me so much seeing him plonked on a HFF or on a wing for half the game and then the guts for 5 minutes before being dragged. Sometimes I think Woosha forgot he had a former #5 pick drafted as a midfielder at his disposal. He deserves soooo much more midfield opportunity than he gets granted lol

For those with some doubt.

Rowell is in 51.5% of teams.

In his first four games of AFL ever, as a scrawny little kid with no muscle, he scored 80, 171, 141, 114

Don’t end your season before it’s started.

It's fair enough if your expectations are low.
Fwiw, he does need to go at a decent clip and play consistently (which I guess he would if he avoids injury) to generate cash.
Numbers here are just examples to give an idea. Plodding along at 50/60-odd won't get it done.
A big bag or two would get it going.
View attachment 1073122
I’ve been hesitant on him all year. He’s there at the moment but I’m starting to think Impey or even that s**t footballer Dow are better options at slightly less.

In his first four games of AFL ever, as a scrawny little kid with no muscle, he scored 80, 171, 141, 114

I'll probably have to trade him in after 2 crap games from my pod....but I'm ok with that

Yep he's a freak, no doubt.
Perhaps I'm making more of the shoulder than I should, but it scares me.

He's playing a role that's going to see him getting banged up week after week, not sure how long it'll hold.

Whats wrong with the other 50% kents who don't have him. Should be 100%

Watching Parish with interest in the first few games of the season proper. Insider with outside run, smart, good de and kicks goals. If Truck plays him majority ft mid then he's a great chance to jump 15 or 20 ppg. Break out season awaits him
Parish is many things but good disposal efficiency is not one. I had him all year last season, he would be worth a look if he still had dpp. 32 touches for 89 points is a horrible return and sadly about all he's capable of at the moment. Permanant midfield role would see him average 95 plus, but there's no chance he goes 100+ without cleaning up his disposal.

I really don't know what to make of Rowell - having not watched the game, it was good to get some reassurance from comments in this thread, with the most CBA for Suns and generally good score from 70% TOG. Something that is bugging me is the lack of marks and tackles from him, which could be put down to progressing with his shoulder and still not fully committed in these areas.

It's a slight concern, especially with $80k sitting in the kitty where I could drop Neale and Rowell to any two of the other top tier mids (Steele, Oliver, Macrae, Bont, etc.)...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't know what to make of Rowell - having not watched the game, it was good to get some reassurance from comments in this thread, with the most CBA for Suns and generally good score from 70% TOG. Something that is bugging me is the lack of marks and tackles from him, which could be put down to progressing with his shoulder and still not fully committed in these areas.

It's a slight concern, especially with $80k sitting in the kitty where I could drop Neale and Rowell to any two of the other top tier mids (Steele, Oliver, Macrae, Bont, etc.)...

In that situation I would go Macrae and Oliver.

Is Neale likely to come out of the gate averaging 130-140? I am not sure. I could see his price dropping.

But most people would have Rowell as a M4/M5.

This is my worry as well. All his touches were contested inside ball, nothing at all on the outside basically. Watched and he spread hard but only after the initial contest, didn’t work much to get the ball on transition. With the game opening up and teams looking to play possession footy it was a bit concerning. SFA tackles either, looked like he was struggling big time to lift his shoulders above his head. I’m happy to be proven wrong but I’m not taking that risk this year.

that will be his average at half time this year :moustache:
I think he will be really good for you guys.
I just think you cant compare a 4 game season average to a full 22 game season.
If he goes 90+ hes had a remarkably good year.
Anything higher is unrealistic.
500k for a bloke with 4 (excellent i admit) games is crazy talk.
Hype train in full flight

. hype.jpg

I think he will be really good for you guys.
I just think you cant compare a 4 game season average to a full 22 game season.
If he goes 90+ hes had a remarkably good year.
Anything higher is unrealistic.
500k for a bloke with 4 (excellent i admit) games is crazy talk.
Hype train in full flight

.View attachment 1073293
Well to be serious, the thing we're all looking for is players who are going to beat their price right?

Rowell is priced at about 92, do you think he will average more? I do so I'm picking him. Is he a chance of doing a lot better (105+)? I think there is cause he was doing it last year before he got injured and he's fitter and stronger now. And playing in a team that is improving, so he's not the only threat to opposition.

People talk about him getting injured, yeah he got a bad injury last year, happens to inside players and he might get injured again but I don't think he's any more likely to get injured than as a dozen other players (Fyfe, Jelly, Zilliams, etc).

The other factor is he's in over 50% of teams, so if you're wrong and he gets off to a flier then you are chasing 50% of teams. Sometimes in SC you have to play defense. That's not why I'm picking him, but I'm sure it's a reason for some.

Only time will tell in the end, but I'd say the only thing that stops him being a good pick is injury, he will definitely score well enough to justify the start price.

GC had Rowell playing as an outside mid ....hence CP's and tackles would have been down

Working him into the season .....for Rowell, it's about getting confidence in the shoulder .....looking at his last Qtr, he played more inside and don't think it'll be an issue

Well to be serious, the thing we're all looking for is players who are going to beat their price right?

Rowell is priced at about 92, do you think he will average more? I do so I'm picking him. Is he a chance of doing a lot better (105+)? I think there is cause he was doing it last year before he got injured and he's fitter and stronger now. And playing in a team that is improving, so he's not the only threat to opposition.

People talk about him getting injured, yeah he got a bad injury last year, happens to inside players and he might get injured again but I don't think he's any more likely to get injured than as a dozen other players (Fyfe, Jelly, Zilliams, etc).

The other factor is he's in over 50% of teams, so if you're wrong and he gets off to a flier then you are chasing 50% of teams. Sometimes in SC you have to play defense. That's not why I'm picking him, but I'm sure it's a reason for some.

Only time will tell in the end, but I'd say the only thing that stops him being a good pick is injury, he will definitely score well enough to justify the start price.
If we all took the same players the game would be s**t.
Good luck bud!

Kick-in and play-on stats are interesting.

May is a :padlock: if he is not ruled out for concussion.
Is a great kick and loves to boot it long. Also very handy in the air for contested intercepts.

Ziebell and Binchicken sharing the duties.

Will Cumming improve his scoring?

Clark the one the has me intrigued. Will this continue for Geelong?

Last edited:

Yeah I’ll be staggered if he averages 90 or below this year.

Kick-in and play-on stats are interesting.

May is a :padlock: if he is not ruled out for concussion.
Is a great kick and loves to boot it long. Also very handy in the air for contested intercepts.

Ziebell and Binchicken sharing the duties.

Will Cumming improve his scoring?

Clark the one the has me intrigued. Will this continue for Geelong?

Salem wasn't playing last night, he takes kick-ins as well as May. May's not going to get as much of the ball as he did yesterday, he and Lever did a mountain of work, an amount that I doubt he will have to do this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back