2021 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Port or the Crows could fit him or would even want him any ways.
He'd go from "best" 22 to outside 22 at both SA clubs.
Hewett would be best 22 at Adelaide and would be a very damaging and impactful player :)

There were reports and news articles coming out during the trade period

and most of those were based on the idea that because he missed Round 1 he must've been out of favour at the club and therefore we would be looking to trade him with a year left on his contract to get some value for him.

These articles didn't link Hewitt to any other club or suggest that a trade was close/brought up with Hewitt and ignored the fact he only missed Round 1 due to the complications around the birth of his first child who was still in the hospital.

and most of those were based on the idea that because he missed Round 1 he must've been out of favour at the club and therefore we would be looking to trade him with a year left on his contract to get some value for him.

These articles didn't link Hewitt to any other club or suggest that a trade was close/brought up with Hewitt and ignored the fact he only missed Round 1 due to the complications around the birth of his first child who was still in the hospital.
I reckon the media got some sniffs of someone heading to SA from left field and made up the idea of George. Made the most sense.

When in fact was AA.

I reckon the media got some sniffs of someone heading to SA from left field and made up the idea of George. Made the most sense.

When in fact was AA.
The go home factor is lower for some players from Adelaide. They like the lifestyle and weather in Sydney. Hayward, stephens, Gould, etc are all from Adelaide. The swans seem to target these players for these reasons.

The go home factor is lower for some players from Adelaide. They like the lifestyle and weather in Sydney. Hayward, stephens, Gould, etc are all from Adelaide. The swans seem to target these players for these reasons.
Oh for sure.

Leadership group for 2021 revealed - JPK, Parker & Rampe still co-captains (ughh), Buddy & Mills remaining. Joined by Papley, Lloyd and Cunningham. Good group overall.

Great effort by the latter three.
great effort by the 1st three too

Leadership group for 2021 revealed - JPK, Parker & Rampe still co-captains (ughh), Buddy & Mills remaining. Joined by Papley, Lloyd and Cunningham. Good group overall.

Great effort by the latter three.

Just hate the co-captaincy thing. And once you go down that path, it is really hard to get off it without offending players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean really who wants to go back to SA? Seems like a charming yet boring as batshit place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it was more to do with Sam Edmund having connections at the club at the time that told him that checking Hewetts value in the market was something the Swans list managers were looking at... All I'm saying is where there's smoke, there's fire, and Hewett is exactly a big enough name to throw to try and get clicks, there must've been some genuine truth behind it, how much, who knows, but there must've been some

When in fact was AA.
AA was already all but confirmed when the George stuff started coming out

AA was already all but confirmed when the George stuff started coming out

I was one of the alarmists on here at the time the news came out. (To be fair it was right on the heels of the Aliir trade, which I was, and remain, filthy about.)

But in hindsight the whole thing just seems like both George himself and the club had no real intention of him going anywhere, and a case of a player's agent simply getting a clearer idea of the value of his player ahead of a year where he's out of contract.

A club "explores trade options" for a player two days before the deadline of the trade period = jack s**t is being explored.

I was one of the alarmists on here at the time the news came out. (To be fair it was right on the heels of the Aliir trade, which I was, and remain, filthy about.)

But in hindsight the whole thing just seems like both George himself and the club had no real intention of him going anywhere, and a case of a player's agent simply getting a clearer idea of the value of his player ahead of a year where he's out of contract.

A club "explores trade options" for a player two days before the deadline of the trade period = jack sh*t is being explored.
It wouldn't have been 2 days, just 2 days left when the news broke, not saying it means anything, and nothing will probably ever come from it, but there was something there and the club wanted to get an evaluation for some sort of reason

It wouldn't have been 2 days, just 2 days left when the news broke, not saying it means anything, and nothing will probably ever come from it, but there was something there and the club wanted to get an evaluation for some sort of reason

Methinks it was just two days before. The journos, much as we despise them, catch a whiff of every hint of player movement during the trade period, but George Hewett manages to evade their snooping? I doubt it. Like I said, reeks of his agent doing his job.

It wouldn't shock me if the club was willing to part ways with him if it netted something lucrative. And it wouldn't shock me if Hewett himself was willing to depart the club if he was offered something more lucrative. But the total lack of aggression from either parties to make anything happen suggests that the Swans priority was keeping George, and George's priority was remaining a Swan.

I expect campbell and gulden to be in the team rd 1

Mcdonald won’t be far behind them
All three will get a run in the preseason game vs GC. IMO only one will make Rd1. In order of likelihood:
McDonald (3rd tall behind Reid and either Sinclair or McLean)
Gulden (small forward)
Campbell (got way too many ahead of him yet and hasn't played much against men unlike the other two).

All three will get a run in the preseason game vs GC. IMO only one will make Rd1. In order of likelihood:
McDonald (3rd tall behind Reid and either Sinclair or McLean)
Gulden (small forward)
Campbell (got way too many ahead of him yet and hasn't played much against men unlike the other two).

If anything I think campbell is the most likely. His foot skills are very much needed in the best 22.

If anything I think campbell is the most likely. His foot skills are very much needed in the best 22.
So far excellent BF observers indicate he is still picking up the pace and pressure of seniors footy. Gulden and McDonald getting stuck right in. He has a lot in front of him for a flank spot on any line.
Important to keep our expectations of these kids realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back