Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was as valuable as many posters here claim he wouldn’t be allowed to roam free. Can only assume opposition coaches don’t mind him kicking inside our forward 50.
Think he might handball a few more off this year to run and distributors of the likes of Saad, Williams, SPS and....

It’s what happens when a team evolves, individuals do also.

Perhaps Ed has had to distribute into the forward 50 over the last few years because the run & distributors were 18/19 year old kids that would blow up just getting through 120 minutes of football.

I reckon Ed may enjoy a couple going past for the give this year, you know, so he doesn’t have to do every ******* thing like he has in the last three or four.

He’s is, and has been, a ******* warrior for this footy club.

I just hope the others can share some of the burden he has carried. A warrior that deserves respect from all.

Think he might handball a few more off this year to run and distributors of the likes of Saad, Williams, SPS and....

It’s what happens when a team evolves, individuals do also.

Perhaps Ed has had to distribute into the forward 50 over the last few years because the run & distributors were 18/19 year old kids that would blow up just getting through 120 minutes of football.

I reckon Ed may enjoy a couple going past for the give this year, you know, so he doesn’t have to do every ******* thing like he has in the last three or four.

He’s is, and has been, a ******* warrior for this footy club.

I just hope the others can share some of the burden he has carried. A warrior that deserves respect from all.

POTPS (Post of the Pre-Season), sums it up perfectly. Not many players out there that could clamp GAJ like Curnow would. Not the prettiest footballer but definitely not a bad footballer like some are painting.

If he is, we won’t be playing finals
Not necessarily DD, but i get where your coming from, agree the more next generation coming through will improve us dramatically, if he’s passed by some of the next generation midfielders then that’s happy days, but B&F’’s have a habit of being voted on players doing specific team roles that earns high recognition in the eyes of the coaches voting, so hopefully he continues his superb lock down rolls form but a handful of youngsters take the next step up and contribute to strengthening the team anyway...

We will find out whether this will be the case this year. No more excuses. If these players don’t develop at the expected rate then we should hold Teague and the whole football department accountable. If the current board won’t do it then they need to be replaced.
Let’s see how things pan out first DD before doom and glooming...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's not many players in the whole comp that shuts down gun mids like Eddie does, also often gets a snag or 2, one of the best runners going around ,until that declines he's best 22 easily imo.
Top Handful of premier lockdown mids, would have lost many more without his incredible efforts, still has an important role to play even with the next crop coming through...

If he was as valuable as many posters here claim he wouldn’t be allowed to roam free. Can only assume opposition coaches don’t mind him kicking inside our forward 50.

He's valuable as a good tagger and a good midfielder who gets the job done, Ed's not a superstar and never will be.

So why would he be tagged? You'd tag Cripps etc.

Irreplaceable at this time, one of the kids wants to step up, by all means, can't see it at this time.

Opposition coaches don't mind any of our players kicking into our F50 as the kicks are horrible long bombs or not to the advantage of our forwards, the good old spring off half-back happens, catches us off guard, rinse and repeat for most of 2020.

For a little more perspective, Kamdyn McIntosh finished Top 5 in Richmond’s B&F last year, Jayden Short won it.

The Tiges went alright I believe?

Role players make up the bulk of any premiership team. Sprinkle in some superstars and they allow the focus to shift from what these role players can’t do, to more so of what they do do.

As FBB pointed out. Ed has his limitations, they are there for all to see, unfortunately we see them more regularly than we’d like simply because we haven’t had the support cast to compliment them.

I’m of the opposite view. We’re going nowhere if Ed doesn’t have a great season this year.

More to the point, we’re going nowhere if the likes of Setterfield, Dow, Stocker, Kemp, LOB, Walsh, Williamson, Marchbank, Charlie etc.dont continue to improve and step up to match his output.

We have a decent number of players hitting that critical age/experience bracket of 23-27, of course with a couple of outliners such as Walsh and Ed Curnow types that are important to the fortunes of the group

Some need more continuity, others development, while some need to maintain their output.

12-14 wins

Your opinion DD but your really discrediting the job he does every week on some of the best mids...
Never questioned his work rate off the ball, just his effectiveness with ball in hand. Would prefer we didn’t employ a pure defensive tagger. Would like to trial Cunners instead to see if he could find some consistency.

For a little more perspective, Kamdyn McIntosh finished Top 5 in Richmond’s B&F last year, Jayden Short won it.

The Tiges went alright I believe?

Role players make up the bulk of any premiership team. Sprinkle in some superstars and they allow the focus to shift from what these role players can’t do, to more so of what they do do.

As FBB pointed out. Ed has his limitations, they are there for all to see, unfortunately we see them more regularly than we’d like simply because we haven’t had the support cast to compliment them.

I’m of the opposite view. We’re going nowhere if Ed doesn’t have a great season this year.

More to the point, we’re going nowhere if the likes of Setterfield, Dow, Stocker, Kemp, LOB, Walsh, Williamson, Marchbank, Charlie etc.dont continue to improve and step up to match his output.
You make some valid points. The point I want to make if my memory serves me well is, at the start of last season Setters was out of sorts. He was playing predominantly on the wing. It wasn’t until Teague replaced Murphy with Setters as an on baller did we see him grow in confidence and really make some impact. On form didn’t deserve the opportunity but we are now getting the best out of him. Would like to see players like Cunners receive the same opportunities.

You make some valid points. The point I want to make if my memory serves me well is, at the start of last season Setters was out of sorts. He was playing predominantly on the wing. It wasn’t until Teague replaced Murphy with Setters as an on baller did we see him grow in confidence and really make some impact. On form didn’t deserve the opportunity but we are now getting the best out of him. Would like to see players like Cunners receive the same opportunities.
I’m not being snotty just trying to clarify what you think as I think this is the primary discussion for where we’re at as a club. And many posters have polar perspectives about it.

if we were to consider Ed and Murphy’s current output to be 100 in their respective roles, what percentage should an up and comer exhibit in the 2’s to be considered to replace them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back