Training 2021 Pre-Season Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back home from the game - Peel 15 goals to 8.

Overall a comfortable win to the peel boys and a number of freo boys stood out.

Valente was outstanding to 3/4 time then he did not appear in the last at all. I hope it was just because he ran out of tickets because he really showed something today. Some of the things he did were rather special. The kid is not the fastest around but he is quick between the ears.

Blakely had a good game but, as usual, was let down by his disposal. The bloke can be an asset in the clearances

Treacy after a good start did not do much in the 2nd half. I dont think he is ready for AFL yet. I reckon Hamling should be thrown forward.

Henry faded a bit as the game wore on but still did some good things. He took a very strong mark under the hammer in the third. The kid has some pluck. I think he should play next week. Has the proverbial x factor in spades

Chapman did not have a lot to do but what he did was classy. He is an exquisite user of the ball and seems to have plenty of time.

Colyer was good. Plenty of run and did his chances for next week no harm at all.

Western impressed me. He is lightning quick, burning off the opposition more than once and skills were very acceptable. Got better as the game wore on, Played a lot in the back half and I dont know why, A natural wingman. Just let the bugger run. He is also bigger than I expected. I was expecting a midget but he seemed around the 178-179 mark.

Thomas did not do much wrong at all. Very clean all day. I dont know how he is going to get a game though.

Dumin I did not notice much at all which sometimes, for a defender, is a good thing.

Wilson got better as the game wore on. Turned it over a bit early though. Looked like he needed to blow out some cobwebs.

Switta started well and then seemed to fade.

Tucker left the game early and must be in doubt for next week.

Cant think of anyone else. For me the highlights were the performances of Valente, Western ( 2nd half), Henry ( 1st half ) , Blakely and young Chapman when he had the chance.

Looking forward to next week I see a spot for Henry, Blakely, Colyer and Valente if he is match fit. If Valente needs another week then they might even give Chappy a debut.

To summarise I was very heartened by what I saw today. And we have Walker, Noddy, Sturt and Logue to make an appearance yet. The future is bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back