Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor first quarter, great second quarter, good solid third quarter and lackluster last quarter.

Before the game I wrote I expected us to win by 5 to 8 goals but the lackluster last quarter, Bonner doing a hammy and maybe Marshall hurting himself with 30 seconds to go was a bit disappointing. We should have won the last quarter 5 goals to 2.

Boak brilliant. Gray changed the game in the 2nd quarter. Burton solid all day. Amon gave us plenty all day and Butters brilliant in patches. Edit Fantasia fantastic debut. Should have kicked 6.

Last edited:
Poor first quarter, great second quarter, good solid third quarter and lackluster last quarter.

Before the game I wrote I expected us to win by 5 to 8 goals but the lackluster last quarter, Bonner doing a hammy and maybe Marshall hurting himself with 30 seconds to go was a bit disappointing. We should have won the last quarter 5 goals to 2.

Boak brilliant. Gray changed the game in the 2nd quarter. Burton solid all day. Amon gave us plenty all days and Butters brilliant in patches.

I felt we were going to run out of steam with a lesser preseason and the sudden extended quarters + limited subs.

Will need some more AFL rounds to pick up fitness levels

Boak brilliant. Gray changed the game in the 2nd quarter. Burton solid all day. Amon gave us plenty all days and Butters brilliant in patches.
What happened to Marshall ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is by far and away the best squad we have ever had in the AFL

Premiership team had more top end, maybe, but this bats infinitely deeper.

Allbeit I'm not including Primus and Francou for being no shows.

Opening round.

Victoria starved of football for an entire season.

Give Tasmania their own f*cking team.
5000 of those were probably Port supporters.

If Boak didnt nail the 3 points from the umpires for that game he is never going to.
Getting Aliir and Fantasio to Port should see CD get a bonus for those trade deals and I can't wait to see what they do next week.

A good game but still a lot of room for improvement, bring on Essendon

This is by far and away the best squad we have ever had in the AFL

Premiership team had more top end, maybe, but this bats infinitely deeper.

Allbeit I'm not including Primus and Francou for being no shows.
Nah, not yet. That 2001-05 squad was pretty ruthless and had hard at it players. The current forwardline is better.

I'm going to sleep. See you all in the morning!

We've got the Power to win
Power to rule
Come on, Port Adelaide aggression

We are the Power from Port
It's more than a sport
It's true Port Adelaide tradition

We'll never stop, stop, stop
'Cause we're top, top, top
There's history here in the making

Power to win
We'll never give in
'Til the flag is ours for the taking

POWER!!!

Playing at the race track that is the Testra dome in round 1 is going to stretch anyones fitness. Looked like it affected our goal kicking in the last.

Some good signs with our skills by foot and hand in general play.

Only round 1, no need to be peaking.

Happy with the win, glad we got challenged in the first, was curious to see how we'd respond after what Geelong & Brisbane dished up yesterday. I got my answer and when we put our foot down there isn't a side in the comp that can stop it.

Boak BOG for me, thought Ollie had a good game as well, happy Drew looked good, Orazio & AA slot in perfectly and add plenty, Orazio frees Robbie up to play where he is needed as the game dictates. The back 6 looks strong. I prefer the idea of Ladhams as the lead up CHF, and Dixon deep, and Marshall as a foil to that is a great mix.

Onto the next and glad we are already a game and % clear of two of the other sides I fancy to be pushing top 4 later in the year. Had to take the chance today and we did that.

Nah, not yet. That 2001-05 squad was pretty ruthless and had hard at it players. The current forwardline is better.
I get the midfield bulls back then, but given the change of the game we've still got as many as anyone else.

Far far better overall imo. Daylight ahead in the fwd line.

Our depth then wasn't as good too. Mahoney, Thurstans and Cassisi dont get a game for us today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back