Remove this Banner Ad

McAdam's screamer.
DGip9ab.gif

Thilthorpe clunking marks.
LrDF2Lo.gif

QN2Kdkh.gif

Worrell's slips catch.
tg3BnIY.gif

There are multitudes of examples of negativity/bullying/trolling on any topic. Further giving those views air time is exactly what we shouldnt do if we ever want to stop it. Some people are actually <insert here>ists, some are troll junkies, and that is never, ever going to change. What can change is how the reasonable people choose to treat this, fwiw personally i think ignoring (not censoring or piling on) is usually the best way, and arguing and counterarguing about minor issues is never going to achieve anything positive.

All that said I restate again i think your take is right, and its a shame. The weights should be published and it shouldnt raise an eyebrow anywhere, and if it does those eyebrows can be ignored.

Why? Have you never looked at height/weight stats for male players?

I'm a bit more of a realist with these things, in that it is inevitably going to lead to a court case against the AFLW from a player who had a mental breakdown because they didn't show a duty of care and published these things in the open. After all, this is a well-known issue, and all it could take is one court case to threaten the very existence of the league.

Inevitably I think it'll become a thing in this league, however, it's probably one or two more generations of social progress needed before it's truly accepted.

I don't want to think about how many posts I have on this forum talking about players height/weight.

crows are brilliant. I’ll never forget the doco that showed a crow dropping nuts at an intersection to get cars to crush them and then waiting at the crossing with the people before crossing to reap the rewards.

Does anyone else use or has heard of the "Hit a crow buy a carton rule" ??

Where if you're driving a car and hit a Crow {quite difficult} everyone travelling in the car has to buy you a carton of your favourite drink. Once all my kids are over 18 I'm locking them in the car for hours of driving.

Let's see... there are 7.5B people in the world so probably 3.7B women, and let's say 1,000 professional female tennis players.

I'm glad you agree it would be silly of me to concern myself with the 1/3,750,000 woman who get paid well for what they do.

you’re right of course.

every organisation and senior executive deliberately raises its cost base and lowers their personal performance rating and bonuses by not hiring the cheaper option

Further to this, funny to hear they are also living with each other atm. New version of the Bash Brothers

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Small things I know, but I hear Will Goodings use this about these two. I hear he might be a lurker on here. Any chance I can take credit for this or someone else

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, except they don't, you're just using an unnecessary statistic.

just think about that for a minute.

that companies could save money by only hiring women.

there are reasons why there are some disparities, but the idea that identically qualified, experienced and capable women are paid less is a nonsense

and I promise you I’ve hired more women into senior executive roles than you.

if I could have boosted my performance by hiring more, I’d have done it in a flash: but it’s not true.

just think about that for a minute.

that companies could save money by only hiring women.

there are reasons why there are some disparities, but the idea that identically qualified, experienced and capable women are paid less is a nonsense

and I promise you I’ve hired more women into senior executive roles than you.

if I could have boosted my performance by hiring more, I’d have done it in a flash: but it’s not true.
Or if you want facts...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back