Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Sone positivity around here would be good. We’ve still officially gained Fogarty, Williams and saad and lost no one from our 2020 squad (curnow wasn’t playing and kemp neither). Just look at the faces on the track they’re happy. They don’t give a sh*t about the injuries. They’re here for a reason. Blues will be back.

We have lost Simmo, but I agree that adding 2 players best 22 and one in the mix makes us a better side..

Add to that, a large group of players in that critical age bracket this year

We play finals this year

Sone positivity around here would be good. We’ve still officially gained Fogarty, Williams and saad and lost no one from our 2020 squad (curnow wasn’t playing and kemp neither). Just look at the faces on the track they’re happy. They don’t give a sh*t about the injuries. They’re here for a reason. Blues will be back.

Fogarty has never done a pre-season, he’s only missed one session during this one.

;)

Fogarty has never done a pre-season, he’s only missed one session during this one.

;)
Definitely a potential Betts replacement throughout this season.

Looking forward to what him, Philp, Durdin, Owies and Honey can bring up forward.

Looking forward to what him, Philp, Durdin, Owies and Honey can bring up forward.
This is critical to our success I reckon. Our forward group definitively have the most question marks.

Casboult?
Gov?
Betts?
(even) Harry?

what are we gonna get?

we need a bit of zip and excitement there. Hopefully one or two of the list you mentioned provide it. Fogarty in his highlights reminds me of a bit of a Papley. Creative Quick blue collar goal sneak thats agressive. Ticks boxes for me.

This is critical to our success I reckon. Our forward group definitively have the most question marks.

Casboult?
Gov?
Betts?
(even) Harry?

what are we gonna get?

we need a bit of zip and excitement there. Hopefully one or two of the list you mentioned provide it. Fogarty in his highlights reminds me of a bit of a Papley. Creative Quick blue collar goal sneak thats agressive. Ticks boxes for me.

Definitely need some real zip and excitement in the forward half that can provide goals and pressure it’s an area of weakness imo, guys like Fogarty and also Honey have bright futures playing forward, also sounds like Durdin is another showing some terrific signs on the track albeit it’s very early days in his first preseason not yet played an official game but players and coaches comments and feedback have been great to hear..
Fisher and Martin are class acts with Cunners very talented and very quick but is a little inconsistent but dangerous when on although his more of a midfielder imo...

Seen this a few times now - are you expecting Fogarty to be groomed as a small forward? From what I've seen and heard from the coaches, he'll play more midfield than forward.

Starting to look like AFL bodies from quite a few now, even Cotterell look bigger ..size will make a huge difference having most of the midfield able to match it physically with other sides instead of getting brushed off like dandruff - if Saad and Williams play true to past form - they will lift rebound and between the arcs ball movement as other players have more space and time themselves - putting Charlie and Kemp out into euation still sees me confident of a much stronger team this year.. first 8 games will be crucial.

Seen this a few times now - are you expecting Fogarty to be groomed as a small forward? From what I've seen and heard from the coaches, he'll play more midfield than forward.
From what I’ve seen and read it’s forward for him till he can get his fitness up. He says as much in one of the introduction vids of him on the app. this will be his first uninterrupted pre season.

Coaches seem to think he's a midfielder resting forward. Could possibly arrange a rotation between him and Murphy.

Although he is far from a big goal kicker, he did rank 'elite' in the league according to AFL Stats Pro for goal assists and score launches, at 0.7 and 1 per game respectively. He is also 'above average' for score involvements, at an average of 4 per game last year.

Gets 3.5 tackles a game, including over 1 a game in the forward 50, so he definitely possesses the traits of a good pressure small forward. Add on top of that, that he can go through the midfield and get the odd clearance, the sky is honestly the limit for young Fog.

I feel like he is often put in Williams/Saad's shadow as recruits from this trade period, but I'm really exited to see what he can bring.

I see Fogarty and Fisher being similar types. They are both small and quick and can play forward and midfield. Fogarty is probably a little harder at it perhaps but both are young developing players so where they take their games this season who knows. I think with the tools they both have, if they play with good physicality and intensity and their bodies hold up they could both fit into the team and both play some midfield and forward, it's just a matter of taking their games further. Betts will be around and Durdin is another one of these types to add to the list.

Starting to look like AFL bodies from quite a few now, even Cotterell look bigger ..size will make a huge difference having most of the midfield able to match it physically with other sides instead of getting brushed off like dandruff - if Saad and Williams play true to past form - they will lift rebound and between the arcs ball movement as other players have more space and time themselves - putting Charlie and Kemp out into euation still sees me confident of a much stronger team this year.. first 8 games will be crucial.
Cotterall's goal celebration will look a little more impressive then

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Casboult?
Gov?
Betts?
(even) Harry?

what are we gonna get?

Jack martin can light up any forward line, any time.

4 goals in 1 quarter vs the Tigers....

This guy has the ability to be the best in the league, bar none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if Marc Pittonet is okay? He was KO’d at training, just saw it on the news.

Put my head up just as they were saying it and it looks like it happened from a TDK tackle.

Cotterall's goal celebration will look a little more impressive then

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
thought it was pretty handy regardless.............reminded me of HBF the night the waiter told him they were out of pan-fried pork dumplings........

Taking "fight for your spot in the team" a bit too seriously?

Randomly in the same news segment about Pittonet, they had Pagan on. He said if Carlton make the finals he will make his way down royal parade “for the first time in 10 years” and in order to make the finals Carlton don’t need any in fighting (and he strung together another 4 or 5 indiscretions he obviously still has from his time at the club). Cut back to Rob Waters who said something along the lines of Carlton treated Pagan poorly and Pagan is still talking up Carlton.

I turned the TV off thinking that the Pittonet news was somehow a way to get Pagan’s mug on the tele.

Last edited:
I wonder how Gibbo is training. Not much talk about the 36 gamer. Lock for best 22 and what he offers is invaluable.

The bloke is putting his hand up for more Mid minutes... Just not sure if he'll get them.

Would love to see him push his game to another level of consistency and kick a few more goals while he's at it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back