Teams 2021 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking with many people having debates about a few players what they will average this year. Maybe we could have a competition called under/over it would be pretty simple for example Jye Caldwell we could have under/over 85. If we did that with say 10 players and whoever picks the most correct wins but in case of a draw we have to nominate just 1 player from the list and pick their highest score for the year. Any thoughts?

Just thinking with many people having debates about a few players what they will average this year. Maybe we could have a competition called under/over it would be pretty simple for example Jye Caldwell we could have under/over 85. If we did that with say 10 players and whoever picks the most correct wins but in case of a draw we have to nominate just 1 player from the list and pick their highest score for the year. Any thoughts?
Sounds fun, I'm keen as.

I say 1 player from each team, so 18 total.

We can start a thread outling the player, the over/under score, then everybody can reply with their answers.

We'll keep a record of users and their responses in a table in the thread.

Winner gets a badge?

WaynesWorld19 Jiska thoughts?

I'm happy to help with organising (coming up with the over/under figure, updating the table, etc)

Sounds fun, I'm keen as.

We can start a thread outling the player, the over/under score, then everybody can reply with their answers.

Winner gets a badge?

I'm happy to help with organising (coming up with the over/under figure, updating the table, etc)
Sounds like fun ....I think we could do it by way of a poll , if we can see each posters votes ....would make the job of collating votes easier

Also you'd have to cut voting off ....this is the most difficult aspect, as those who vote R1 will be at a disadvantage against those who vote R10, with more data at hand

Considerations for more discussion
Handling of injuries

Rather than a season long vote ....how about weekly comp of 18 players as discussed. Round winners would go into a final playoff

Just thoughts for discussion ....I'm not locked into any thought

Sounds fun, I'm keen as.

Winner gets a badge?

Sounds good :thumbsu:

I think quite a few nominees will be players at new clubs like Caldwell,Fantasia,Phillips then maybe players like Rowell and Dunks could be good ones.

Sounds like fun ....I think we could do it by way of a poll , if we can see each posters votes ....would make the job of collating votes easier

Also you'd have to cut voting off ....this is the most difficult aspect, as those who vote R1 will be at a disadvantage against those who vote R10, with ore data at hand

Considerations for more discussion
Handling of injuries

Rather than a season long vote ....how about weekly comp of 18 players as discussed. Round winners would go into a final playoff

Just thoughts for discussion ....I'm not locked into any thought
How do polls work on BF? Can you close them? Can you make it so each user can only have 1 vote?

Probably easier to just start it this weekend, then close it on Thursday night, keep it locked all year. People can just use the thread for banter after that.

Even if we only small numbers, it'll be fine, as it'll mostly be the regulars.

I think that would be easier than doing it weekly, also people will lose interest doing it every week, especially if their SC side is doing poorly.

Regarding injuries: maybe anything long-term is just void? What's considered long-term anyway? Maybe 25% of the season, so 6/22 games missed?

How do polls work on BF? Can you close them? Can you make it so each user can only have 1 vote?

Yes you can timeline them ...yes you can restrict to one vote ....and something I haven't tried, but I think you can see how posters have voted

Probably easier to just start it this weekend, then close it on Thursday night, keep it locked all year. People can just use the thread for banter after that.

Even if we only small numbers, it'll be fine, as it'll mostly be the regulars.

I think that would be easier than doing it weekly, also people will lose interest doing it every week, especially if their SC side is doing poorly.
:thumbsu:

With Coaches rushing to complete teams for R1 .....how about we strat it straight after R1 finishes, and then up till start of R2

We can put the thread up to advertise the topic & process ....but keep it closed to voting, until R2

Thoughts ?

Sounds fun, I'm keen as.

Winner gets a badge?

Sounds good to me too :blush:

Yes you can timeline them ...yes you can restrict to one vote ....and something I haven't tried, but I think you can see how posters have voted

:thumbsu:

With Coaches rushing to complete teams for R1 .....how about we strat it straight after R1 finishes, and then up till start of R2

We can put the thread up to advertise the topic & process ....but keep it closed to voting, until R2

Thoughts ?
Round 1 will cloud judgement though haha

ps. I just mucked around with a poll, this might be an option. Not ideal, but might be the best way. So you'll have 36 possible responses, and 18 max selections. As long as nobody trolls, it should work
1615530407823.png

Round 1 will cloud judgement though haha

ps. I just mucked around with a poll, this might be an option. Not ideal, but might be the best way. So you'll have 36 possible responses, and 18 max selections. As long as nobody trolls, it should work
View attachment 1075925
Give us your players .....not too easy like Dangerfield :D

Give us your players .....not too easy like Dangerfield :D

Adelaide - Rory Sloane U/O 95
Brisbane - Joe Daniher U/O 77
Carlton - Paddy Dow U/O 70
Collingwood - Jordan DeGoey U/O 90
Essendon - Jye Caldwell U/O 85
Fremantle - Hayden Young U/O 70
Geelong - Jeremy Cameron U/O 85
Gold Coast - Matthew Rowell U/O 100
GWS - Matt Flynn U/O 70
Hawthorn - Tom Phillips U/O 90
Melbourne - James Harmes U/O 83
North Melbourne - Luke Davies-Uniacke 92
Port Adelaide - Ollie Wines U/O 106
Richmond - Shai Bolton U/O 90
StKilda - Hunter Clarke U/O 90
Sydney - Jake Lloyd U/O 116
West Coast - Liam Duggan U/O 92
Bulldogs - Adam Treloar U/O 109

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice idea but sounds very complicated haha

maybe just 1 player each week and O/U vs SC predicted score Eg: R1 Adelaide, R2 Brisbane player etc...

make it last man standing. You get it wrong you’re out

or if you get it right then 1pt. Most points at seasons end wins

We might be making this too complicated for no reason 🤣

New idea: Just use this thread to post your predictions for 2021. Keep it open for the banter, then at the end of the season people can reply and s**t talk.

I suppose this thread is similar? https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/locks-pods-2-smoking-breakouts.1257694/
Maybe just add "2021 predictions" in brackets in the title ahahaha

I’ll get a start on it. See predictions below.

Adelaide - Rory Sloane Under 95
Brisbane - Joe Daniher Under 77
Carlton - Paddy Dow Over 70
Collingwood - Jordan DeGoey Over 90
Essendon - Jye Caldwell Over 85
Fremantle - Hayden Young Over 70
Geelong - Jeremy Cameron Over 85
Gold Coast - Matthew Rowell Under 100
GWS - Matt Flynn Over 70
Hawthorn - Tom Phillips Over 90
Melbourne - James Harmes Over 83
North Melbourne - Luke Davies-Uniacke over 92
Port Adelaide - Ollie Wines Under 106
Richmond - Shai Bolton Under 90
StKilda - Hunter Clarke Under 90
Sydney - Jake Lloyd Under 116
West Coast - Liam Duggan Under 92
Bulldogs - Adam Treloar Under 109

Gawn, Lloyd and Neale all won't be #1 for their positions in 2021.

giphy.gif

to Gawn and Lloyd

Neale might not be

De Goey will score 200 this season

Gawn and Grundy will finish with a similar average, say +-3

Butts will play 22 games and average 75-80, making him the best rookie of 2021

Dow will score 130+ once

Daniher will kick 8-10 goals in one game, giving him a score somewhere between 150 and 200

Ziebell will play less than 10 games this season (still starting him)

One of Cripps or Walsh will average 90, the other will average 110

Rowell will play under 15 games this season and average under 100

Caldwell will average 80-89, won't play 22 games

Danger will average 117-125

De Goey will score 200 this season

Gawn and Grundy will finish with a similar average, say +-3

Butts will play 22 games and average 75-80, making him the best rookie of 2021

Dow will score 130+ once he starts playing darts

Daniher will kick 8-10 goals in one game, giving him a score somewhere between 150 and 200

Ziebell will play less than 10 games this season (still starting him)

One of Cripps or Walsh will average 90, the other will average 110

Rowell will play under 15 games this season and average under 100

Caldwell will average 80-89, won't play 22 games

Danger will average 117-125

Fixed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back