Game Day 2021 preseason game 1 Richmond vs Colonwood, 7:25pm Friday 5/3, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the guys looked very fit. Dusty is back to 2017 fitness, Broady has a completely different body shape, Macca is just skin, muscle and bone. Even Caddy looks like he’s finally learned how to run. If we can get through the early rounds without soft tissue injuries then it’s been amazing work by the fitness staff and players to turn up for round 1 in this shape.

Only got to watch bits an pieces last night. Watched it all this morning. Couple of points for me

- Dusty is locked in. Chased hard.
- Really impressed with CCJ. Hes miles ahead of Chol IMO be it ruck or up forward
- Chol's best hope now is as a key defender. Let the forward lead him to the ball then use his athleticism to spoil and attack
- Absolutely love the fact Dusty and Jack and others came in to stick up for Chol once Cox gobbed off after getting a freebie. Brilliant from the experienced leaders
- Every player getting around CCJ after his first goal was brilliant. Just goes to show how close a team we are
- Really hope Eggy gets a gig................somewhere else. He looked great last night, still think hes deficient in a few areas but hes good enough to play AFL somewhere.
- RCD didnt look out of place. Might be a bit more time in the VFL but hes looked promising atleast

Im sure there are more that will come to mind. We look engaged early though which is good. Cant wait for the real stuff to start

Some of the guys looked very fit. Dusty is back to 2017 fitness, Broady has a completely different body shape, Macca is just skin, muscle and bone. Even Caddy looks like he’s finally learned how to run. If we can get through the early rounds without soft tissue injuries then it’s been amazing work by the fitness staff and players to turn up for round 1 in this shape.

Graham looks trim af too...

Jack Graham that is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kayo app worked seamlessly last night on my samsung tv never got out of 1080p
Worked well for me although I’m pretty dirty about Telstra dropping the live pass

The unmetered data when streaming the AFL was awesome especially at work

Interesting to see both Caddy and surprisingly Pickett start at times in the back 6 with centre bounces. I guess we have to cover Bachar potentially straight off the bat. With KMac able to assist there (like the GF), I wonder if both Caddy and Marlion will be rotating through defence round one? In a way rest one back a bit and rotate through the three as wingers? It’s a very damaging combination that will give huge drive all day. Egg would be the natural replacement for Bachar, but I think the other 3 offer more.

Riewoldt is one of the great forwards.
Great mark on the goal line when the defender had lost concentration.
When you think about it, one goal was the margin.
Jack is very clever, clever use of space, always thinking.
A great tactician, he could become a senior coach for us in future decades from now.
They played Caddy off half back in lieu of Houli, and Egg in a central mid quick hands role.

720p though

worth the $5 bucks for better quality
I had kayo anyway for home
It was more just for out and about I liked having the live pass

Yes. Kayo is superb.
They include the 2020 finals series.
Also the 2017 QF in the 2010s best matches.
Interesting how Geelong's tactics never change.
They kick long out of defence along the boundary to a group of three, then a quick shared handball, then a second immediate kick.
We lock them down across the wing.
They tend not to switch inboard, fearing a rebound, they like playing along the flank.

Last edited:
Yes. Kayo is superb.
They include the 2020 finals series.
Also the 2017 prelim in the 2010s best matches.
Interesting how Geelong's tactics never change.
They kick long out of defence along the boundary to a group of three, then a quick shared handball, then a second immediate kick.
We lock them down across the wing.
They tend not to switch inboard, fearing a rebound, they like playing along the flank.
might put the 2017 prelim on later

Gotta say was pretty happy with that hitout , at one stage was worried we re playing too well , not ideal peaking in March. Was curious how our defence stood up in light of rule changes and we were bang on, 23 intercepts at one point to 9 said it all . High possies last night as we looked to share it around, , run off HB on point shorty, Macca , Pickett (tidy ya disposal buddy) . Caddy a standout , we re a better side with him playing well. Plenty of upside with many just going thru the paces of raising a sweat, ohhh and egg must be listed , could easily come into the side and play a role. RCD , loved his endeavour , bit rough around the edges but plenty to work with , read same with CCJ , though I rate him ahead of chol who I wish we persevered in defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back