2021 Preseason Training - The Window Opens

Remove this Banner Ad

McCarthy reportedly not even showing up to training early today, clearly doesn't give a s**t and isn't up for it
I can confirm that Cam was spotted doing a run along the Kwinana freeway foreshore this morning. He had a good sweat up...at least 10kms would be my bet.

If there is no further games season I think it is only fair the pre season draft order remains the same as last year...Will give us another good prospect doing 2021 pre season

Yeh I was thinking this myself....
Been so much going on I’ve forgot - We haven’t traded away our first pick or anything have we ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If there is no further games season I think it is only fair the pre season draft order remains the same as last year...Will give us another good prospect doing 2021 pre season
I’m greedy - should be a draft lottery in groups of 6

Would think the draft would be pretty much a lottery anyway given the potential draftees will be largely unseen and they will be going off previous under age years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think the draft would be pretty much a lottery anyway given the potential draftees will be largely unseen and they will be going off previous under age years.
Yeah would be strange. Anecdotally I reckon that most of the eventual top 10 would be in the top 20 at this stage but the order could vary significantly. The bolters would also be nowhere at the moment. Could get absolute A level talent really late.

Would Love to Know if Taberner is spending the required hours in front of a set of goals. The biggest thing notable from the first game was his complete lack of self confidence in kicking for goal .He has suffered from confidence all his career and as Leigh Matthews says goal kicking accuracy is the most under rated skill a footballer has.This was so evident in our first grand Final.
Tabs this is your make or break season, get out there and do what's required or you will be wallowing in the WAFL ,Sam Sturt showed poise of a veteran in his first game.
Is Lecras spending time with Him?

Would Love to Know if Taberner is spending the required hours in front of a set of goals. The biggest thing notable from the first game was his complete lack of self confidence in kicking for goal .He has suffered from confidence all his career and as Leigh Matthews says goal kicking accuracy is the most under rated skill a footballer has.This was so evident in our first grand Final.
Tabs this is your make or break season, get out there and do what's required or you will be wallowing in the WAFL ,Sam Sturt showed poise of a veteran in his first game.
Sturt being a bit of a convert to football indicates that it isn't just about practice. Taberner may practice more than Sturt. The frustrating thing is there seems to be little improvement over the years.

It’s a mental weakness issue. If he is practicing then he needs to have someone or something trying to * with his head while doing it and come up with a technique to block the distractions out.

Good to see insta today of Wilson and Mundy out kicking in the park with their respectives. Being able to pick from almost the whole list by the time games start again will be very exciting to watch. Even Jesse seems up and about a bit after some good time away in the ocean surfing. I wonder if we'll look back on this break/circuit breaker as the best thing for Freo at this time. Get the injury list as down as possible, give JLo the time to adjust to the job and at least be discussing roles by videochat etc., let some of the players have a good think about their opportunities and build enthusiasm in the short term.

West Coast and Fremantle fans who try to attend trainings sessions face fines as Lathlain Park and Cockburn ARC become quarantine zones
Headshot of Josh Zimmerman

Josh ZimmermanThe West Australian
Sunday, 12 July 2020 8:20PM
Josh Zimmerman
Fans gatecrashing a West Coast or Fremantle practice session will be fined $1000 under strict quarantine arrangements put in place for the next fortnight.
Parts of both Lathlain Park and Cockburn ARC — the headquarters of the Eagles and Dockers respectively — will be declared quarantine zones during training sessions, with signs warning visitors to stay away.
Anyone caught ignoring the signs will face a $1000 on-the-spot fine. Serious offenders risk being charged with failing to comply with a direction, which carries a maximum $50,000 penalty or 12 months behind bars.
The same rules will apply to HBF Arena and Optus Stadium during practice sessions involving Collingwood and Geelong.
WA Police deputy commissioner Gary Dreibergs said Leederville Oval had been set aside as a third training area for Eastern States teams if required.
There’s a significant cleaning plan that’s been designed for each of the facilities and that cleaning plan is undertaken prior to and after they’ve done their training at that location,” Mr Dreibergs said.
“No one (besides players and club officials) is permitted to enter the training area that is in quarantine.
“And similar, those who are in the quarantine area are not allowed to leave when they are training. “It doesn’t apply to the whole precinct ... but it’ll be evident to anyone who attends what’s in quarantine and what’s not.”
The measures are among many conditions imposed on West Coast and Fremantle, as well as visiting AFL clubs and officials, in a bid to limit interaction with the WA community.
Eagles and Dockers players are permitted to drive their own vehicles between training and their homes — where they have been directed to self-isolate for 14 days from Saturday — but “must wear a face mask if available and practicable” when travelling.
They are also allowed to share lifts with each and other club officials also in quarantine.
While in quarantine, Geelong and Collingwood are only permitted to travel to training facilities and matches by “charter vehicle” — hired for the exclusive use of the clubs — and must also wear masks in transit.
Umpires will also have to spend a fortnight in hotel isolation, released only to practise and to officiate at matches featuring teams also in quarantine.
Mr Dreibergs said WA had a stricter hub regime than other States.
Police Minister Michelle Roberts said the measures were in place to protect West Australians.
“All of us love to get up close with our football idols and see our teams train but the most important thing (we have to do) is keep COVID out of the AFL,” she said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back