News 2021 pre season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting looking at our team make up, now that Simpson and Dunc are unlikely to line up Round 1. Couple that with Taylor and Ablett out from last year's team and Blics moving back , and there should definitely be two spots free come Round 1. My money is on Clarky and (hopefully) Cooper.

Gives us this:

B: O'Connor, Blics, Henry
HB: Bews, Hendo, Stewart
C: I. Smith, Guth, Menegola
FO: Stanley, Danger, Parfitt
HF: S. Higgins, J. Cameron, Tuohy
F: Rohan, Hawkins, Miers
INT: Clark, Sel, Kolo, C. Stephens

EMG: Rata, Close, Atkins, Kreuger

Would not complain if we saw that Round 1. C Stephens first out once Dunc is back
Solid effort Shadow, very strong team. I am not sure if Cooper and Selwood (see ball get ball types) make for a balanced on ball mix, especially with Dangerfield. Just my opinion.

Chris Scott on Channel 9 said he'll be looking to play Danger more through the midfield this season.

Danger in the guts, Blitz down back - seems he's finally realising to go the next step we need to have our best players playing in their best positions. Better late than never I guess.
Both were used differently due to injuries though weren't they? Danger his groin and Blicavs due to Stanley's injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might just as well sit on the the ******* ground.I wonder how far the player with the ball will be allowed to deviate off his line before play on is eventually called.

I'm guessing it'll depend on the team. Richmond and Hawthorn players will probably be given about 15m. For us it'll be about 15cm.

Will this be on Kayo by any chance? Thinking of flicking foxtel for Kayo.
It’s only a club practice match so no it would be
The only official one we have is against Essendon.
As for Kayo, I got it when it first came out and ditched Foxtel
Best thing I did, if your a Telstra customer now it’s on $15 a month as it’s now aligned with the AFL
If you’ve never had Kayo I think you get a nice trial, in the past it’s been 3 months but now I think it’s either a month or a few weeks.
Highly recommended

NATHAN KREUGER
– A 196cm key position forward who has been pushed into defence for the 2021 pre-season.

“Nathan has been exposed over the last year-and-a-bit as a small defender, and he’s progressed really well in that space. He has been getting a lot of really positive feedback from the coaches. He had a mild ankle sprain early in the new year but he is back into footy as of last week.”

Nathan Kreuger was 196cm and 88 Kgs last time I looked.
Has he shrunk over the pre-season?

Interesting looking at our team make up, now that Simpson and Dunc are unlikely to line up Round 1. Couple that with Taylor and Ablett out from last year's team and Blics moving back , and there should definitely be two spots free come Round 1. My money is on Clarky and (hopefully) Cooper.

Gives us this:

B: O'Connor, Blics, Henry
HB: Bews, Hendo, Stewart
C: I. Smith, Guth, Menegola
FO: Stanley, Danger, Parfitt
HF: S. Higgins, J. Cameron, Tuohy
F: Rohan, Hawkins, Miers
INT: Clark, Sel, Kolo, C. Stephens

EMG: Rata, Close, Atkins, Kreuger

Would not complain if we saw that Round 1. C Stephens first out once Dunc is back
I am not ready to see the Joel Selwood name starting on the pine 😡😡😡😡

Nathan Kreuger was 196cm and 88 Kgs last time I looked.
Has he shrunk over the pre-season?

Depends on his athleticism and rebound. Give a little on ground balls to have a huge aerial advantage. Plus the flexibility to avoid being caught out when the opposition manages to switch our defenders around. Less chance of Bews and O'Connor being caught out with against a KPF.

Depends on his athleticism and rebound. Give a little on ground balls to have a huge aerial advantage. Plus the flexibility to avoid being caught out when the opposition manages to switch our defenders around. Less chance of Bews and O'Connor being caught out with against a KPF.
Krueger is no slouch below the knees. Kicks 50m easy for goal. If he hits targets from defence they won't be 15 m away.

Love SDK, Clark and Kreuger next. Add in Evans etc and its a very solid bottom 15.

Sorry for the intrusion pussies, but I'm trying to put my DT side together and would like to include Duncan however someone has told me he is injured. Can't see anything about it your website. Can anyone tell me where he's at?

Sorry for the intrusion pussies, but I'm trying to put my DT side together and would like to include Duncan however someone has told me he is injured. Can't see anything about it your website. Can anyone tell me where he's at?

Something came out the other day about the injury - https://www.afl.com.au/news/549767

You're also welcome to check out our injury thread which tends have the most recent info we've found about how the players are tracking - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-injury-thread.1253908/page-4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back