Training 2021 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Morning Sainters. I haven't posted often during the off season, but, with the new season fast approaching, I thought I'd ask you guys how things are progressing. What are the main changes to the squad (any good additions?) and how are things shaping up for game one?

Cheers
Theres been a few injuries - Hanners and Jones might be right for round 1, Geary and Marshall will miss the first month (fingers crossed) and Paton is out for the year.
we just knocked North off by 90 points but probably can’t take much away from that.
Crouch is going to be great for us. It’s looking like James Frawley might take Carlisle’s spot, Higgins has slotted in perfectly, Wood looked good, Bytel was very good. Clark, Coffield and King are ready to go to another level.
In a nutshell, the Saints are a lock for the flag. Get on board!

Theres been a few injuries - Hanners and Jones might be right for round 1, Geary and Marshall will miss the first month (fingers crossed) and Paton is out for the year.
we just knocked North off by 90 points but probably can’t take much away from that.
Crouch is going to be great for us. It’s looking like James Frawley might take Carlisle’s spot, Higgins has slotted in perfectly, Wood looked good, Bytel was very good. Clark, Coffield and King are ready to go to another level.
In a nutshell, the Saints are a lock for the flag. Get on board!

Thanks mate. Locked in for the flag you say....finals again would be a good start 😉

Morning Sainters. I haven't posted often during the off season, but, with the new season fast approaching, I thought I'd ask you guys how things are progressing. What are the main changes to the squad (any good additions?) and how are things shaping up for game one?

Cheers

Yep us Euro & Brexit saints are waking up from a long slumber to our version of spring. It's been a strange winter, marred by nightmares of blonde mop-topped politicians bumbling like an incoherent stroke victim on PCP, and vampire like beaurocrats from Belgium banging on about having less fish, and over all supermarket food shortages, there was also something about cats transmitting Covid (or something to that effect...I stopped paying attention awhile ago) It's been an interesting ride, and the left over trauma will take years to clean up.
But now the sun shines and cares not of border lines, turf wars, or whatever the f*CK northern Ireland is meant to be.
What news do you have over there on your fair shores Australia?
Tell us all you know.
Cheers 🍻

I know this has been asked previously but a quick skim back through the thread didn't locate the question and answer. I scheduled in a few weeks off between jobs for a bit of down time and that includes getting along to Moorabbin to watch a couple of training sessions.

Are the main sessions always on the same days and which days are they? I recall they seem to start around 9:30am, but that's all I am across right now.

Thanks in advance folks......

I know this has been asked previously but a quick skim back through the thread didn't locate the question and answer. I scheduled in a few weeks off between jobs for a bit of down time and that includes getting along to Moorabbin to watch a couple of training sessions.

Are the main sessions always on the same days and which days are they? I recall they seem to start around 9:30am, but that's all I am across right now.

Thanks in advance folks......

Wednesdays and Fridays around 10 is best bet. Maybe Tuesday this week for a Thurs game.
Ring the club.

Yep us Euro & Brexit saints are waking up from a long slumber to our version of spring. It's been a strange winter, marred by nightmares of blonde mop-topped politicians bumbling like an incoherent stroke victim on PCP, and vampire like beaurocrats from Belgium banging on about having less fish, and over all supermarket food shortages, there was also something about cats transmitting Covid (or something to that effect...I stopped paying attention awhile ago) It's been an interesting ride, and the left over trauma will take years to clean up.
But now the sun shines and cares not of border lines, turf wars, or whatever the f*CK northern Ireland is meant to be.
What news do you have over there on your fair shores Australia?
Tell us all you know.
Cheers 🍻
Tell me about it mate: I was telling my mates in Australia on a call yesterday that, up here in Sweden, living in the forest and working from home all winter, I felt like I was in my own weird version of “The Shining” (minus the family killing of course).

But as you say, the sun is out, it is March tomorrow, and the footy is back very soon. Thank god this winter is behind us.

Tell me about it mate: I was telling my mates in Australia on a call yesterday that, up here in Sweden, living in the forest and working from home all winter, I felt like I was in my own weird version of “The Shining” (minus the family killing of course).

But as you say, the sun is out, it is March tomorrow, and the footy is back very soon. Thank god this winter is behind us.

I have some great mates in Sweden from my archaeology days, wonderful people once you break through their - at times - austere exteriors. How do you find living there?

I have some great mates in Sweden from my archaeology days, wonderful people once you break through their - at times - austere exteriors. How do you find living there?

It’s pretty good living here: good standard of living, basically just the winters that are a struggle with the darkness more than anything. Add COVID and working on home for months at a time and it was definitely the toughest winter to get through since I moved here.

I’m sure this winter was no picnic in Ireland or the rest of Europe either. So glad to see the back of it, with vaccinations not far off, I think we are past the worst of it.

It’s pretty good living here: good standard of living, basically just the winters that are a struggle with the darkness more than anything. Add COVID and working on home for months at a time and it was definitely the toughest winter to get through since I moved here.

I’m sure this winter was no picnic in Ireland or the rest of Europe either. So glad to see the back of it, with vaccinations not far off, I think we are past the worst of it.

I'd say Sweden will be far better organised and efficient compared to the Irish when it comes to the jabs. It's only just beginning over here...with quite a bit of confusion. Anyway dude, keep on keeping on.
Saints are looking good, watched the practice match on YouTube...worth the elevated excitement levels 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a long winter here in Scotland too but the weather has just turned for the better. Spring-like today. Birds back making nests etc.

I had my first vaccination last Friday. Really got to get down to Australia soon as my Mum is 87 and it is well over a year since I’ve seen my family. Hopefully Australia gets cracking with the vaccinations ( and people take them up). Have a distant hope I’m down for August and can see our boys play live.

out of the whole gws team Riccardi scares you?

mummy better hold your hand when we play Geelong then 😂

Ricciardi looked about their only positive last year. He isn't being noticed because he's hidden up there and only played the 9 games but he is tracking better than Max King so far. He's worth being a little scared of, same age as King and started his footy in the same year.

Ricciardi looked about their only positive last year. He isn't being noticed because he's hidden up there and only played the 9 games but he is tracking better than Max King so far. He's worth being a little scared of, same age as King and started his footy in the same year.

I think I'll wait to see how Ricardi performs as the main man in the GWS forward line when he's attracting the best defender plus support every week.

Relax; the guy’s just a big harmless goofball 😎

fBC1ENU.jpg

I’d say Jones is highly likely to be right for round one. The Age reported that he’s pushing for the Blues practice game but the club will probably be cautious. Given the 17 day break between the practice game and round one, Jones should easily be right for GWS.

The issue is then for how long will he be right?

Did he have hammy issues at the swans?

We have a few that need very considered load management. Ryder, Hanner, Jones spring to mind.

They likely are 3-4 games then rest week players, I hope were taking that into account, i must admit seeing us flying on the track and also having soft tissues in March is a concern, the season is a marathon not a sprint, we dont want to be peaking and pushing too hard now.

Yeah they’re definitely a concern. I think he might’ve had a couple at least at Sydney. I think it’s four since he’s come over to us in a short period of time.
Fifth hammy inside of two years for Jones according to Mitch Cleary.

Geez we love the broken down ones from Sydney
Clubs have both really benefited from our dealings over the years though, haven't they?
Plugger, Hall, O'Brien that way. Schneids, Dempster, Membrey our way.
Loaning them Jayson Daniels for a couple of years.
Now Hanners/Jones.
Who have I missed? Can't count Spider or Hickey of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back