Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bog off Whiny Whateley, you crun-faced ninny stink. They'll probably be enough meddling with the fixtures throughout the season, let the fixtures sit as they are right now so people can make arrangements and not have to do everything on the f***ing fly. Vapid Victorian mentality. Someone give this tit a slap....

Yeah. He had a decent scratchie, and I loved his blistering run and kick into the forward line, but it is a bit of a rarity. I’m hoping to see the same from Henry, Western, Walker and Frederick. Zoom.

It was a good moment and shows that Colyer can still have impact if he finds open space. Albeit a scratch match which probably really brings it back down to earth!! But still, I'm not a Colyer bagger - if he plays I hope he does well and shuts a few people up. Pretty sure his ball use inside 50 was a big reason we started a comeback against the Saints last year in that infamous win :)

Also exciting and worthy of note that it was Treacy that handpassed the ball to him quickly in that sequence. That probably excites people a bit more than Travs' wheels!

Hey Gerard, it makes sense to have less teams out of Melbourne, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do or fair on the clubs who are booted.
If it’s about crowds, then it makes sense for Freo & WC to play all their games in Perth!
Makes sense, what a dick of a thing to say.

Players not selected for Sundays game are going to play for Peel Thunder this weekend who have a game against West Coast WAFL side.

Great news. Surely guarantees that we will have players playing in the WAFL this year instead of shitty 16 a side scratch matches

Last edited:

Piss off Whateley you VFL flog. Literally we get one game a season at MCG.
How does it make sense? Marvel is Essendons home ground, Melbourne's is the MCG. Freo rarely get games at the G.

Piss off Whateley, you truly overrated, irrelevant weak flog

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone who thinks bombing it to packs was the game plan doesn't understand football.

When we didn't move the ball quickly/well enough we had no other choice to bomb it long as teams would set up their zones. We looked best playing slingshot football from turnovers because teams didn't have time adjust defensively.

It was never about game plan, it was about having players that were skillful and confident enough to execute kicks that would break zone oppisition zones.

I don't know about anybody else but I cringe when I think about our ball movement under ross...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ball movement under Lyon was simple and smart until 2016 when the AFL enforced a stronger interpretation of deliberate OOB.
Are you sure?
Geez I sat at a couple of losing finals games at Subi in 2014 against port and 2015 against hawthorn and don't remember simple smart ball movement.

How does it make sense? Marvel is Essendons home ground, Melbourne's is the MCG. Freo rarely get games at the G.

Piss off Whateley, you truly overrated, irrelevant weak flog

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This wasn't about us. It was about the Dees always keeping their home games at the G even though it keeps other Melbourne-based fans away from the footy because they can't be accommodated at Docklands

SEN article about players in their 4th year ramping up their impact big time...

Brayshaw, Cerra, Meek, Crowden, Switta... (any hope with Banfield and Giro from the rookie list?)

It's not exactly an in-depth analysis but I tend to agree with the theory. Last year's 4th year players:

Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan... (and Duman on the rookie list) - they all looked decent when fit and available.

SEN article about players in their 4th year ramping up their impact big time...

Brayshaw, Cerra, Meek, Crowden, Switta... (any hope with Banfield and Giro from the rookie list?)

It's not exactly an in-depth analysis but I tend to agree with the theory. Last year's 4th year players:

Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan... (and Duman on the rookie list) - they all looked decent when fit and available.

It that’s the theory I can imagine Serong winning the Brownlow in 2023

Have any on here received the club email with membership details so we can book seats to the pre season game.?
I received an email today but it only stated membership packs would be dispatched in 4 to 5 weeks.

I don't know about anybody else but I cringe when I think about our ball movement under ross...
I think everyone agrees with that but if you actually think Ross Lyon told the players to bomb it long you've got rocks in your head.

It was down to training/execution not game plan at all.

I think everyone agrees with that but if you actually think Ross Lyon told the players to bomb it long you've got rocks in your head.

It was down to training/execution not game plan at all.

I think it was part of game plan.. if shallow target wasn’t clear then put it to a contest deep or close to the boundary line to create another contest.

I used to cringe when I watched it being practiced instead of opening up the forward line and hitting a leading target.

I remember Hogan being very frustrated by making clean lead ups and not being honoured over a deeper contest at top of the square.

So yes I believe it was part of the game plan that revolved around winning the contests, or halving the contest by putting it out of bounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back