Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Noted that Gunston & Sicily were sitting up at the Kennedy statue with some of the coaches watching and yelling out instructions. Apparently they had a coffee related bet re. who's team would win. Not sure of the outcome.

Should have included that Jaegar seemed to play more of a wing/outside role and was sublime.

Also, the quarters were 7 mins and 29 secs in length. Weird.

Thanks Axe. I have a feeling Jags will play a bit on the wing and inside receiver with Wingard.
Try and cover the loss of our wings and allow Cousins to play inside with Worps & Tom. Thoughts?

For this to happen we also need some live wire presence up fwd.

Thanks Axe. I have a feeling Jags will play a bit on the wing and inside receiver with Wingard.
Try and cover the loss of our wings and allow Cousins to play inside with Worps & Tom. Thoughts?

For this to happen we also need some live wire presence up fwd.
Yep. definitely looks like there are plans to release Jaeger from the pure inside stuff.

Ed Phillips, Fergus Greene, Callum Porter and Vince Adducci were the Box Hill players. Ed Phillips was the best of the 4 today but they all gave something.

Ollie did some goods things were he showed off his pace and Moore laid a couple of good tackles that resulted in a turnover and goal.

Noted that Gunston & Sicily were sitting up at the Kennedy statue with some of the coaches watching and yelling out instructions. Apparently they had a coffee related bet re. who's team would win. Not sure of the outcome.

Should have included that Jaegar seemed to play more of a wing/outside role and was sublime.

Also, the quarters were 7 mins and 29 secs in length. Weird.
Jaeger needs to be that outside mid we need. Throw Finn into the guts to help extract the ball out. If we have both Jaeger and Chad playing a similar role we could do alot of damage and help make this midfield much better than it is.

Thanks as always for the reports Axe and Dutchy. Really appreciated.

Great to hear all the positive vibes coming out of training. It sounds like there's a lot of enthusiasm and hard work out there.

Cutting through all this, what's your feel for 2021. Who's really looking the goods to step up? Who hasn't performed or isn't taking the necessary steps forward in development to get a gig? Why won't we win the premiership this year? ;)

Why doesn't 2 rucks - 1 forward and 1 rucking work now like it did in our premiership years?
I know the game plan has changed considerably as the game evolves and our personnel (drop off) change.

Both Cegs and BB can take a mark and convert.

We did get to sub off one ruck for a fresh runner most games. Perhaps it suited us at that time

Has Will Day trained much so far? Reports always seem to have him on the sidelines this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Reeves, is his ruck work improving?
If he is close or on par with Cegs it seems a formality that he gets games this season with 2022 as the legitimate number 1 ruck.

No Gunston and Sicily, plus Patton and Scully out indefinitely. Is Mitchell under an injury cloud? We could potentially field the youngest team in Round 1 since 2007. That’s on top of losing Smith, Frawley, Henderson, Stratton and Puopolo in the off-season.

We could have 9-10 changes compared to last year’s round 1 team. :oops:

IN:
Hartigan
Phillips
Impey
?
?
?
?
?
?

OUT:
Smith
Stratton
Henderson
Frawley
Puopolo
Gunston
Sicily
Patton
Scully

When Sammy speaks, i can actually appreciate and relate to what he is saying due to the detailed responses he provides which relates back to the question directly. This is refreshing to listen to rather than being subjected to the scripted cliche responses which gets regurgitated throughout the football fraternity amongst most players and coaches.

Clarko and co can be guilty of this at times as well.

After listening to that interview i now know a lot more about Kozi the player.

On Reeves, is his ruck work improving?
If he is close or on par with Cegs it seems a formality that he gets games this season with 2022 as the legitimate number 1 ruck.
His ruck work is definitely improving. He is getting better at using his big frame to good effect and he is showing aggression, but he is some way off Ceglar yet. Cegs has had an excellent preseason so far. He doesn't look to be hampered by injury of any sort. I've always been a fan of Cegs and i reckon he will be good for us this year. That being said, if Big Boy or Ceglar are injured I would much prefer to see Reeves getting a game if it came down to him or Brooksby.

With Jeka, Lewis and Kosi I wonder if once Gunston is back will we bring back the old Buddy’s box tactic that we tried in 2007 when we had Buddy,Roughy,Boyle and Dixon.

Has Will Day trained much so far? Reports always seem to have him on the sidelines this year.
Day didn’t miss a session before Christmas. Trained the first full week back including the 2.2km time trial and picked a very minor injury in the Friday match simulation. Was still training and getting work in but in the rehab group. Has missed the last two sessions with illness.

come on mate this isn't even close to true
Probably should of been more specific and said ceglar of 2020 because at his best he is very capable and a good player, but too many times last season he was playing scared of contact, would watch the man not the ball. Hopefully he can start performing again and can stamp out the inconsistency from his game.

Probably should of been more specific and said ceglar of 2020 because at his best he is very capable and a good player, but too many times last season he was playing scared of contact, would watch the man not the ball. Hopefully he can start performing again and can stamp out the inconsistency from his game.
Much better post

I'm glad they did a focus on Kosi because he has been in the top few out on the track in terms of performance. The most improved player in my humble opinion. He has really had a great pre season and i won't be surprised if he gets a gig this year in our forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back