Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brander didn't make the cut for the Prac Match!?
Anyone hazard a guess what this is about?

I think it is just Simmo wanting to blood some a couple of the newbies, (Winder & Trew) and carrying 3.5 rucks. A few have to make way.

He had a strong game last week, and from all reports played a dominant game (5 shots on goal) in the WAFL scratchie, and was amongst the best on the ground in the intra club.

He's put himself in a good position for a call up for round 1.

Castore still havent delivered on the new jumpers, so newbies/players that changed numbers don't have their jumpers yet...I think.
Imagine being a company that would have been pushing their product to a massive client like WCE for years, you finally win the contract and then cant get your s**t together to produce a mere 43 units? If you were the BD guy that won that contract you would be ready to go full Rambo on operations.

Re: Brander missing simple set shots even in a practice match. Queries over the mental side of the game? He obviously has a lot of talent.

It's certainly seems like he has missed a few gimmies, but 5 shots on goal is impressive in my book, and his last 3 outings this pre-season in the intra club and the two practice matches feel like big steps forward for him in his wing/HHF role.

Winder and Trew are part of a 26 man team for the derby so unlikely they’ll get much TOG

Might explain why Brander (and Ainsworth/Achee) played today as the want to get some minutes into them

It's certainly seems like he has missed a few gimmies, but 5 shots on goal is impressive in my book, and his last 3 outings this pre-season in the intra club and the two practice matches feel like big steps forward for him in his wing/HHF role.

He is noticeably better as a forward than as a midfielder. I hope he gets a decent run at it this year.

Winder and Trew are part of a 26 man team for the derby so unlikely they’ll get much TOG

Might explain why Brander (and Ainsworth/Achee) played today as the want to get some minutes into them
Really excited to see Trew and Winder, so I hope that they get substantial minutes.

He is noticeably better as a forward than as a midfielder. I hope he gets a decent run at it this year.

I would agree with that point of view.

Some of that is to do with learning a new role, and I also think much of that is to do with the dead role that is the defensive winger that he is being asked to play, at times.

Obviously playing a role that he has played for many years growing up will be a more "natural" fit.

Long term, I see him being a forward in the mould of Jeremy Cameron. Good mark, great athleticism, can create mismatches all over the ground with his height and athletic attributes.

In 2 years time, the Oscar Allen/Jarrod Brander combination will be a fearsome 1-2 punch.

He's been looking good this year. I really hope he goes to another level, it would be awesome to end up with another good player from that 2017 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back