Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeka ain't small either

Just to clarify, when Sam Mitchell shouts out "Good Jeka" it's Ned Reeves running through and Jeka is afterwards.

Confusing for those not as familiar with the youngsters.

Just to clarify, when Sam Mitchell shouts out "Good Jeka" it's Ned Reeves running through and Jeka is afterwards.

Confusing for those not as familiar with the youngsters.
Thanks RB93, I had them confused. Reeves is no longer the "skinny" kid everyone talks about that is for sure!

FYI, I'm still on the Jeka train :)

Thanks RB93, I had them confused. Reeves is no longer the "skinny" kid everyone talks about that is for sure!

FYI, I'm still on the Jeka train :)

I didn't realise it was Reeves at first. He is developing a really good sized AFL body now. Adding size, but isn't getting too bulky so he can maintain any athleticism he has (I say that because i've never seen him play and move around the ground).

Ceglar had his first hit out for the year today. Body shape and size wise Reeves looks the same only taller. Has noticeably developed his strength. One of the drills was Ceglar and Reeves taking turns to compete a ball up drill where they have to body against Monkey. Reeves was really able to hold his ground and looked more aggressive in the contest. Has surprising agility when the ball hits the ground. If he can develop his around the ground marking he could be closer to a debut if needed.

Other senior players in attendance were Patton, Scully, Hardwick, Shiels, Hartley, Hartigan, Burgoyne, Impey, Bruest, Frost, Howe, O’Brien and Sicily.

Howe had a down day and didn’t join in with main group. O’Brien just did a lot of straight line running and will be fine to resume again when they return from Xmas break. Sicily just wandered around as a bit of assistant coach function during the different drills and trying to stay involved. Light knee bandage and seems to be walking fine. No sign of running on the track yet.

Pepper (groin) Cousins (thumb) and Nash (Shoulder) all did lots of running. Would imagine they will all be close to full training after the break. Nash and Tom Mitchell might be in non contact longer to make sure the shoulders are all good.

DGB, Brockman, Downie and Saunders all fitting in well. Downie joining in everything as he already understands all of the drills. The others doing most of the work but pulled aside from some of the drills for better explanation. S Mitchell another solid day on the bike.

Anyone know if there is training Thursday or Friday morning this week? Might pop down to have a look!
Check your inbox

By the time I got there today, the session had been run and won.

Although I can report that finally the HAWKS NEST has reopened its door for Christmas trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks like he could hold a lot of things.
And eaten them to boot.

i knew he was a solid unit but gee Hartigan looks huge compared to the rest of the squad. Either he has been putting in more work in the gym over the past 2 months or eating full forwards during that time. FMD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back