Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandi is not listed as a coach for the men’s team, he’s the woman’s team ruck coach, so the fact they have him rucking against Meek in the intraclub and during drills means two things.
First, there is some real doubt about Darcy getting up for round 1.
Second, this should be seen as a positive, that Meek is close to AFL standards and they are hoping with 3 weeks of rucking against Sandi that he’ll be up to the task of taking on Gawn in round 1.
That's a good point, that even though he hasn't played AFL yet, Meek has spent the last 3 years training against Sandi - who's always been called the hardest opponent to come up against by all the other opposition ruckmen. Meek will be more ready than most ruck debutants usually are come round 1.

I’ve heard on the radio a few times that a number of players haven’t come back fit. (I know first mistake listening to anything on the radio) I’ve been to training and all the photos everyone looks in great shape & probably leaner than previous years.

The only ones you could possibly say were overweight might be Darcy & Conca but I think they are both in good shape but both don’t have body types which will ever be ripped like an Ethan Hughes.

Am I wrong?
I was following the extra curricular training Darcy, Hamling and others were doing on Instagram with that personal trainer (with connections to the club) over the summer break. Darcy was working his arse off (literally). This would have to be the fittest he has ever been.

Did those cheating campaigners cheat their way into another win or did the Bombers get up?

Paddy Dow is apparently finally ready to rip the comp apart.
I think Carlton will be pretty good this year unfortunately if they can get some forwards on the park. Zac Williams into the midfield is just what they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Carlton will be pretty good this year unfortunately if they can get some forwards on the park. Zac Williams into the midfield is just what they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that on AFL.com.au alright. It is that time of year where every player is “training the house down” and looking “explosive” however.
Let’s see him do it in a real game first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't fall for pre-season hype. I watched a bit of the game yesterday and whilst I was watching the pressure was pretty much non-existent. I had to turn it off because it was non-contact football.

Similarly if Freo smashes it against WC either this week or next, read nothing into it. They are just scratch matches and will never resemble the pressure of real games.

Mason Wood kicking four goals tells you everything you need to know about pre-season games.

What happening with Valente, seems to have slipped back into the pack a bit in recent weeks, was he injured?

What happening with Valente, seems to have slipped back into the pack a bit in recent weeks, was he injured?
He is working through injury. Not far away though I believe.

The future is here!

Official 2021 Buddy of Kiara Bowers
Official 2021 Buddy Adam 'Cez' Cerra

Think his kid has been in hospital according to his Instagram. Might be due to that rather than B22.

I'd be shocked if Willo doesn't play Round 1.

By my count we'll be taking out 8 players for Round 1. (5 to get back to a squad of 22, and 3 to let Tabs, Darcy and Willo come back.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back