Training 2021 Pre-Season

Hope they keep the video up afterwards so I can watch a replay, I'll be in the office unfortunately

Sorry mate, someone asked this on the facebook announcement post and the Saints rep replied saying they couldn't keep it hosted unfortunately.
If I were at home I'd be recording it but unfortunately not.

1614062801941.png

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ratten in his interview about the intraclub: "sinclair really good, best on ground actually"

sinclair might surprise a lot of us who left him out of the best 22
From the game I saw Sinclair is best 18
Excellent interview with Ratts.

Great to hear him say that Hanners has "turned the corner" and seems to be legitimately in our plans for R1. If they are seriously considering playing him in the praccy game v Carlton 16 days out from R1 you'd think he's either playing R1 or R2, barring any further setbacks.

Also loved hearing him speak so glowingly about how Sincs went in the intra club game. Not just the fact he said he was "outstanding", but the way he said it, with such emphasis. He really meant it.

Have always scratched my head a bit as to why he hasn't been able to put it all together consistently, but if he does this year we'll definitely be better for it.

The return to 20 min quarters and the reduced rotations ought to help him. Just has that touch of class and ability to make good things happen.

Plus that haircut!

We're going to have some serious running and ball getting ability if we have all of Steele, Crouch, Hill, Gresh, Hanners, Seb, Jones, Billings, Clark, Coff, Sincs, Higgo and Butts in the side at one time.
isnt it amazing that Ross has gone from our best mid to like 8th best in essentially 2 seasons. Amazing work from Gags and the team

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
isnt it amazing that Ross has gone from our best mid to like 8th best in essentially 2 seasons. Amazing work from Gags and the team
His form has dropped right off though.

At his best he made an AA squad, was 8th in the coaches votes, got 14 Brownlow votes and had 10 coaches votes games when going head-to-head with both Dangerfield and Dusty, so it's not like we have 6 or 7 guys who are better than that.

We need Seb to get back to playing that sort of footy.

It is a good thing for us, the clubs drafting from 2016-today has been a hell of a lot better then the years 2009-2015

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
His form has dropped right off though.

At his best he made an AA squad, was 8th in the coaches votes, got 14 Brownlow votes and had 10 coaches votes games when going head-to-head with both Dangerfield and Dusty, so it's not like we have 6 or 7 guys who are better than that.

We need Seb to get back to playing that sort of footy.
I think it’s a combination of a few factors. In Seb’s peak form, he was the number one or two mid, got permanent midfield minutes and we had a system that was conducive to midfielders racking up huge numbers. He was very proficient in that role and excelled with the responsibility. It’s changed a fair bit though. He isn’t a top two midfielder anymore. Steele, Gresham and Jones all were preferred over him last year and now Crouch will be too now.

We also play a far more direct style now. There is much less flicking the ball round between the mids and much more targeted movement towards the forwardline.

I think Seb has plenty to offer, but it won’t be in the same way he did in the 2017-19 years. He’s going to have to find a way to impact as a wing/half back/rotating midfielder/tagger.

1614072807795.png

It's either Roberton or a Paton body double, and I'm leaning the latter. I count 41 players in the photo which is a full head count for our list less 1. From left to right I make out:

TOP : Jones - McKenzie - Coffield -Wood - McLeod-Allison - Battle - Webster - Crouch - Dunstan - Kent
STANDING: Joyce - Highmore - Clavarino - Hunter - Marshall - Alabakis - King - Carlisle - Ryder - McKernan - Frawley
SEATED: Butler - Hill - Wilkie - Howard - Steele - Ratten - Geary - Membrey - Billings - Ross - Hannebery
SITTING: Lonie - Long - Byrne - Connolly - Clark - Bytel - Sinclair - Higgins - Gresham - Mystery Man

1614074094637.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Max King of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074147516.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Jade Gresham of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074198955.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Jack Steele of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074238038.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Hunter Clark of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074259654.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Rowan Marshall of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074290229.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Brett Ratten, Senior Coach of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074323088.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Dan Butler of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074356635.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Dan Hannebery of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1614074378048.png

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Bradley Hill of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

How does one go about recording a livestream?

You can use a program like OBS to record a window or portion of the screen. It's not the cleanest method but it works. You need to be careful not have it record your mouse, other programs or sounds while you're at it, too.

Once I was recording something when I received a facebook message in the background. Playing it back and editing the video later, I thought I was going crazy getting messages over and over that were never there...

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
I am a big Sinclair fan. But he's never really been a high producer. Quality for sure. Whether it was a role he was given....or in Jack Dyer parlance 'going where the ball 'aint'.....it's hard to say.

I put him in my Supercoach team late last season and he always did middling numbers. In one game right at the end of the season (can't remember which) he had very low numbers. I was moaning and groaning....and suddenly he racked up a 50 point quarter. A big quarter no matter which way you look at it. Out of nowhere. He'd been put at half-back and really got the team driving forward. Next quarter he was forward and hardly got a touch. He's definitely got it in him.

Maybe he needs someone to help inject him into the game. Could Crouch be that guy? Feed him the ball a bit more. He's quick, great vision, and he is usually quality with his delivery. Just hasn't been consistent. Fingers crossed that Ratts uses him properly.

Last edited:
View attachment 1063847

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Max King of the Saints poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2021 Official Team Photo Day at RSEA Park on February 23, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

Thanks CF.
Max and Hilly look amazing! I love the dramatic lighting!

Back