Discussion 2021 Pre-Season Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full Match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
*Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon (Eagles Highlights) (Dockers Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)

*still waiting for match videos.

1614428467803.png

Last edited:

I'm praying the masses keep jumping on the young lad :cool:

So we are just gonna ignore the tweet above that saying Daniher has kicked 3.1 from 5 set shots in a half?

Painful to say, but 🔒.

From GC Bulletin

Witts, Lukosius, Miller, Lemmens, Swallow and Anderson have been among the best in the first half for the Suns while recruit Oleg Markov has showed pace in the backline and penetrated with his kicks.

Will Brodie has acquitted himself well in the opening two terms, proving strong in the contest, running defensively and making good decisions with ball in hand.

Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - Coming soon
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Coming soon (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - Coming soon

View attachment 1066375

Added AFL Match reports for completed games.

The Brisbane Lions 15.12-102 defeat the Gold Coast Suns 8.7-55.

Daniher 4 goals, Hipwood 4 goals
Aisnworth 2 goals, Rankine 2 goals, Brodie 2 goals

Suns recruit Oleg Markov was impressive in the backline, showing pace while rebounding and using the ball well going forward.

Swallow, Witts, Jarrod Harbrow, Touk Miller, Ben Ainsworth and Sean Lemmens were among Gold Coast’s best while Will Brodie put in a good audition for a spot in the best 22, months after asking for a trade.

Daniher was among Brisbane’s best, along with Cam Rayner, Eric Hipwood, Callum Ah Chee, Harris Andrews and Hugh McCluggage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flynn = Fail
Blame SC boffins. If Jackson had Fwd/Ruck DPP as he should it wouldn't have happened.
Hard to fill 3 ruck spots with Demons when only 2 of them had Ruck status :)

Nice team but Round 14 is gonna be tough for you
Not for me. Gawn, Petracca, maybe Harmes and a couple of rookies will be all I'm likely to have. Hard to leave out Oliver though and May is great value. I can see a couple of Melbourne players being added after round 14 to complete my team as there seem to be some really good picks there. And that's coming from someone who usually avoids Melbourne players in fear of supporter bias.

Last edited:
Blame SC boffins. If Jackson had Fwd/Ruck DPP as he should it wouldn't have happened.
Hard to fill 3 ruck spots with Demons when only 2 of them had Ruck status :)

Not for me. Gawn, Petracca, maybe Harmes and a couple of rookies will be all I'm likely to have. Hard to leave out Oliver though and May is great value. I can see a couple of Melbourne players being added after round 14 to complete my team as there seem to be some really good picks there. And that's coming from someone who usually avoids Melbourne players in fear of supporter bias.
Are you planning on having 7 Melbourne players in you finished team?

Are you planning on having 7 Melbourne players in you finished team?
No, I can't see that happening. In the final team Gawn, Petracca and Oliver look pretty certain with Oliver an upgrade target. May would probably only be in the final team if I started with him, which is possible but unlikely and Harmes would only be there if I started with him and he turned out to be a keeper instead of a stepping stone which is 50/50. The rookies would all be traded out in paying for upgrades. So I guess 3-4 in the final team seems likely. Another possibility might be Lever who's intercept marking against Richmond yesterday was incredible. If he can do that more consistently this season he comes right into consideration. I'm unlikely to include him though.

Tom Green was good aswell.

So we are just gonna ignore the tweet above that saying Daniher has kicked 3.1 from 5 set shots in a half?

Painful to say, but 🔒.

This always happens.

Key position players get injuries playing in ball bag freezing melbourne on a concrete oval with a roof to keep the sunlight out. (lol sunlight in Melb)

Anyway they then go to Brisbane which is beautiful (last time I was there) and all those soft tissue injuries dissapear as you spend 80% of your waking life submerged in water thats warmer then the average temp of Melbourne in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back