Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempering is fine but be careful you can OVER TEMPER one's expectations. This is BAD and can be harmfull to yours and others mental health, especially to younger fans who expect and demand instant gratification.

So please be careful....... ;) o_O:$:cool:
You heard Obeanie1Kenobi, RookiePick - temper your tempering.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Intra_club_practice_match_HLs.gif

That kick tho.

Fatty rules

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2008
Brussels
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd rather injuries hit in the tough start when we are realistically only 50-50, than when we face the mid table teams where we should beat them 60-40. We missed top 4 last year not as much because we dropped away games to Port, Brisbane and Richmond (in hindsight, a damn tough draw) but more because we lost to gold Coast and bulldogs.
OP didn't say tough start, they said though start. I guess I shouldn't be too tough though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Says a lot about Edwards in the ruck when Vardy of all people can jump all over him looking like Naitanui.
From all reports Vardy has had an uninterrupted preseason for what, the second time in his whole career. Would prefer Bailey getting games, but getting Vardy back to his late 2018 form would still a big improvement on wasting Allen in the ruck.

Yeah our luck and/or medical department really hasn't done our squad any favours this offseason.

As Keyser pointed out, i reckon this is one of the shittest overall pre seasons we've had. Feel like all our key players have missed due to one injury setback or another. Seeing very few of the stock standard AFL articles about X youngster flying on the track or Z veteran feeling as good as he's ever felt having completed an entire pre season.

Even some youngsters who have the opportunity to step up (Bailey, Jamieson) are injured.

Going to be interesting seeing how far off the mark we are vs Cockburn. Club could be folded come sunday.

Meanwhile the club is kicking goals when it comes to managing our website and the players on our list... 🤦‍♂️

1614127916337.png

Not only is that Callum... the bloke is literally wearing a Brisbane Lions guernsey, and this made it onto our club website.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Agreed, I'm genuinely more excited for this season than the last few. I'm not sure if it's just because last year was a complete disaster but west coast have a lot to be optimistic about. Witherdon and Langdon coming in, Jones essentially a new recruit too. Some very promising draftees will be getting a full year of development in the WAFL (hopefully). Sure the injury list doesn't look too good on paper but most best 22 barring Yeo should be good to go for round 1. Some tinkering to the game plan will also be an interesting watch.
Yes, I just want to watch some footy, been a long 6 months - I'll take it anyway it presents itself, tough draw and injuries included - and any improvements!?
Am sure I'll temper my temperance by round 6 and tamper with the adjustments to my early expectations...once the reality of oppo teams improvements and the covid travel agenda sets in?

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes, I just want to watch some footy, been a long 6 months - I'll take it anyway it presents itself, tough draw and injuries included - and any improvements!?
Am sure I'll temper my temperance by round 6 and tamper with the adjustments to my early expectations...once the reality of oppo teams improvements and the covid travel agenda sets in?

I couldn't get into it last year with the short 1/4's so this year im just looking forward to proper games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back