Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

on the flip-side of stopping an opposition run-on is what happens on the odd occasion when we get 3 to 4 goals in front - for a long time we have not known what to do when we get a lead - we tend to freeze - hbf and myself have always spoken about what happens when we get 20 points up - usually nothing and the other mob go bang bang bang - this has to stop - we need to bury teams when we can - I've often thought we must have got a jump on the opposition tactically somehow when we built a quick lead and their coaches took a quarter or so to work out our advantage and nullify it - whatever it is, quit being cute, put the foot on the throat and give us an avalanche of scoring - we have decades of payback to hand out - message ends

on the flip-side of stopping an opposition run-on is what happens on the odd occasion when we get 3 to 4 goals in front - for a long time we have not known what to do when we get a lead - we tend to freeze - hbf and myself have always spoken about what happens when we get 20 points up - usually nothing and the other mob go bang bang bang - this has to stop - we need to bury teams when we can - I've often thought we must have got a jump on the opposition tactically somehow when we built a quick lead and their coaches took a quarter or so to work out our advantage and nullify it - whatever it is, quit being cute, put the foot on the throat and give us an avalanche of scoring - we have decades of payback to hand out - message ends
This is what happened in the Geelong game. But their overall experience and momentum got the better of us.

Been saying it for a while, but it's a number of phases

The Cats game showed that we can hang on when we dominate a side early, lucky, but gutsy win

Game like the Swans shows we can come from behind, same as Dockers

Game like the Dogs, showed when challenged, we can win convincingly

We need to eliminate outings like Hawks and Crows, to solidify us taking the next step

And a long one in the context. You must be truly riled! Need a bex and a lie down?

Been saying it for a while, but it's a number of phases

The Cats game showed that we can hang on when we dominate a side early, lucky, but gutsy win

Game like the Swans shows we can come from behind, same as Dockers

Game like the Dogs, showed when challenged, we can win convincingly

We need to eliminate outings like Hawks and Crows, to solidify us taking the next step
That’s the biggest issue for mine, having the consistency to preclude the outliers. Teams will make runs, we need to respond. What we don’t need is complete capitulation like Dorks and Sadelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for being a goalkicking Carlton forward with a flowing mullet, Fisher holds good company alongside former premiership captain Stephen Kernahan. And, like Fisher in attack, the new 'do is here to stay.

"The reason I have it is because grandma always asks for a new photo in round one for the photo album," Fisher laughed.

"I've changed it up every year and this is what I've got this year. I think I might keep it for the time being."
"
the most important part of the article

Belief and Ruthless :cool:

Good to see he is committed. Maybe I’m old school though, you play where you are told to, seems it was more of a debate though. But that’s 2021 so assume that’s the normal now

Modern footy - if a player wants to be a mid, and you tell him "too bad, I'm chucking you in a forward pocket", you can probably expect a trade request come the end of the season.

Important these days that players buy in to their role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back