mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Listen to the Nest draft special with Trevor woodhouse.

Goes into great detail of players from 2000 onwards but delves into a lot of the young talent we have on our list currently. It came out Late October/Early November but he does talk about Cameron's groin issues and how deliberating it is and he just needs to get that fitness back but they are being careful.

Also talks about Xon, Edwards ( Has gone from 195cm to 100cms and a 100Kgs this pre-season) , Petch ( talks about his serious hammy) , Williams and a few others.
How do i listen to that?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
How do i listen to that?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That is all their podcasts.

Its a good listen as they get some guests in like: Embers, Guy McKenna, Callum Chambers & Trevor woodhouse.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Absolutely agree, that is a shamefully terrible time given the situation - and if correct it is by far the slowest that I have ever heard of at AFL level.

M.Newman's now infamous run in November 2012 was in a time of 9:36 - it was also the second 2km time trial conducted that day (his first run was in 8:13), and occurred just days after the nightclub incident that would sentence him to gaol.

He finished last in both trial runs and was well beaten by Worsfold on each occasion.

The two runs were won by Masten and Dalziell in respective times of 6:05 and 6:48. Newman was lapped by Dalziell during the second run.

If Cameron's time is indeed as bad as to be believed, then Newman's first run time in 2012 of 8:13 would have easily lapped him.

Cameron could arguably be in worse physical condition now than Newman ever was during his time at the club.

It also should not be forgotten that Newman was at the end of his first year in the system then, whereas Cameron is now entering his third preseason.

The difference is in 2012 the club publicly named and shamed Newman's performance, allowing the media to make a story out of it.

Cameron's issues on the other hand are being kept pretty tightly under wraps this year to avoid any unsavory media attention, which is probably a far better method of managing it for both the club and player.

Unfortunately it doesn't change Cameron appearing to be lamentably out of condition at training and that the majority of posters on this forum are likely to have a superior running capacity to what he can achieve right now.

What is that famous football saying.

Nothing is as good or as bad as it seems.

No one knows his fitness (injury) situation but the club. A few sticking in the boot here. How about we chill, it's January people. If he takes until mid season to break into the side after OP well that is what it is.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City

Anyone unlock this?

What ruck conundrum?
Harry Edwards could be an option given his height, but we NN, Allen, Vardy, Williams and Jamieson ahead of him.
Are there any injury concerns with any of our rucks?

Someone who can play key back and ruck. Has been a long time since we have had a player like that. Ryan Turnball is all I can remember

Unable to unlock the article, but presume the gist is precisely this.

Currently have been writing up some things that will go into the season preview - one of the biggest queries raised is in regard to this area with the second ruck being utilised through the defence.

Whoever plays as the second ruck will likely spend about 60% of their time on the ground outside of the ruck - in other words their primary role on the field will not be as a ruckman, and with Kennedy, Darling and Allen already up forward, it is unlikely they will be able to find a place in attack.

The issue comes to be could Williams play as a defensive spare down back for the majority of a game or could someone like Edwards or Brander play that defensive role and be able to contribute in the ruck?

2nd-Ruck-Options-2021.jpg

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Doesn’t Edwards have experience as a ruck?

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
DV probably still far off. Not doing a lot of contact training I'd imagine. I think the club already said they're not expecting him to play this year(?).
Really? Wow. He missed 2/3rds of 2019 and all of 2020.

I rate Venners just as much (if not more) than the next bloke, but if the club expects him to miss all of 2021, I'm very surprised he is still on our list. Even if it is only as a rookie.

Gee, I'd love to see him back though.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Really? Wow. He missed 2/3rds of 2019 and all of 2020.

I rate Venners just as much (if not more) than the next bloke, but if the club expects him to miss all of 2021, I'm very surprised he is still on our list. Even if it is only as a rookie.

Gee, I'd love to see him back though.

Considering he's missed most of his last 2 pre-afl years to injury and has now missed at least 2 years due to this injury and prior to that doing very little (other than showing huge athletic promise) he's done * all since his U16 year in wait for it, 2014.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
And a premiership medal around his neck :moustache:

From 4 possessions. He was an absolute liability whereby he was easily the worst player on the ground, had 4 disposals, 1 of which was a clanger and gave away a free kick for holding the ball. So in other words, about as useful as Petrucelle in the 2020 elimination final.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
From 4 possessions. He was an absolute liability whereby he was easily the worst player on the ground, had 4 disposals, 1 of which was a clanger and gave away a free kick for holding the ball. So in other words, about as useful as Petrucelle in the 2020 elimination final.
He had some useful 1% with pressure/tackling etc. Also set up a goal to cripps. Not a great game but wasn't a complete liability.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Bailey Williams hearing the news...
tenor.gif

Um....you are totally missing the point then.

If Bailey leads the ruck then who backs him up?

THAT's the conundrum.

We would be silly to back him up with a forward / ruck like Vardy as we already have too many tall forwards playing. JK, Darling, Allen and Waterman.

Jamison is too young.

Hence Edwards being considered as a defender / ruck.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Um....you are totally missing the point then.

If Bailey leads the ruck then who backs him up?

THAT's the conundrum.

We would be silly to back him up with a forward / ruck like Vardy as we already have too many tall forwards playing. JK, Darling, Allen and Waterman.

Jamison is too young.

Hence Edwards being considered as a defender / ruck.
Allen will probably still supporting NN as a pinch hitter next season like last year, so I'd imagine he'd be doing the same role when Williams becomes the main ruck.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Allen will probably still supporting NN as a pinch hitter next season like last year, so I'd imagine he'd be doing the same role when Williams becomes the main ruck.

How many team risk their #1 key forward in the ruck?

Would you have risked JK at his peak? No.

The opposition would target them with a knee to the leg and you just lost an irreplaceable kp forward playing 2nd ruck.

Remember how hesitant we were to risk McGovern in the ruck?

Pretty sure the club has realised this hence the Edwards talk.

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
In season or offseason? I bumped into him a couple times in 2019 but during xmas period. I bump into the freo kids every weekend in nov/dec.
Both, told me one time they seen him out late before a game and see him out regularly in season. Some or them mix in similar cirlcles

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
There was also a post from a Freo supporter on our board a few years ago about him attending a strip club the night before a WAFL final. Was hoping that it wasn't true.
If it is true that he spends a lot of time doing this sort of thing, hopefully he can turn things around and be more commited to his footy with less of the distractions when he needs to be.
The other stuff he can leave until the off-season and post-retirement etc I suppose.
Hope so, hes young but needs a good boot up the arse as a wake up call, Gov and Walters style i reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back