Preview 2021 Rd 2….Hawthorn v Richmond, 1.10pm Sunday, March 28. MCG. The Inverse Allan Jeans…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Obviously not, otherwise the selectors would have dropped them. We’ve been over this all week, while they’re doing what the coaches, not us, the coaches want them to do they won’t get dropped.

Agree, Rioli, Aarts and Castagna kicked 6 goals between them in RD 1, good to see all our smalls hit the scoreboard.

Caddy isn't the quickest and I'm still not sure of his on going position on the wing but geez he makes up for it with his smarts, good ball user.
Overall he had 17 disposals and kicked a goal last week. Would love to see him back playing HFF, strong overhead and a dead-eye dick for goal.

Guess he and Pickett will be fighting over that wing spot as Macca seems to have tied up the other wing.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
saturday arvo teams this thread is totally dead

gonna ask gil to move team naming back to same days as pre-2020

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Obviously not, otherwise the selectors would have dropped them. We’ve been over this all week, while they’re doing what the coaches, not us, the coaches want them to do they won’t get dropped.
I don’t give a s**t about what was discussed during the week. If you can’t handle differing opinions, don’t read public forums.

Bill Haverchuck

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Not gonna get too annoyed seeing it is round 2 and we just won a flag 2 games ago but we really need to start getting more games into younger players.
If we don't we could easily fall off that cliff a lot sooner than people think..

Not gonna get too annoyed seeing it is round 2 and we just won a flag 2 games ago but we really need to start getting more games into younger players.
If we don't we could easily fall off that cliff a lot sooner than people think..
Dimma and the selection committee are pretty good with getting the kids playing. We’ll most probably have injuries, unfortunately, this year, so the kids will definitely get their shot.

Bill Haverchuck

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Dimma and the selection committee are pretty good with getting the kids playing. We’ll most probably have injuries, unfortunately, this year, so the kids will definitely get their shot.
Sure but in addition we might need to make some hard decisions over the course of the year , we shall see i guess..

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league

I agree with that feel for Ross , but they got to earn to with hard work not throwing in for the sake of it.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
I don’t give a sh*t about what was discussed during the week. If you can’t handle differing opinions, don’t read public forums.
By the same token, it's ok for people to dissagree with you. I wouldn't call that not being able to handle it. We all love the Tigers but it's ok to have differences on players, tactics and footy philosophy. We've discussed many times here being able to agree to dissagree.

By the same token, it's ok for people to dissagree with you. I wouldn't call that not being able to handle it. We all love the Tigers but it's ok to have differences on players, tactics and footy philosophy. We've discussed many times here being able to agree to dissagree.
I was a bit rude to him when replying to his original post, I probably could have worded it better.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Like everyone else I want to see games put into the kids. But that's what North and Freo and Adelaide etc are reduced to doing. We have project players, long shots and rookies who have evolved into guns in Balta, Bolton, Short, Baker and essential roleplayers who oppos call spuds but help us keep our shape and play our style to the max. Those role players are arguably best 22 for us.

So, 22 games is a long season. At a premiership club the kids are going to either have to bide their time, force their way into the side or be ready to go when called up due to injury or form.

This is not news, it's been the same way for a hundred years. Old Tiger fans like me have learned to be patient. The kids will get their chance. Character building stuff.

Last edited:

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I was a bit rude to him when replying to his original post, I probably could have worded it better.
Fair enough but I did want to make the point that we can have differing opinions without snapping at each other. Online we don't see each other's facial expressions, don't hear the tone that things are said and often we assume someone is having a crack at us when really we just see the same thing differently or someone is just making a jibe.

Maybe I'm saying this to remind myself of it too 😂 lol

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
I think Fisher hates us not sure about the rest

Umpires

Leigh Fisher (3), Nick Brown (13), Hayden Gavine (14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back