Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

When I see that stat line, it reinforces to me that, Jack Martin still hasn’t progressed from talented youngsters, to consistent AFL performer.
His numbers are too low for both a midfielder and a forward and I think many expected more. He showed in his first game kicking 4 goals what he was capable of, but then kicks 8 goals in his next 14 games, as a forward, it’s not good enough and if you’re playing midfield 13.5 touches a game isn’t good enough either.

He has all the tools, and I hope after a tough season football, family and life wise, he can take the next step.
I’m along the same thinking with his goals and possessions they really need too spike up, something in the vicinity of 25+goals for the year and 20-25 possessions per game particularly now that he’s seems like playing more midfield...
As far as he’s other stats his tackling, goal assists/envolments, I50’s, contested possessions and marking are very good and only need small rises in output...
Has it all just has to put it all together, i think more midfield minutes this year will be a huge benefit too him...

When I see that stat line, it reinforces to me that, Jack Martin still hasn’t progressed from talented youngsters, to consistent AFL performer.
His numbers are too low for both a midfielder and a forward and I think many expected more. He showed in his first game kicking 4 goals what he was capable of, but then kicks 8 goals in his next 14 games, as a forward, it’s not good enough and if you’re playing midfield 13.5 touches a game isn’t good enough either.

He has all the tools, and I hope after a tough season football, family and life wise, he can take the next step.
If Martin plays predominantly as a mid, he will average mid 20 disposals a game.
Agree - 25 per cent less game time in 2020 and players being heavily rotated makes those numbers a little misleading. I hope he plays more mid minutes this year as he is the class we want delivering into F50.

SPS isn’t to shabby when he gets a chance
Aside from that one outside of the boot kick to Gibbs in the Collingwood game years ago, I don't recall SPS doing this enough to give me confidence in him being a decent winger/mid.

Needs to become much more powerful and start gaining more metres to take the next step. He's too comfortable with the 10m kick and being average in an average side.

He didn't really play many games predominantly as a midfielder. Cats & Suns come to mind as mid games, not just a few rotations. He also had a couple of games where he went off early injured, one really early after 3 disposals and another was 10 disposals in 49% TOG, plus the game(s) right a the end of the season where he clearly wasn't 100%.

I'm not sure I'd pencil him in for 25 a game if he shifted to playing mainly mid, probably more in the 22-23 range for an average. But you know they'd be a good 20-23 disposals... lace out delivery into our 50...

EDIT: looking at last years numbers and forgot about the shorter quarters... his bigger games were 17-21 which converts to 21-26, so f*** it let's put him down for 25 a week on the wing...

Aside from that one outside of the boot kick to Gibbs in the Collingwood game years ago, I don't recall SPS doing this enough to give me confidence in him being a decent winger/mid.

Needs to become much more powerful and start gaining more metres to take the next step. He's too comfortable with the 10m kick and being average in an average side.
[

I agree my point was that up to 35 meters he can weight a perfect pass to leading forward
There hasn’t been many in our team that can do that
I personally hold a greater weight to effective disposals to any disposal
You can run 20 kick it 50 and kick it to opposition and see it fly past you on opposite wing for goal
Sorry I don’t believe he is happy being average in an average side I believe he will try and execute what ever he is instructed to by the coaches
I se him as a complete team player

He didn't really play many games predominantly as a midfielder. Cats & Suns come to mind as mid games, not just a few rotations. He also had a couple of games where he went off early injured, one really early after 3 disposals and another was 10 disposals in 49% TOG, plus the game(s) right a the end of the season where he clearly wasn't 100%.

I'm not sure I'd pencil him in for 25 a game if he shifted to playing mainly mid, probably more in the 22-23 range for an average. But you know they'd be a good 20-23 disposals... lace out delivery into our 50...

EDIT: looking at last years numbers and forgot about the shorter quarters... his bigger games were 17-21 which converts to 21-26, so f*** it let's put him down for 25 a week on the wing...

Looking at his numbers from his last two years at GC, gives a bit of confidence, that with longer quarters his output will increase, I’m not sure it’s going to all of a sudden increase to a higher output than at GC but he should get better.

He is great with ball in hand, like a few of our guys, just needs to get his hands on it more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m along the same thinking with his goals and possessions they really need too spike up, something in the vicinity of 25+goals for the year and 20-25 possessions per game particularly now that he’s seems like playing more midfield...
As far as he’s other stats his tackling, goal assists/envolments, I50’s, contested possessions and marking are very good and only need small rises in output...
Has it all just has to put it all together, i think more midfield minutes this year will be a huge benefit too him...

Don't get me wrong. I want this to happen but if Martin kicks 25 goals and averages 25 touches he'd win the brownlow. I'd more expect the same 18 touches and a goal a game.

Fogarty flying under the radar a bit.
Doesn't even get a mention anyones best 22 at this point.
I reckon he could prove to be an absolute gun.
There were many cats supporters that were very disappointed to lose him.
Skilled and tenacious.
Just watched the interview on Carlton's web page.
Seems well grounded, professional young fella.

Skilled and tenacious.

The Fog of War ... hard as a cats head.

Not a lot of talk about Sam Philp atm, hope he gets some early games, played very well in a practice game I went to last year (pies I think). Seems like a good one

Skilled and tenacious.

Reckon he's just a touch tricky to fit into a preseason best 22 given how little we've seen.

He's one of about 8 players I'd have in the mix for the last couple of bench spots. Not surprised if he makes the cut come round one, but reckon we end up opting for a few more experienced heads. Fog for Murph by mid year would be a good result.

Not a lot of talk about Sam Philp atm, hope he gets some early games, played very well in a practice game I went to last year (pies I think). Seems like a good one
Agree. All the talk seems to be around Durdin and Fog at the moment. Hope Philp, Owies and Honey can get some games too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back