Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the question got answered last season, on countless occasions. Hence the optimism and excitement leading into this season.
You can be optimistic and excited while still accepting there are questions to be answered.

There will be questions asked right up until we win the flag. Let them ask. Respond on field.

If we want to answer the question on whether we are going to consolidate wins in a non covid season or whether we are going to revert to 2019, then answer it emphatically and beat essendon well this week. If we want to answer questions on consistency, then be consistent.

To be honest, I'm all for it. Fantasia, Butters, Rozee and Motlop are an embarrassment of small forward riches, Robbie's talents are probably best used in the midfield these days.

As an old midfielder squeezing the last 40 games out of the orange, he’s an insane upgrade on say, Joel Selwood.

Is it just me, or did macron semi fix the guernsey issue? The guernsey didn’t look as horrid as it did in the preseason trial. Or is it just my imagination?
I think we wore retails in the preseason. For round 1 we had the sublimated numbers and a better positioned KFC logo so yeah, seems they did fix it.

That loss against Norf in 2019 is exactly what Im talking about.

Really not sure why people are hating so much on a question. Its a question that has every right to be asked. We get the opportunity to answer it next week. Im absolutely looking forward to that.
People are not so much hating on the question as terrorising it just like we did to Lachie Neale in last season's big win over Brisbane.

Bergman's run down the middle to have two plays in that chain is really a thing of beauty!

Small sign of things to come.
For me that was the most pleasing thing from that whole play. First game, and already showing alot of footy nouse, alot of players would have just stopped after that first handball yet he followed up, ran hard and chained another handball which helped set up that goal.

That 1 play alone gave me alot of confidence that Bergman is going to be a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a North Melbourne supporter at my work who announced last year that he'd be transferring to our Brisbane office and living on the Gold Coast from 2021 onwards.

I wrote the following on his farewell card: "I always thought your football team would relocate interstate before you would".

Just a few points surrounding North I want to review
A) We have managed to sell snake oil to North 3 times - Pittard, Polec and Jacobs. Of course, 2 of these were one transaction, but listening to them harp on about how they've robbed us, only for Pittard to be delisted two years later, Polec to s**t up their culture and Jacobs to try and dog us at our worst by entering the ND only to play an injury ridden 64 games at potentially the most irrelevant team in the country is all pretty amusing
B) How the * do you get sub 15,000 to your opening game after a year of people not being able to attend ANY footy? What the flying *?
C) This is the first nail in the coffin for North - they're s**t at the worst time to be s**t, when there's financial pressure from Tasmania, money is sparse and they're pov as *. I wouldn't miss them. I don't dislike them, but I don't like them either. Just incredibly forgettable.

Play of the day indeed.

Really nice, but North didn’t pressure at all. It looked like a training drill; a perfectly-executed training drill, but a practice nonetheless.

There was a North Melbourne supporter at my work who announced last year that he'd be transferring to our Brisbane office and living on the Gold Coast from 2021 onwards.

I wrote the following on his farewell card: "I always thought your football team would relocate interstate before you would".

Maybe the AFL should only provide them with one way tickets for this week's game.

Play of the day indeed.

One thing you might miss is the fact that after Bergman busts a gut providing the outlet for Motlop and handballs to Amon, he puts a bump on the player that is trailing in to stand the mark so Amon gets more time and space instead of simply sprinting off to perhaps get on the end of another handball receive.

I also enjoyed the fact that there were two sections of that play that were Bergman, Amon, Bonner and that those three were the ones who were putting in the hard yards to create run and spread while guys like Jonas, Motlop and Gray were able to conserve energy.

Bergman, Bonner and Amon could be our Coneheads.

One thing you might miss is the fact that after Bergman busts a gut providing the outlet for Motlop and handballs to Amon, he puts a bump on the player that is trailing in to stand the mark so Amon gets more time and space instead of simply sprinting off to perhaps get on the end of another handball receive.

I also enjoyed the fact that there were two sections of that play that were Bergman, Amon, Bonner and that those three were the ones who were putting in the hard yards to create run and spread while guys like Jonas, Motlop and Gray were able to conserve energy.

Bergman, Bonner and Amon could be our Coneheads.

Hopefully whoever steps in is a good replacement for our new gun, Bonner.

How do you know if someone has a “straight face” on the radio?

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back