Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great posts, peeps - purple folks have class.

Journos: Duff and Rhino have different roles and styles. As West chief footy writer, Duffield needs a measured tone (especially as an acknowledged Freo supporter) and usually achieves it.

Ryan Daniels might support a Vic team for all I know but it doesn't matter, he's a natural reporter and a lively, spontaneous, gifted writer.

Pretty sure he’s a WC man. Remember vaguely talking to him at a backyard party once and he seemed like a good lad, but yeah from memory he was definitely cut from the standard Channel Seven cloth in terms of club choice.

Still can’t bear to watch Seven sports news in case I should have to listen to the big nose twat. Refuse to listen to triple M on my morning commute because of it too.

Reading the reports and watching highlights.

Backline consisting of Hamling and Cox as keys, Young and Ryan intercept. Conca lock down and rotating Wilson, Chapman and Hughes.

Aish and and Acres on the wings. Crowden putting his hand up for a spot in the 22.

Young Hamling Conca
Chapman Cox Ryan
Acres Fyfe Aish
Brayshaw Lobb Mundy
Henry Tabs Walters
Darcy Cerra Serong
Wilson Hughes Crowden Tucker

Pearce and Logue to miss out and not quite ready. Pearce will play some managed mins throughout the scratchies and some more via WAFL. Not sure how far off Logue is but he has been in a rehab for a while. Would really like to add Sturt to the forward mix but he is way off. Schultz unlucky and Switta needs some WAFL games but he will be handy when he is up to speed.

With Hughes and Wilson on the bench some freedom to rotate Chapman to wing and even throw him to HFF. Very excited by Chapman. Time for a cold shower.

Backline consisting of Hamling and Cox as keys, Young and Ryan intercept. Conca lock down and rotating Wilson, Chapman and Hughes.

Aish and and Acres on the wings. Crowden putting his hand up for a spot in the 22.

Young Hamling Conca
Chapman Cox Ryan
Acres Fyfe Aish
Brayshaw Lobb Mundy
Henry Tabs Walters
Darcy Cerra Serong

Pearce and Logue to miss out and not quite ready. Pearce will play some managed mins throughout the scratchies and some more via WAFL. Not sure how far off Logue is but he has been in a rehab for a while. Would really like to add Sturt to the forward mix but he is way off. Schultz unlucky and Switta needs some WAFL games but he will be handy when he is up to speed.

With Hughes and Wilson on the bench some freedom to rotate Chapman to wing and even throw him to HFF. Very excited by Chapman. Time for a cold shower.

Your team needs more Western bro.

Young Hamling Conca
Chapman Cox Ryan
Acres Fyfe Aish
Brayshaw Lobb Mundy
Henry Tabs Walters
Darcy Cerra Serong

I like this B22, still not 100% certain on Chapman playing round 1, but I would love him to, he's got all the talent to do it.

I like this B22, still not 100% certain on Chapman playing round 1, but I would love him to, he's got all the talent to do it.
I should point out that is how I see the team after the match yesterday. Crowden and Chapman are in for the moment. A month to go and will depend on availability. Alex Pearce might go and play a full game in the last scratchy against Adelaide and play a blinder. Darcy may not come up etc.

Young Hamling Conca
Chapman Cox Ryan
Acres Fyfe Aish
Brayshaw Lobb Mundy
Henry Tabs Walters
Darcy Cerra Serong

I like it, but Logue is too good not to be in this side when fully fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Chapman looks so much like Michael Johnson in that photo.

Does anyone know if next weeks scratchie against the dunger birds will be open to the public?

Ryan Daniels might support a Vic team for all I know but it doesn't matter, he's a natural reporter and a lively, spontaneous, gifted writer.

Ryan Daniels is 100% a West Coast supporter. He has said this many times on his podcast. You wouldn’t know based on his reporting and articles because he’s really really good at doing his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weitering: “We had some really good games and had a lot of tight contests and swings in games that probably didn’t go our way."

Yes, I can't think of any close game that didn't go your way last year... none whatsoever.

We must be within a month of Round 1 with the annual "Carlton with an eye on finals" puff piece so they can justify those prime time games only for it to all end in tears both for the Blues and the TV producers within a few weeks of the season starting.

About 25-30 of the boys are out on the track this morning. Big Darcy is doing a bit of agility work with a lot of strapping but no brace on his knee. Sturt running laps, Walker and Logue doing run throughs. Boys are now doing light handball over near the club rooms.. not sure if warming down or going back out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back