Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

·
18m

*Zac Langdon was running laps - at full tilt - has been dealing with a calf issue. *Josh Kennedy looks in great shape, best he's been at this time of year in a long while. Shannon Hurn also looking super lean. 3/3

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

Replying to
@FootyRhino
*Vic returnees Duggan, Gaff, Nelson, Brander back training with main group after quarantine. Witherden, Williams among others still in iso. *Duggan's mullet beyond help. Only thing more noticeable was his prominence in drills - got plenty of it linking through back/mid. 2/3

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

·
19m

Quick recap from
@WestCoastEagles
training today: *Elliot Yeo jogging laps with Jarrod Cameron. Slow build for both guys. *Luke Shuey watching on. He's being managed through pre-season - worth noting he came back two weeks early to train with young guys pre-Xmas. 1/3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played a great season. Highest scoring forward in the elim final (though had he kicked straight for one of his 4 behinds, we would have won). If he has similar form in 2021 we'll have a good season.
Nothing against JK was just an odd thing to say considering how much the media went on about his preseason last year.

Sounds like Jermaine Jones is giving it a red hot crack in 2021.

Dropped 4kgs, according to Simmo.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Sounds like Jermaine Jones is giving it a red hot crack in 2021.

Dropped 4kgs, according to Simmo.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
If I did an AFL pre season I reckon Id lose 20+kgs

Despite the unusual pre-season, including a later start and quarantine requirements, Simpson has been pleased by the motivation and physical condition of his players, keen to improve on last year’s elimination final exit.

“It’s hard to define because every season is a new one, but it just feels like there has been a bit of a gap now between 2018 and ’21,” he replied to a question about the squad’s ‘fire in the belly’.

“I feel like already there’s been a few different levers we’ve pulled in a week that we’ve been here. It’s a different feel and it’s exciting.

Looked at Jackson Nelson running around and thought he will only ever be depth.Yes hes got a bit of niggle but other than that hes not gone on with it.when i first saw his draft highlights i thought wow this guy looks a natural on his left.But he appears to have forgotten that.Mate using a left equally as good as your right can elevate you from ok to very good.He needs to sit down and watch a highlights package from S. Mitchell.Marking at half back;going back and banging it up the wing will not get you the kudos that whirling infield and using your left will.Nor is it the expected outcome and opens up the corridor.He needs to train relentlessly on his left as it is a huge weapon he has at his disposal;one he rarely uses.Im really surprised that the WCE coaching staff haven't gotten on his case.We recruited him with a certain skill set yet he leaves half of it at home when he comes to play.

Looked at Jackson Nelson running around and thought he will only ever be depth.Yes hes got a bit of niggle but other than that hes not gone on with it.when i first saw his draft highlights i thought wow this guy looks a natural on his left.But he appears to have forgotten that.Mate using a left equally as good as your right can elevate you from ok to very good.He needs to sit down and watch a highlights package from S. Mitchell.Marking at half back;going back and banging it up the wing will not get you the kudos that whirling infield and using your left will.Nor is it the expected outcome and opens up the corridor.He needs to train relentlessly on his left as it is a huge weapon he has at his disposal;one he rarely uses.Im really surprised that the WCE coaching staff haven't gotten on his case.We recruited him with a certain skill set yet he leaves half of it at home when he comes to play.
Thought he improved a lot last season tbh. Doing perfectly well for a pick 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back