Training 2021 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

That is not happening with North's social media team and I'm not sure if we'd be willing to give you guys the ability to stream it on our grounds (even if you wanted to)

Sounds like when I go to my mates house and it looks like a crack den, he won't let me take photos because he doesn't want people to see how he lives. I get it.

That is not happening with North's social media team and I'm not sure if we'd be willing to give you guys the ability to stream it on our grounds (even if you wanted to)
Disappointing. I guess if we are lucky, we might get a match report that says everyone was great within 3 days of the game being played.

Still a big fella, knees don't make a difference.

"knees dont make a difference"...

I assume you mean that being a forward or a ruck doesnt make a difference, either way i dont agree.

Its fine, you want to throw our best up and coming key forward into a spot where he is more exposed to risk and that he hasnt played much of thats cool, i dont.

Sounds alot like Robert Walls, i distinctly remember him suggesting anyone over 6ft who was having a quiet day have a "spell in the ruck" just to get hands on the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually wouldnt mind seeing DMac get another run at it.
After seeing the leap some players have taken under Ratts, it would be interesting to see if Dmac could do the same.
He has plenty of great attributes and I wonder if some of his perceived weaknesses were in part due to Cho (and Playfair) and his gameplan/ethos.

He strikes me as of a similar personality type to Billings; quiet, introverted, intelligent; the type that tend to overthink and be very much a 'confidence player'. There he was, already on the fringe, stuck playing a highly accountable (and typically low-posession) position that he didnt play as a junior, in a team who's coach is all about structures and playing not to lose.
Is it any wonder why he might have been low on confidence and composure?

I think if Ratts were to do his thing; build him up a bit, take some weight off his shoulders and let him utilise his skills, there might be potential for him to become a consistent, solid contributer.
I mean hes on the list for another two seasons and wasnt ever (/often) an ouright liability. Might as well make the most of it and see what he's got to offer after being un-Cho'd?

On the other hand, I have plenty of man-love for JWeb so maybe the D-Train can stop at another station....

I actually wouldnt mind seeing DMac get another run at it.
After seeing the leap some players have taken under Ratts, it would be interesting to see if Dmac could do the same.
He has plenty of great attributes and I wonder if some of his perceived weaknesses were in part due to Cho (and Playfair) and his gameplan/ethos.

He strikes me as of a similar personality type to Billings; quiet, introverted, intelligent; the type that tend to overthink and be very much a 'confidence player'. There he was, already on the fringe, stuck playing a highly accountable (and typically low-posession) position that he didnt play as a junior, in a team who's coach is all about structures and playing not to lose.
Is it any wonder why he might have been low on confidence and composure?

I think if Ratts were to do his thing; build him up a bit, take some weight off his shoulders and let him utilise his skills, there might be potential for him to become a consistent, solid contributer.
I mean hes on the list for another two seasons and wasnt ever (/often) an ouright liability. Might as well make the most of it and see what he's got to offer after being un-Cho'd?

On the other hand, I have plenty of man-love for JWeb so maybe the D-Train can stop at another station....
He absolutely was (and is) an outright liability. Least reliable player in the list with or without ball in hand.

I think Max King will shoulder a lot more ruckload this season especially with Marshall’s situation.

Good point. He did a fair bit of forward 50 ruckwork last year even w ryder and roma in the team.

Ratts will want to keep adding that string to his bow this year you'd expect, all the moreso when if/when mckernan or new ruck guy are in.

Not playing Carlisle will be to St.Kilda's detriment. Simply better with him in the team. If he's not playing at the start of the season then he'll be back in the team (barring injury) by round 4.

With a fit frawley in the mix I dunno about that.

Frawley FB + Doogs CHB could well be a decent improvement on the jake doogs combo.

Dougal has all the tools to be a dominant AA CHB and frawley is the best FB on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back