Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Check side is a SA term is it not? Who cares whether Lathlain is superior to Cockburn(Which it is I’m reliably informed)? There is pretty much zero correlation between training facilities and on field performance as evidenced by our move from the much derided Freo to the tinsel enhanced Cockburn.

So why aren't good people going for a kick there deliberately kicking holes into the ground?
Too far?
Oops, I just can't stand the scum
No water slide, I like the community involvement at Freo but the Lathlain facility is breath taking outside and in. The ovals are simply beautiful and you can have a kick on them. It is no real surprise considering the money they are rolling in.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just hope all the excitement regarding the Big Cahuna is on target..
Remember a couple of years ago when we all had simllar hopes for Mitch Crowden after his first per-season
Everyone including the coach were talking him up but then he found things hard going against the big boys
He has shown steady improvement since tho and will make it I think

Hopefully Josh comes on quickly

Almost as much hype around him as Ryan Murphy.

No water slide, I like the community involvement at Freo but the Lathlain facility is breath taking outside and in. The ovals are simply beautiful and you can have a kick on them. It is no real surprise considering the money they are rolling in.
But will they have an operational wave pool within walking distance similar & hopefully better than the Melbourne wave park ?

Every time you see Leno Thomas kick it just looks textbook perfect. Kid will probably never crack the 22 based on where he plays but I wish they all kicked like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time you see Leno Thomas kick it just looks textbook perfect. Kid will probably never crack the 22 based on where he plays but I wish they all kicked like that.

Have wondered for a while how he has held his spot while all around him were getting the chop. All I recall of his actual feats in open play was the smother or defensive play at the end of the Claremont v Peel colts game. Has he done anything else of note?

Have wondered for a while how he has held his spot while all around him were getting the chop. All I recall of his actual feats in open play was the smother or defensive play at the end of the Claremont v Peel colts game. Has he done anything else of note?
I think he's just one of those fast skillful NGA projects. In an alternate utopia the type that teams are filled with. In real life just likely to be another one thats too thin and unaccountable to make it. I just like watching him kick.

I’ve heard on the radio a few times that a number of players haven’t come back fit. (I know first mistake listening to anything on the radio) I’ve been to training and all the photos everyone looks in great shape & probably leaner than previous years.

The only ones you could possibly say were overweight might be Darcy & Conca but I think they are both in good shape but both don’t have body types which will ever be ripped like an Ethan Hughes.

Am I wrong?

True, but I'd put my house on Max Gawn being best on ground.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good thing we have Serong, Cerra ,Tucker, and some guy named Nat to gobble up Gawns taps. If it happens to get to a Dees player we have Brayshaw the Tacklor to shut them down. Meeks gonna have some good games and bad ones. But I’ll take our mids over a superior ruckman (but it would be great to have both!).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve heard on the radio a few times that a number of players haven’t come back fit. (I know first mistake listening to anything on the radio) I’ve been to training and all the photos everyone looks in great shape & probably leaner than previous years.

The only ones you could possibly say were overweight might be Darcy & Conca but I think they are both in good shape but both don’t have body types which will ever be ripped like an Ethan Hughes.

Am I wrong?

Not sure but I also feel like Sonny came back with a gut

I just hope all the excitement regarding the Big Cahuna is on target..
Remember a couple of years ago when we all had simllar hopes for Mitch Crowden after his first per-season
Everyone including the coach were talking him up but then he found things hard going against the big boys
He has shown steady improvement since tho and will make it I think

Hopefully Josh comes on quickly
I actually still reckon that mitch crowden will be a very good player. Sometimes it just takes players a while.

True, but I'd put my house on Max Gawn being best on ground.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sandi is not listed as a coach for the men’s team, he’s the woman’s team ruck coach, so the fact they have him rucking against Meek in the intraclub and during drills means two things.
First, there is some real doubt about Darcy getting up for round 1.
Second, this should be seen as a positive, that Meek is close to AFL standards and they are hoping with 3 weeks of rucking against Sandi that he’ll be up to the task of taking on Gawn in round 1.

Sandi is not listed as a coach for the men’s team, he’s the woman’s team ruck coach, so the fact they have him rucking against Meek in the intraclub and during drills means two things.
Second, this should be seen as a positive, that Meek is close to AFL standards and they are hoping with 3 weeks of rucking against Sandi that he’ll be up to the task of taking on Gawn in round 1.
They wouldn’t have kept him on the list for 3 years if they didn’t think he was near AFL standard. I have high hopes for him.

Sandi is the men's ruck coach. Jon Griffin is the women's ruck coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back